Robert Carr Chapel
2855 S. University Dr. - 1952; 1954
Architect Joseph R. Pelich designed this complex of buildings that departed from the previous Texas Christian University building designs. The other structures in the complex are Beasley Hall and the Jo Ann and Wayne Moore Building. The style of the Carr Chapel is Georgian Colonial Revival and the brick is a slightly different color. The focal point of this complex is the chapel, which features a 137 foot spire. About one year before the chapel was completed, Beasley and the Moore building opened. The Department of Religion occupies Beasley Hall. The Jo Ann and Wayne Moore Building houses the Brite Divinity School. Thomas McCann Contractors built all three buildings.