Brown-Lupton Student Center
2855 Main Dr. - 1953; 1963; Demolished July 2008
The Brown-Lupton Student Center was constructed as two additions to Dave Reed Hall, but actually fronted the main campus drive, which led to Stadium Drive. Recent construction has reconfigured the access to the campus from Stadium Drive. The Frog Fountain is located in front of this building's site. The building housed Student Center functions as well as having a ballroom and meeting rooms. TCU's main cafeteria was also located in the building, but was relocated to the new Student Union Building when it opened in 2008. In July of 2008, the building was demolished and it will be replaced by Scharbauer Hall, an academic building.