Overton Park United Methodist Church
Arborlawn United Methodist Church began as the Central Methodist Church at 1519 Lipscomb St. In 1951, several members left the congregation to form the Westcliff United Methodist Church. In 1969, Central Methodist Church relocated to this site, and was renamed Overton Park United Methodist Church. The current congregation is a reuniting of the Overton Park and Westcliff congregations. The merger required the construction of a larger sanctuary on the grounds of the Overton Park church, which was built in 1970. Hahnfeld Hoffer Stanford Architects of Fort Worth designed the addition with the intention that use of the existing building was to be maintained. The original part of the church has become the Family Life Center. Steele Freeman was the contractor for the project. The addition to the church was 49,160 square feet, and the sanctuary seats 1,110 people.
Hahnfeld Hoffer Stanford, Fort Worth