Smith-Swinney Motor Co.
1012-20 W. 7th Street - 1927; Demolished February 23, 2007
Until 2007, this building was one of the three surviving structures of "Automobile Row" located along West 7th Street between Henderson and Summit. It was demolished in February 2007. During the 1920's, this stretch of West 7th was the home of many of the premier auto dealerships in the city. Smith-Swinney sold Essex and Hudson Motor Cars. From 1929 until 1962, the building was home of Mastin Motor Co. When Mastin closed, the ground floor storefronts were remodeled and the building has been used by a variety of tenants since that time. In recent years, the building has been vacant and some partial demolition of the upper floor has been done recently. The facade uses Spanish Colonial Revival ornamentation and was designed by Fort Worth Architect Wyatt C. Hedrick.