Constructed in 1938 as one of the improvements to the Fort Worth Union Depot, this depot housed inbound and outbound freight, cold storage, and offices. This building's design is utilitarian; however, it does feature decorative brick work, a stepped cast stone parapet, and a large neon Santa Fe sign on the north end of the building. The structural system used for the building is reinforced concrete. The building sat vacant for quite some time, but it was purchased by a local developer. Their plans were to restore the building, and it reopened in 2002. After the building was restored, it opened as the Fort Worth Rail Market, but that venture was not successful. Soon, the building was leased to UTA. The structure now houses the Fort Worth Center of the University of Texas at Arlington, which opened in 2007.