This building is a replica of the original 1885 building that part of the original two blocks of Sundance Square. During restoration, the building suffered a major fire and it was determined that the building could not be saved. Architects for the project were Thomas E. Woodward & Associates of Dallas and the General Contractor was Thos. S. Byrne of Fort Worth. The Museum contains paintings by Frederic Remington and Charles M. Russell. Paintings of the American West are depicted throughout the museum. Sid Richardson (1891-1959) was an oilman and philanthropist who lived in Fort Worth. Admission is free and the museum is open seven days a week, but is closed on major holidays. The museum has recently been remodeled and now has expanded galleries and a more inviting street presence. The contractor for the remodeling was also Thos. S. Byrne.