Architecture in Fort Worth

Petroleum Building

210 W. 6th Street - 1927; remodeled 1969; restored 2004

Formerly:
Rattikin Title Building
Executive Plaza
Finevest Building
Shick Building
Life of America Building
Petroleum Building

 

This 14 story building was designed by Wyatt C. Hedrick and it features some Art Deco elements. Originally named the Petroleum Building, the building has undergone several name changes throughout its history. The Bank of Commerce occupied the building until they moved down the street.  After they moved, Rattikin Title Company occupied the ground floor for many years. The base of the building was altered slightly and the parapet ornamentation was removed in 1969.   In late 2004, XTO Energy purchased the building and has now changed the name back to the first name, the Petroleum Building.  XTO moved their employees into the building and have restored the base of the structure to its original appearance.