Architecture in Fort Worth

 

Fire Station No. 12

2410 Prospect Ave. - 1910

 

Fort Worth Architects Sanguinet & Staats designed this fire station that was originally designed to house horse drawn fire fighting equipment.  The building is two stories and constructed out of red brick and cast stone trim.  The front elevation has two garage doorways with an arched personnel door between them.  On each side of the garage doors is an arched window.  The cornice features corbelled brick.  This building is identical to two South Side Fire Stations that were constructed in the same time period.  At the current time, the building is no longer used as a fire station, but plans are underway to convert the building into a museum relating to the Fort Worth Fire Department.

Current Photograph by Donnie Campbell

 

 

 



Fire Station No. 12

1916 Photograph
1916 Photo of Fire Station 12