City of FW Highly Significant Endangered Landmark
This partial block of buildings were all built at different times along Magnolia Avenue. The center building in the group was built in 1927 for W.F. Laurence Fine Flowers. The flower shop's neon sign is still present on the building and has been incorporated into the project. The shop is a small brick commercial building with a red tile gabled roof. The end walls extend upward to become gabled parapets. These end walls have a cast stone coping. The entry to the shop features an arched entry and a gabled masonry parapet.
The westernmost building is non-descript and was modernized in appearance. Fort Worth Tent & Awning Co. was once a tenant.
The two easternmost buildings are one story with a modern curved facade on the corner and a two story section addressed as 1306 May. The front building appears to have been built in the 1940's and the rear building was probably constructed in the 1950's. This building has retail on the ground floor and creative office space on the second floor. The tenants inside the buildings are Spice by Thai Select occupies part of the western building with Proper, a contemporary cocktail habitat, occupying the other portion. Fixture Kitchen and Social Lounge occupies the old flower shop and the former Maria's Mexican Food Restaurant in the eastermost building.
Bennett Benner Partners, Fort Worth
Presidio Interests and Hatfield Advisors