Gustavus Adolphus Lutheran Church
400 Hemphill St. - 1912
This congregation organized as a Swedish Lutheran Church in 1905. The congregation hired Conrad Hoeffler to design their new building in 1906, but the construction was delayed until 1912 due to lack of funds. The contractor for the building was R.C. Sweeney. The building features a brown brick veneer with fine corbelling and projecting courses. The arched windows have stained glass in them. The church has a gabled roof with a square entry tower on the northeast corner.