This classically detailed school building opened in 1911 as Fort Worth High School. It was designed by Waller & Field and was built by the Innis-Graham Construction Company. The structure is 3 1/2 stories with the lowest level partially below grade. It is constructed out of cream colored brick and uses cast stone for the Classical details on the building. In 1918, the school became Jennings Avenue Junior High when the new Central High School opened a few blocks away. In 1944, the school was renamed Ernest Parker Junior High School. Parker was a long time principal of the high school. The name of the building was later changed to Ernest Parker Middle School, when the Fort Worth Independent School District realigned the school system. Parker closed its doors in 1977 and stood vacant on Jennings Avenue until the structure and an elementary school on the site were converted into apartments. The gymnasium building on the site was demolished to build a new, third building. This new building blends with the two historic schools. The name of the complex is now Parker Commons and the project opened in 2001.