Architecture in Fort Worth

212 S. Main

1920's (NRHD, DD)

 

This two story red brick building was probably constructed in the 1920's and features several bands of brick soldier courses accented by white cast stone squares and diamonds.  The building has storefront on the Main Street side with two bays of windows on the Daggett Street side.  The rear bays facing Daggett Street indicate the building was designed for a warehouse in the back.  The parapet of the building is basically flat with only the corners of the building slightly accentuated with a raised section.  The building first housed the Franklin-Harris Motor Car Co. Other tenants included the Colonial Cake Company, a transfer and storage company, a Studebaker dealership and an appliance company. For many years, the building was the home of ABC Flag Co. They later changed their name to Lone Star Banners and Flags. In 2017, they relocated to Haltom City, leaving the building vacant.