Land Title Block
111 E. 4th - 1889 (RTHL)
This is one of the best Victorian commerical buildings in Downtown. It also has shades of the Romanesque Revival style. The building is red brick with red sandstone trim, original stained glass windows, and original multi-colored glazed brick. It was designed by Haggard and Sanguinet of Fort Worth and originally housed the Land Mortgage Bank, the Chamberlain Investment Co. (developers of the Arlington Heights subdivision in Fort Worth), and the law firm of Ross, Herd, & Ross. One of the decorative pieces of sandstone showing an owl and a mockingbird. Another is the initials of R.H.R. Over the years, there have been a number of tenants. The Flying Saucer Beer Imporium is the current tenant of the structure utilizing the old bank lobby as the main bar. In 1996, Halbach-Dietz Architects expanded the Flying Saucer into the second floor with a pool room, an additional bar, and offices.