This former gas company headquarters was originally designed by Fort Worth Architect Wyatt C. Hedrick in 1929 as a four story building with capabilities for an upward expansion of three floors. Those three floors were added to the top of the building in 1957 and they were also designed by Hedrick. At that time, the blue flame neon sign of the Lone Star Gas logo was installed on top of the building. C.L. Hudgens and Cain & Cain were the contractors for the building and the addition, respectively. The building features Art Deco Styling and has a beautiful lobby that has been restored. The City of Fort Worth Water Department currently occupies the building.