• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 1963Parade_of_Homes

1963Parade_of_Homes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 03:51 PM

On the northeast corner of Alta Dr and Crestline, is some old mediterranean style house that is being demolished. A few weeks ago they demolished some sort of structure on the south side of the house. It appears they're well underway with the house itself; the roof is completely gone and if I recall correctly from when I drove by the other day, the north wall is completely down also. It looks like nothing is really salvagable, unless they try to do something like the Alamo with it.

Who has owned this through the years? Anyone signifcant? Given the size and location of the house you'd think it would have been someone fairly wealthy. How old is the house? How big was it? Who let it get in such a state of disrepair and why? It looks like it was a fabulous home at one time. It's rather like what happened to all the houses on Penn and Summit in the '50's and '60's. What was it's last market value?

-Jim

:blink:

Edited by John T Roberts, 04 September 2005 - 01:09 PM.

#2 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,802 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:35 PM

Jim, you might want to look that information up on the Tarrant Appraisal District's web site.

http://www.tad.org

#3 hannerhan

hannerhan

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 06:23 AM

By the looks of it, the new owner is going to build something nice...they've got quite a bit of great land right there.

Edited by John T Roberts, 04 September 2005 - 01:09 PM.

#4 Yossarian

Yossarian

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 07:22 AM

The home bellonged to a woman named Hudson, who died last year. The demo is taking some time b/c the house was litterally built to last - very thick rock walls. It was purchased by a home builder (that is all I can say).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users