• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 1963Parade_of_Homes

1963Parade_of_Homes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:54 AM

Two years ago I bought a house in White Lake Hills, the housing development on the north side of I-30 immediately west of Channel 11. Still in one of the cabinets was the Fall, 1963 Parade of Homes newspaper section from the September 29, 1963 Ft. Worth Press. It turns out my house, and 12 others around it, were the 13 houses that constituted the Parade of Homes in Ft. Worth in the fall of 1963.

In the past 2 years I have tried to find out anything else I could about the POH in the fall of 1963 but have completely struck out. I have tried the downtown library, the Tarrant County Home Builders Assoc. (who organized the POH in that year, and other years I would assume), the Ft. Worth Board of Realtors, the Dallas County Home Builders Assoc., Historic Ft. Worth, Inc., the Ft. Worth history archives at UTA, the Chamber of Commerce's magazine (Ft. Worth ?) and the Tarrant County Historical Commission. Not a single one of these sources could come up with a single piece of info on the POH 1963 or in any other year from the 1950's and 1960's.

From at least 1955 to 1963, the Tarrant County Home Builders Assoc. published a magazine called Home Builder. They have no old copies of it, nor does the Ft. Worth Public Library.

Does anyone on this board have any suggestions how I might find out more about the POH in the fall of 1963? In particular, the Home Builder magazine ought to be invaluable. I have not looked for any kind of architechtural magazines.

I hope eventually to do research on all other years of the POH from about 1950-1969. I know there was one held in late September, 1953 in the Edgewood Terrace area in southeast Ft. Worth. I will soon investigate the microfilm of the newspaper at the main library.

-Jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users