11 replies to this topic

#1 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,694 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:26 PM

8 story, 300 room Peabody hotel. Really attractive design aswell.

http://www.star-tele...e159028304.html

#2 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:16 PM

Looks nice. I'm glad it will be in a walkable downtown instead of sprawling suburbia. That said, it's unfortunate there's no transit there.

-Dylan

#3 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:06 AM

...why Roanoke?

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#4 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 03:52 PM

Yeah, why Roanoke? Nothing comes immediately to the mind that can explain this particular location.

#5 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,432 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:06 PM

Other than it's going up in their booming downtown area, I can't think of much of a reason. Proximity to the corporate areas in Westlake and Southlake, TMS, and the airport are probably a factor.

#6 David_H

David_H

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:55 PM

Something like a Peabody Hotel (I've stayed in the Memphis one several times watched the ducks and all that bs) would be a huge boost for a Downtown Fort Worth that is losing its biggest employers. 

I didn't know the Orlando Peabody had been sold, maybe the business just doesn't work outside of Memphis. 

#7 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 01 November 2017 - 09:04 AM

Last Saturday evening I drove across the northern part of the "Greater Fort Worth area," from Roanoke to Southlake to visit a client in one of those magnificent new mansions along White Chapel Boulevard.  The east-west stretch of Highway 114 is still traffic congested in some spots, but it gave me a sight-seeing tour of an area that is beginning to resemble (on a smaller scale) the Plano-McKinney-Frisco corridor regarding high-rise buildings and the modern urban sprawl.  When you have a chance, check out this area.

#8 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,432 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 09:31 AM

I wouldn't call anything in that corridor "high rise", but there's a few mid rise office projects through there: all of the work at Westlake, the TD Ameritrade building going up, the office building at Southlake Town Square, and the new hotel and office complex at Kimball and 114. I just happened to take 114 from Grapevine to the Solana exit on Monday afternoon and cut through there to get to Davis Blvd. into North Richland Hills. I'm amazed at all of the work and improvements going on in Westlake. That looks to be the next focus of big development in that corridor.

#9 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:22 PM

I wouldn't call anything in that corridor "high rise", but there's a few mid rise office projects through there: all of the work at Westlake, the TD Ameritrade building going up, the office building at Southlake Town Square, and the new hotel and office complex at Kimball and 114. I just happened to take 114 from Grapevine to the Solana exit on Monday afternoon and cut through there to get to Davis Blvd. into North Richland Hills. I'm amazed at all of the work and improvements going on in Westlake. That looks to be the next focus of big development in that corridor.

The growth of office and retail buildings in this area is remarkable. I can remember when one of the very few office complexes in this area was the Solana Village at Westlake.

#10 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,694 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 10:44 PM

Nice sign of the recovering economy, The Peadbody had a haitus during 2019 but is back to planning. Fingers crossed a few Fort Worth hotels follow suite.

https://communityimp...-yearlong-halt/

#11 ramjet

ramjet

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 21 September 2023 - 04:52 PM

Does anyone know what happened to this project?  It sorta reminds me of the Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells, but not as tall.  

#12 TLA

TLA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 22 September 2023 - 06:06 AM

Does anyone know what happened to this project?  It sorta reminds me of the Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells, but not as tall.

Looks to be paused due to financing. https://communityimp...-reached-again/

I hope it happens. The project will produce a beautiful building. Of the many ‘new’ towns growing around the metroplex Roanoke seems to have grown with mild urbanism in mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users