61 replies to this topic

#51 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,981 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:56 AM

Yesterday when I visited the Parkview Village construction I saw a few people ride through the development. A few minutes later as I was leaving and turning onto Oakhurst Scenic there was a car stopped and one of the riders I had just seen was laying with his bike on the side of the road in the grass and a few people were around him. I'm not sure if he'd gotten hit or just crashed. The accident was at Embrey & Oakhurst Scenic. 

#52 Volare

Volare

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts
  • Interests:running, cycling, geocaching, photography, gardening, hunting, fishing...

Posted 25 September 2016 - 03:37 PM

Yesterday when I visited the Parkview Village construction I saw a few people ride through the development. A few minutes later as I was leaving and turning onto Oakhurst Scenic there was a car stopped and one of the riders I had just seen was laying with his bike on the side of the road in the grass and a few people were around him. I'm not sure if he'd gotten hit or just crashed. The accident was at Embrey & Oakhurst Scenic. 

We must have been passing at the same time as I was heading to SMU for the game. I too saw the rider being attended to by a couple of folks. Not sure what was going on there.

#53 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,677 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 25 September 2016 - 03:59 PM

One of my good friends who helped me out when I was in the hospital, and some afterwards, was attempting to ride cross country on his road bike and he hit a 2 inch vertical lip on some pavement and went over the handlebars yesterday.  He broke his nose and cut his face up pretty bad. This occurred in Trinity Park.

#54 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 06:48 PM

This occurred in Trinity Park.

At one of the bridges on the stone path on the west side of the park (near University)?

My blog: Doohickie

#55 Volare

Volare

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts
  • Interests:running, cycling, geocaching, photography, gardening, hunting, fishing...

Posted 25 September 2016 - 06:53 PM

I noted they recently aggressively edged the pavement in the Park and other trails along the Trinity. Could easily swallow a bike tire.

#56 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,677 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:38 PM

This happened near the main shelter building on 7th, just west of the river.

#57 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 26 September 2016 - 01:19 PM

Good to be forewarned about the landscaping in this area, especially if traversing at night.  Here's an early morning annoyance:  I ride my bike northward along the Trails during the dark of pre-dawn morning (around 4:00).  Some mornings while approaching the bridges there's a parked police car with its headlights pointing south.  One morning it caused such a glare in my eyes, I ran my bike off the Trails and was almost injured.  I guess the cop is parked there for some security reason.

#58 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:50 PM

Follow-up:  The cop must have read the previous post (or read my mind).  Last Tuesday early a.m. I approached the same spot and the car had the angle of its headlights turned slightly away from the Trails so there was not so much glare and I passed by safely.

#59 Volare

Volare

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:27 PM

There is a new app called "BikeMaps" that is useful for flagging problem areas. Our trail system isn't fully integrated yet in the Fort Worth maps, but crowdsourced Strava data helps show where folks ride the most. Julia Ryan was the one who pointed out this app exists, so the City knows about it too, and can presumably help get any problem areas addressed.

#60 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,981 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 06:23 AM

A humorous take on the matter.

#61 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:49 PM

Hate to do this to Buffalo, but have to ask:  Does anyone know how long you can ride the Trails on a balding back tire? 

#62 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:40 PM

wut?

My blog: Doohickie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users