#51 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,798 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 21 September 2016 - 03:26 PM

I have just received notification that the church has voted to sell their property.

#52 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:58 AM

I was surprised that the home on the southwest corner of Southgate & McCart is now fenced off and appears that it will be demolished.  If you're familiar with the area, that's the house where the border collie in chain-linked fenced backyard was always chasing and barking at cars. 

I wonder if they're realigning Southgate to move its intersection with McCart a little further south (and further away from I-20).  I suspect QT has done a thorough traffic study and is doing the best they can to make sure their new location will have a minimal impact on traffic.

When I drove by this morning it appeared they were ready to start the demolition.

My blog: Doohickie

#53 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:52 PM

Work is beginning in earnest at the McCart/I20 site.  When I was driving to work this morning there were about 4-5 articulated dump trucks entering the site (and hanging out into SB McCart, obstructing traffic).  So it looks like they're beginning the grading/site prep in a big way after several months of low-level activity.

At this point, the block of Lubbock between Southgate Drive and I20 Service Road is gone, and the block of Southgate Drive between Lubbock and McCart is closed off by construction fencing.  It's not clear what the final street configuration will be.

#54 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:05 PM

At this point, the block of Lubbock between Southgate Drive and I20 Service Road is gone, and the block of Southgate Drive between Lubbock and McCart is closed off by construction fencing.  It's not clear what the final street configuration will be.

It appears that both of those streets will remain closed in an effort to keep QT traffic out of the residential neighborhood.  It will actually be quite cumbersome for any QT traffic to get into the neighborhood if they only have entrances on I20 and McCart.

From Fort Worth Business Press,

The Fort Worth City Council voted May 3 to vacate a portion of Lubbock Avenue and close a portion of Southgate Drive to accommodate the project. Lubbock Avenue will be vacated to replat the property for the gas station and convenience store. Southgate Drive will be closed to keep drivers from cutting through the South Hills South neighborhood to get to McCart Avenue, which was one of the concerns neighbors expressed when speaking in opposition to the project.

So it looks like the street closures came in response to concerns from neighbors.  I think it will actually reduce traffic in the residential neighborhood.

#55 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,798 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:19 PM

Doohickie, I think your statements are correct.  I did find the street closure information on the city's website.  I also found a site plan for the station.  It is located on a PDF below:

https://www.google.c...tEJPzAw&cad=rja

#56 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:04 PM

Ah, thanks!  I knew I'd seen something like that before.  If I remember right, the version I saw showed Lubbock continuing through to the I20 access road and aligned with Lubbock on the south side of Southgate.  If that's what it used to be, they apparently changed it in response to neighbor comments.

31380156794_ff610f24c3_b.jpg

#57 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:04 AM

Ah, thanks!  I knew I'd seen something like that before.  If I remember right, the version I saw showed Lubbock continuing through to the I20 access road and aligned with Lubbock on the south side of Southgate.  If that's what it used to be, they apparently changed it in response to neighbor comments.

Nope.  The plan for Lubbock was always to end at Southgate.  But.... they did change from the original plan for Southgate.  They were going to leave it intact, but now it will end at Lubbock.  Here's the original plan, found here (and click on the link ZC-15-085).  The closing of Southgate east of Lubbock was in response to traffic concerns.  That also explains why 5401 McCart was bought out and fenced off after the other properties.

31847084820_2dc5da1c58_b.jpg

#58 mschrief

mschrief

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Anything related to Fort Worth.

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:26 AM

Quik Trip going in south of 820 at Marine Creek.  Verified with the company, May 2017 opening.

#59 Thurman52

Thurman52

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:21 PM

Sorry for double post but QT pulled out of deal to buy the church. This according to email from RHNA this evening.

#60 Electricron

Electricron

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:10 PM

Who is RHNA? 

#61 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,439 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:40 PM

Ridglea Hills Neighborhood Association

#62 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:59 PM

The QT at McCart and I-20 opened this weekend.  I stopped by yesterday. 

I want to explore the site a bit.  Prior to construction, I would often cross I-20 at McCart on my bicycle, and turn down Southgate.  It appears to be separated by a castle wall (really...that's what it looks like), with a wooden fence at the south end of the site blocking the route around the fence.  Driving by it looks like there's a gate in the fence; I can't tell if there's a lock on it or not.  (Even if there isn't, it's kind of a pain to ride a bike over the grass, unlatch a gate, then ride on more grass to get through.)

#63 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:03 PM

The QT at McCart and I-20 opened this weekend.  I stopped by yesterday. 

I want to explore the site a bit.  Prior to construction, I would often cross I-20 at McCart on my bicycle, and turn down Southgate.  It appears to be separated by a castle wall (really...that's what it looks like), with a wooden fence at the south end of the site blocking the route around the fence.  Driving by it looks like there's a gate in the fence; I can't tell if there's a lock on it or not.  (Even if there isn't, it's kind of a pain to ride a bike over the grass, unlatch a gate, then ride on more grass to get through.)

It'll be a good spot coming in from around Hulen. Won't have to stop by the Grandbury location now.

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users