#1 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:00 PM

Saw this in the FW Weekly (LINK):

#EmptyBassHall

At 10 a.m. on Saturday, a dozen Fort Worth photographers, both amateurs and professionals, will come together to capture and share Instagram images of Bass Performance Hall, using the hashtag #EmptyBassHall. The photographers will be exploring various areas of the Hall, from underground tunnels, to the belly of the orchestra pit, to secret passages and hidden rooms; many of these areas have never before been photographed.

#2 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,098 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:04 PM

I meet Mr. Growald a few months ago when he did the Empty Carter. I was a part of the first group to attend that. If you have an Instagram that is the best way to see my shots. He has started a studio and everything, really a treat for local photographers to have a guy like him around. Furthermore interesting, his father is the namesake of Growald Associates Architects, he designed some local landmarks such as the Wells Fargo wedge on N. Main and the Tandy Center.

Excited to see peoples shots from this, curious if any forum members are going to be a part of it.

#3 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,098 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:28 AM

So I did get to attend this (it was a bit of a secret) and it was a blast! We toured high up into the guts, pretty much everywhere in the backstage area and all the overstage areas, above the dome, all sorts of places. If you have an instagram you can follow me as @austin_gti. Eventually I'll get some uploaded to flickr as well and post them here. The audience here is much different and might be interested in all the technical things we got to see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users