60 replies to this topic

#51 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,324 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:19 AM

That project does have ground floor retail and restaurant according to the article.  You have to have a critical mass of residents to make more retail and restaurants feasible and this will help get it that direction.  Look at the Samuels Ave. residential area.  Retail and restaurants have been promised as part of every project that's gone in there and, even with the multi-family explosion over the last decade and a half, there isn't a bit of retail in the area.  As far as the zoning, I'm sure it's some kind of urban mixed use that allows for multi-family residential.

#52 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,981 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:32 AM

qbJoXlb.png

Hard to see any closer but here some more renderings and updated site plan. Looks like the retail may not be ground floor of the building itself but separated into it's own space at the southeast corner. Looks interesting.

#53 PeopleAreStrange

PeopleAreStrange

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:46 AM

The residential building is in a bad location for ground floor retail.

- Dylan

#54 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:07 AM

I wish Lancaster was straightened. Might help that development even more.

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#55 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,324 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:23 PM

It's more the approach for the I-30 ramp that screws things up.  I bet that approach and the section of the street is a raceway.

#56 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:46 PM

It's more the approach for the I-30 ramp that screws things up.  I bet that approach and the section of the street is a raceway.

As I recall, Austin made a suggestion/map in a thread a few months back and I piggy backed on it where you're taking out that ramp (as well as adjusting the westbound exit onto 30) and you wouldn't have to worry about any speed there. 

Unfortunately, it's just a pipe-dream now. 

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#57 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,849 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:35 AM

As long as there is a decent restaurant in this project within walking distance of my office I'm for it.  As it is at present, if a client and I want to dine in the area we have to walk several blocks from Macon to Houston Street for a good restaurant.

#58 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,981 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:41 PM

A clearer view of the amenity area.

burnettlofts.jpg

#59 rriojas71

rriojas71

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:54 PM

Ok... I do like the open space although the rest is kind of a standard design. However, I'm super excited about residential in the area.

#60 beverlyb

beverlyb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 10:26 PM

@post 59. I was recently at a representation by Paris Rutherford and he spoke about this project. If I understood correctly, the grassy area was put there to accommodate a major electrical line.  

The bottom floor will allow for retail (that's not what he called it)/living space units. Example, if you are an accountant you can have your office and living place in the same unit and can even hang a sign out front. They are also planning to have some sort of by unit automated trash pick up. 

#61 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,981 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:02 PM

Some legalese on the Burnett Lofts

On October 28, 2014, the City of Fort Worth (City) entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Catalyst Urban Development, LLC for the master planning and development of the Lancaster Avenue corridor in downtown and to initiate execution of a development strategy for property along Lancaster Avenue. This includes former right of way which came into the City’s possession through the reconfiguration of I-30. The initial implementation of the development strategy outlined in the MOU was to begin with a Phase One project located on the block bounded by Lancaster Avenue, Cherry Street, Texas Street and Lamar Street (Project Site). On July 1, 2015 (Res. 8-2015-2 as amended on November 2, 2016 by Res. 8-2017-2), the Board of Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone Number Eight (TIF) authorized execution of a TIF Economic Development Program Agreement with Catalyst Urban Development, LLC, (Developer) for the construction of a $38 million, 254-unit multi-family, 6,000 square foot retail and 601 space garage development (Project) located on the Project Site. The Project Site consists of both publicly and privately owned property and includes approximately 161,007 square feet of land owned by the City, with two vacant structures totaling approximately 32,249 square feet (City Property). An exhibit of the City Property is attached to this IR. The Project calls for the City to enter into a Ground Lease Agreement with the Developer that will, upon completion of the Project and satisfaction of other Developer commitments, permit the conveyance of the City Property to the Developer in exchange for a permanent 185 space parking easement within the constructed parking garage (authorized under Texas Local Government Code 272.001 (B)(6)). The City Property has been appraised at $4,830,000.00 and the total cost of development and maintenance expenses of the parking easement is estimated to be approximately $4,947,498.00. An M&C will be submitted for consideration at the October 17, 2017 City Council Meeting authorizing the City to enter into the Ground Lease Agreement and thereby authorizing conveyance of the City Property in exchange for the parking easement, and staff is recommending approval. If you have any questions concerning this information, please contact Robert Sturns, Economic Development Director at 817-212-2663 or robert.sturns@fortworthtexas.gov.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Downtown

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users