The Houston Section of the American Planning Association Texas Chapter is hosting its fall signature event, " The Texas Big Six 2040 Workshop". With a horizon year of 2040, the planning directors from Texas' six largest cities, Austin, Dallas, El Paso, Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio, will present about the major plans, policies, and projects currently underway that will shape the livability, resiliency, and competitiveness of these cities and our region's future. This is one of the few times in history the planning directors from the states' largest cities have been convened for a single workshop and panel discussion.
The panelist include:
- Greg Guernsey, Director of Planning, City of Austin
- David Cossum, Director of Sustainability and Construction, City of Dallas
- Carlos Gallinar, Deputy Director of City Development and Planning, City of El Paso
- Randle Harwood, Director of Planning and Development, City of Fort Worth
- Pat Walsh, Director of Planning and Development, City of Houston
- John Dugan, Director of Planning, City of San Antonio
- Keynote Speaker: Andrew Howard, Team Better Block
Our panelist will provide exciting presentations about how our cities and region will mature from 20th century cities into 21st century metropolises that are livable, desirable world-class places that sustain the health, vitality, and happiness of residents, businesses, and visitors. In addition, ample time has been set aside for conversations and questions between the audience and panelist. Don't miss this opportunity and register now!
The Texas Big Six 2040 Signature Workshop
Friday, November 21, 2014
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Texas Southern University
Barbara Jordan Mickey Leeland School of Public Affairs
Cleburne St at Tierwester St
Houston, TX 77004
Registration is required. Please register at this link: https://www.eventbri...ion-13367160537