In light of recent talks of the Rangers possibly leaving Arlington in the not-too-distant future, I decided to do something I did with a soccer specific stadium in mind and make a thread for the slight chance of the Rangers playing deeper into Tarrant County when the lease is up 10 years from now.
I had 10 (actually, about 14) sites for the soccer stadium, but I think I'll cut it down to around 5 or 6 for the Ballpark.
And just a note, I didn't make the model for the ballpark used in the examples. Someone else made it and I simply just downloaded it as a place holder.
- It's LaGrave Field. In its current state, it's a serviceable minor league ballpark. I don't think there's too much you would have to do with the current structure of the park outside of expanding the field, replacing the current outfield seats, and of course, remodeling the facade. Obviously, everything else would have to be built up to reach MLB standards.
- Would be in an urban area
- Would be part of the TRV, and with pretty much everything around it being new, would help create a landmark neighborhood in the city and within good walking distance of several new attractions and downtown.
- Good view of the skyline for fans and visitors.
- Based on the latest renderings for Panther Island, there would have to be a lot of reconfiguration with the streets and canals.
- I would have this as a "Toss-up", but after thinking about it, maybe having a ballpark this size THAT far away from a major highway might not be good. Now, if we had the urban transit for it, I wouldn't have much problem. It may be a long shot, but 10 years is a long enough time...
- Would take out some mixed-use, low rise buildings originally planed for the TRV.
- Parking... Pretty sure if the Rangers built a ballpark anywhere in the Core Hoods, there would be plenty of garage parking, but you know how people feel about garage parking here.