Photo
- - - - -

Frost Tower - Jetta Operating to Build Downtown Office Building

Downtown Office New Construction Bennett Benner Partnership Frost Tower 640 Taylor

• Please log in to reply
509 replies to this topic

#501 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,921 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:32 PM

That's a nice view from up there.

#502 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,310 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:08 AM

Here's a view via my camera this time. The dark sky after the weather a couple days ago camouflages Frost.

DUHN9sEVAAEiUjp.jpg

#503 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,921 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 10:32 PM

I now have the latest construction photos of the building that I took on January 27, 2018.  I'm guessing these will be the last until the signage is installed, or the building is completed.  I'm scheduled to tour it on February 8th.

28179480989_95bb969b58_h.jpgfrostconst-36 by jtrobert, on Flickr

25088125687_3ebd277c71_h.jpgfrostconst-37 by jtrobert, on Flickr

#504 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,921 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:45 PM

I toured the building with the AIA again tonight.  This was my fourth walk through since the building started construction.  Frost is scheduled to have their office workers start their first work day in the building on February 26th.  The bank lobby will open on March 1st.  Anthracite and Jetta are scheduled to move into the building in May.  I noticed on Channel 5 that the upper floors now have lights turned on. 

The interior finish out of the building is nice, and I look forward to seeing it open.  Maybe we could have a forum meeting in the new restaurant that is planned on the amenity levels. 

Also, Bennett Benner Partners confirmed what I had read into the DDRB approval.  The snowflake logo on the east and west sides at the top of the building was approved when the DDRB approved the design of the building.  This was before top of building signage was outlawed by the design guidelines and standards modifications.

#505 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,310 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:38 PM

The interior finish out of the building is nice, and I look forward to seeing it open.  Maybe we could have a forum meeting in the new restaurant that is planned on the amenity levels. 

That would be awesome! 

It's been fun watching this go up. I've never been on the forum to watch the entire process of a new skyscraper get built, from land acquisition to rumors of the size to seeing renderings and watching the whole construction process.

Was anything mentioned about decorative lighting? 

#506 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,921 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:01 PM

Nothing was mentioned about decorative lighting.  The only thing mentioned about lighting of any type was the Frost "snowflake" logo and how it was approved with the building at the DDRB, and that now top of building signage of any type above 120 feet is now outlawed by the Design Standards.  I probably should have asked, but it won't be long before the building will be illuminated.

#507 Now in Denton

Now in Denton

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 06:22 PM

Nothing was mentioned about decorative lighting.  The only thing mentioned about lighting of any type was the Frost "snowflake" logo and how it was approved with the building at the DDRB, and that now top of building signage of any type above 120 feet is now outlawed by the Design Standards.  I probably should have asked, but it won't be long before the building will be illuminated.

Does that include scrolling signage ? If for example someone wanted to scroll Merry Christmas or show a waving American Flag above 120 feet is that not allowed either ? 

#508 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,921 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:25 PM

Now in Denton, I don't know.  Here's a link to the Standards and Guidelines, so you can check for yourself.  http://fortworthtexa...wntown/ddsg.pdf

#509 rriojas71

rriojas71

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:37 PM

I like the building overall, but from some angles it looks “squatty”

#510 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,921 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:34 PM

I will agree that it does look that way from some angles.  They only built what they thought the market could support.  There are still some vacant floors, so it appears they probably built about the right amount to fill up over the next few months to a year.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Downtown, Office, New Construction, Bennett Benner Partnership, Frost Tower, 640 Taylor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users