My blog: Doohickie

#52 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:28 AM

I don't think there will be a way to get to the RR parking lot from the new bridge. There is no way to cross the original oxbow portion of the river without having to cross the other RR bridge and I don't see any plans for them to do so because it would require another bridge constructed parallel to the smaller oxbow bridge. I was hoping that would have been in the plans but I walked around there last week and there is no way to circumvent the oxbow heading south to Forest Park without going onto private property.

Maybe not right away, but it's in the plan.

By the way, if you haven't looked at the plan in a while, it's kind of interesting to see the "pipe dreams" that were proposed in 2009 and how many of them have been implemented.  Just looking through the linked pdf last night, There's the Tilley Bridge, the Waterside link, Airfield Falls (finally!), the Rogers Road pavilion (aka the Woodshed), the Clearfork Bridge and a few others I think that have been built out.  That's quite an investment in the last 8 years.  So before complaining that the "east bank is still dysfunctional," consider the state of the trail system a decade ago.  We've come along way, baby.

#53 rriojas71

rriojas71

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:23 PM

I don't think there will be a way to get to the RR parking lot from the new bridge. There is no way to cross the original oxbow portion of the river without having to cross the other RR bridge and I don't see any plans for them to do so because it would require another bridge constructed parallel to the smaller oxbow bridge. I was hoping that would have been in the plans but I walked around there last week and there is no way to circumvent the oxbow heading south to Forest Park without going onto private property.

Maybe not right away, but it's in the plan.

35003205166_30928aa9b4_b.jpg

Well that's awesome to know. They will have to build another side by side bridge for the shorter train beidge, but I am happy to know it's in the plans.

I wish they would incorporate tje oxbow more

#54 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:32 PM

Well remember this is just the plan.  The plan for Rogers Road was a public pavilion which evolved into the Woodshed.  You never know how they'll implement it in the end.

#55 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:59 AM

Somewhat related to Trails expansion, or maybe under the heading "environmental maintenance."  When I ride my bike to the office its usually early in the morning and, occasionally in the past, I've shared the Trails with a skunk, armadillo, or jack rabbit.  Any of the three species coming up suddenly in front of me certainly adds adrenalin to my system.   But, obviously, the skunk is something to avoid at all costs.  I know that I, like most bike riders and pedestrians, are lovers of nature.  But I wish something could be done about the skunk population.

#56 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,321 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:52 AM

Getting sprayed by a skunk is no joke. We had a dog get sprayed in our backyard several years ago. It was a nightmare getting the smell off of her and out of the house.

#57 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:47 PM

I hit an armadillo a few weeks ago.  I ended up going down, but didn't sustain any injuries.  The armadillo seemed to be fine too.  Just one of those things, and I was lucky that time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users