• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

I thought Bud Kennedy's column in the S-T an interesting take on Jerry Jones giving AT&T naming rights to Cowboys Stadium.  I guess it'll take getting used to saying "AT&T Stadium."  In my opinion, it's one more step away from this Arlington sports facility being identified with the Dallas Cowboys, especially so since Jones has lucratively promoted other venues there. 

.http://www.star-tele...in-cowboys.html

#2 ramjet

ramjet

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

Yep.  A bit icky to me.  It's like the American Airlines Center and the AT&T Arts District in Dallas.  You'd think more thoughtful corporations would quietly support public venues and name them after heroic or iconic citizens or just let them be named for what they are.  I, and maybe just me, am not more likely to use a product because it's name is on a stadium or concert hall.

#3 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,677 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:44 PM

The stadium may have been built for a team from Dallas, but that Dallas team isn't playing there. Due to it's location, the stadium represent two major cities (D/FW) when it's not hosting that D team. Also, FW is the nearest big city to the stadium by a couple of miles.

And you forgot to add that when that team gave Dallas the first opportunity to build a new stadium and bring that team to that city, it refused to do so.  Arlington stepped-up after both Irving and Dallas had declined.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users