Adobe Photoshop Business plan

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 360texas

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • Interests:Digital photography, computers since 1980, Panorama imaging, world travel. After 37 years retired Federal Service 1999.

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

If you have not yet heard about Adobe's new business plan ?

Photoshop CS6 release is said to be last full release.  CS7 and CS suites will be cloud based and you will have to pay monthly.  Its a permanent change in Adobe's pricing model.  I think Light Room and Elements are still single upgrades (not cloud based)

They are initially offering current http://www.adobe.com/

They are offering deep discounts for current users to cross over to using Cloud upgrade downloads

Monthly Rates found here

We can't afford this new business method

Frequently ASKed questions.

Dave still at

Visit 360texas.com

#2 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,048 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

360, I am on CS4 because I missed the discount on CS6 by 2 weeks.  I bought a new faster computer and figured why load my 3 year old Photoshop.  So I checked into an upgrade to find out that my deadline was Jan 5 for the deeply discounted upgrade.  So because I was close, I thought I would give Adobe a call and plead with them to let me have the upgrade price. (Bought my last photoshop through ADOBE for $700 in 2010)  Nope.  Too late for the deal.  Tried to get them to come half way.  Nope.  Asked them can the discount the new $700 at all? Nope. Kind of made me mad, so I said "Forget it, put me through to your support department and then can then talk me through transferring my CS4 to my new computer."  I was determined not to give them any more money at that point.

I would have been happy to pay like $500 bucks for the upgrade.   

That pay monthly thing is pretty icky.  To me.  I may search for an ADOBE alternative.

#3 Dismuke

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts
  • Interests:Late 19th/early 20th century history, popular culture architecture and music. Collecting 78 rpm records from the 1900 - 1930 era.

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

That pay monthly thing is pretty icky.  To me.  I may search for an ADOBE alternative.

And if there isn't a viable alternative and there are enough people out there who feel the same way you do such an alternative might very well come along.

Radio Dismuke
1920s & 1930s Pop & Jazz
24-Hour Internet Radio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users