2 replies to this topic

#1 Rodeo4Phun

Rodeo4Phun

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

I posted this a couple years back, thought I'd give it another shot...
My grandmother was shot at a place on Jacksboro hwy. called either barrel lounge/city lounge ( was Barrel lounge then changed to City lounge about the time my grandmother was shot) in 1968. I thought the "gangster" days where over in the 50's, but the research I have done show that they were still around in the 60's. I know my grandmother was no saint, but would be interested in hearing from anyone who might have some knowledge and/or information about these times or lounges in the time era mentioned.
I have names and stories would share but, dont want to cross line here.
My grandmother managed a place called "Open Air Lounge" also on Jacksboro Hwy.
I have been to Fort Worth library and was able to come up with newspaper articles of her death and her obituairy. I would love to talk to anyone that has first hand knowledge of these clubs and possibly knew my grandmother, or can lead me to a site I can research...
Thank you for your time
Rodeo
P.S.

#2 detail larry

detail larry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

rodeo , i wasnt old enough to have been around thunder road then , i was alive but in school. but i have researched the highway and all the clubs. i do know people who were around , cliff helton used to own the barrel,but in 68 it was calledcity lounge , 1209 jacksboro hwy. open air lounge was at 2237 jacksboro hwy. larry

#3 Rodeo4Phun

Rodeo4Phun

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

Thanks Larry, do you know how I can contact CLiff Helton? Thanks again for your time and research

Thanks Larry, do you know how I can contact CLiff Helton? Thanks again for your time and research

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users