• Please log in to reply
800 replies to this topic

#751 panthercity

panthercity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:05 PM

That seems very ambitious, but Ill take it!

#752 A_Random_Username

A_Random_Username

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:07 PM

TEXRails given date to begin opertion is December 20th, 2018. 365 days!

I missed the year....thought it was today and I missed it. Good to know ill have a year to prepare

#753 PeopleAreStrange

PeopleAreStrange

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:08 PM

Are you sure that's not for the Davis Blvd lane closures? The NRH Twitter page says that's happening until today.

Thursday seems like a weird day of the week to start a new passenger rail service.

- Dylan

#754 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

Surrounding Cities Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:40 PM

Soft opening?

#755 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:09 PM

The Stockyards also has lots of public money invested into it. I haven't read or heard of anyone within the Stockyards tax zone suggesting they were willing to pay all or any of the difference of hosting the TexRail train in the Stockyards vs having the commuter train station at 28th Street.

Simply because you haven't read or heard of anyone wanting to host the Tarrant Express train in the Stockyard does not mean that there wasn't interested or anticipation that the station would be in the Stockyards.  Understandably, your distance for Fort Worth and Tarrant County puts you at a disadvantage when local issues are debated and hatched out.

(1) Grapevine was outraged and threaten to pull out of its participation in Tarrant Express citing that it had been mislead by FWTA/DART to believe that there would be a direct connection between Grapevine and the Stockyards.  Grapevine C&VB touts the back and forward tourist traffic between Historic Downtown Grapevine and the Historic Fort Worth Stockyards as the key component to its participation in Tarrant Express.

(2) Fort Worth was actually caught off guard by the FWTA/DART decision and saw it as a political blunder to whereupon the City demanded and eventually hired new management for the project.  For Fort Worth, as oppose to Grapevine, the key component of Tarrant Express is to provide it with direct connection between DFW Airport and Downtown.

As for Stockyards/Fort Worth, we can say for certain that funding for a station would and should have been included in Tarrant Express if both Grapevine and Fort Worth had known that FWTA/DART had other plans that they were not forthcoming about.  Since FWTA/DART appears to have had their own agenda, their own self-control TOD @28th Street,  it was deemed by Fort Worth to be too late and problematic to begin negotiations in the middle of the project with the railroads for cross over rights to build a station at the Stockyards.  Instead FWTA/DART proposed a "shuttle bus system" that eventually all sides came to agree on and to eliminate any further delays of the project.

It is disingenuous to suggest that the Stockyards did not have any interest in a Stockyards Station when it is likely that they were never seriously approached by FWTA/DART; that they were kept in the dark ,just as Grapevine and Fort Worth had been by FWTA/DART, about the decision that FWTA/DART had already made alone to build the station at 28th Street.

As someone who is from Fort Worth, I am confident that had the public and the Cities of Fort Worth and Grapevine been given the opportunity to provide comments on where the station should be that the decision would have been in the Stockyards.  All that being said; I believe that direct rail transit will come to the Stockyards in the form of a street car or light rail.  Tarrant Express is a great benefit to Fort Worth and Tarrant County; it could have had a greater benefit to Fort Worth and Grapevine had FWTA/DART thought more of what was better for the participating cities than what was better for itself.

Posting this in the appropriate thread. :)

#756 tamtagon

tamtagon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:21 AM

That is going to be a real roller coaster of a ride north of downtown.

I'm looking forward to the views this ride will offer.

#757 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 12:16 PM

That is going to be a real roller coaster of a ride north of downtown.

I'm looking forward to the views this ride will offer.

Seldom am I willing to give FWTA/DART the benefit of the doubt; the visual perception in photo taken of the over pass might be an exaggeration created by where the photo is snapped. If it really is a hazardous issue, then it is yet another example of on of their bone-headed decisions.

Looking forward to the "views" is yet another snarky remark from the other side of the Metroplex; and from someone who will likely never have a daily reason to ride Tarrant Express other than during opening ceremonies.

The irresistible urge to throw cold water at anything on this side is obsessive.

#758 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 12:49 PM

Dude chill

#759 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 01:20 PM

Dude chill

I respect your feelings and any of you who might feel that way; however appeasement is not my cup of tea.

I am wise enough to know that many will find disagreement with me on any number of issues. I am also entitled to express my opinion as long as it is germaine.

This is in the best spirit of The Forum. :)

#760 Not Sure

Not Sure

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 02:05 PM

The irresistible urge to throw cold water at anything on this side is obsessive.

Pot, meet Kettle. You're really reaching with some of these comments. Best spirit of the forum? Right. You're trolling and you know it.

#761 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 03:33 PM

Seldom am I willing to give FWTA/DART the benefit of the doubt; the visual perception in photo taken of the over pass might be an exaggeration created by where the photo is snapped. If it really is a hazardous issue, then it is yet another example of on of their bone-headed decisions.

Looking forward to the "views" is yet another snarky remark from the other side of the Metroplex; and from someone who will likely never have a daily reason to ride Tarrant Express other than during opening ceremonies.

My comments about it being a roller coaster are tongue in cheek. While the grade changes may not be outside of maximums, they are not something you normally see in railroading outside of mountainous areas. The grade changes are needed, and you probably won't be holding your hands in the air when you pass through, but it is very different for tracks around here. It is not necessary for you to take a jab at Tamtagon for his reply to my post. As I can see the tracks from my back yard and they do climb so high over Peach Yard and the Choctaw Sub, I'm willing to bet you will get some scenic views of north Fort Worth and downtown from this route.

Your caustic commenting is off-putting and detrimental to the forum.

Www.fortwortharchitecture.com

#762 tamtagon

tamtagon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:50 AM

This is in the best spirit of The Forum. :)

I'm sorry for getting into this non-topic spat with you. 

Has the TRE/TexRail station gotten any attention from mixed-use planners yet? Making the highway overpass into an access point to the Near Southside and Medical District would create a very compelling Vickery Boulevard.

#763 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:13 PM

There's a multi-story residential and mixed use project planned for the northwest corner of Main and Vickery and a mystery project that hasn't been announced yet on the vacant lot on the northeast corner.

#764 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:44 PM

There's a multi-story residential and mixed use project planned for the northwest corner of Main and Vickery and a mystery project that hasn't been announced yet on the vacant lot on the northeast corner.

Hmm...?

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#765 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 06:43 PM

Not sure which one you're "hmm?"-ing.

The 12 story mixed use, partnership between The T and the housing authority, proposal has been around for more than 3 years.  Not a priority for the housing authority, but I'm sure the fact that the neighborhood is booming could speed it up.

http://www.fortworth...?showtopic=5715

I can't find Austin's post from not long ago on the mystery project, but the site was being used to store trailers and it has been cleared.  He had a pic of the sign and it leads back to a developer.  The developer replied to him on Twitter or Facebook, but gave no details.

#766 elpingüino

elpingüino

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:28 PM

I believe you're referring to Elkhorn Union. Here's the thread: http://www.fortworth...?showtopic=6525
  • JBB likes this

#767 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:33 PM

Thanks.  I was looking for it in a topic on the Southside instead of its own thread.

#768 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:58 PM

Not sure which one you're "hmm?"-ing.

The 12 story mixed use, partnership between The T and the housing authority, proposal has been around for more than 3 years.  Not a priority for the housing authority, but I'm sure the fact that the neighborhood is booming could speed it up.

http://www.fortworth...?showtopic=5715

I can't find Austin's post from not long ago on the mystery project, but the site was being used to store trailers and it has been cleared.  He had a pic of the sign and it leads back to a developer.  The developer replied to him on Twitter or Facebook, but gave no details.

I was referring to the northeast corner. I know about the 12 story building. 

I almost forgot about that... 

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#769 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:42 PM

The T shared a photo from inside the maintenance facility

DSuSdAFVQAAy-hO.jpg

#770 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:58 PM

Here's a photo I took of the Peach St  rail bridge (aka the roller coaster section) from the Belknap bridge

DUQQkpAV4AAAarM.jpg

#771 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:46 PM

There's plenty of room next to that for a Tilt-a-Whirl and a churro stand. 

#772 Electricron

Electricron

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:29 AM

The FWTA insists upon vast surface parking for its rail stations. Compare what TRE ,under the vision of DART, did at its own medical center station. There is no surface parking; instead, passengers embark and disembark at a drop-off and pick-up platform. The station has a minimalist footprint. Such a similar solution would probably be a popular one if it was implemented at the Fort Worth Medical District station. FWTA could be

It appears that the current council is vastly more pro-transit than prior councils; and as such, is becoming more dissatisfied with FWTA being at best a mediocre transit authority. The FWTA's repeated blunders does little to enhance its image or gin up confidence. Both Price and Burns are demanding higher standards and performance coming out of FWTA; and if it cannot do better quickly, it is not unthinkable that the FWTA will have an infusion of new blood at its top levels.

Keep Fort Worth folksy

Both the Dallas and Fort Worth Medical Districts have huge paid parking garages. That's one of the reasons why DART didn't build a huge free parking lot at their Medical Center Station. Few transit users would be able to use it because all the penny pinchers visiting or working at the hospitals would use them instead of paying to use the other pay to park garages. 

Whereas I will agree in an urban area large parking lots are not needed for transit, I'll disagree and state that parking lots are needed in suburban and rural areas. How many skyscrapers in downtown Fort Worth have parking garages? Are there many grocery stores in your neighborhood without a large parking lot? As long as 98% of the transportation users within the city refuses to use public transit, parking lots will be needed. 

#773 txbornviking

txbornviking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:04 AM

The FWTA insists upon vast surface parking for its rail stations. Compare what TRE ,under the vision of DART, did at its own medical center station. There is no surface parking; instead, passengers embark and disembark at a drop-off and pick-up platform. The station has a minimalist footprint. Such a similar solution would probably be a popular one if it was implemented at the Fort Worth Medical District station. FWTA could be

It appears that the current council is vastly more pro-transit than prior councils; and as such, is becoming more dissatisfied with FWTA being at best a mediocre transit authority. The FWTA's repeated blunders does little to enhance its image or gin up confidence. Both Price and Burns are demanding higher standards and performance coming out of FWTA; and if it cannot do better quickly, it is not unthinkable that the FWTA will have an infusion of new blood at its top levels.

Keep Fort Worth folksy

Both the Dallas and Fort Worth Medical Districts have huge paid parking garages. That's one of the reasons why DART didn't build a huge free parking lot at their Medical Center Station. Few transit users would be able to use it because all the penny pinchers visiting or working at the hospitals would use them instead of paying to use the other pay to park garages. 

Whereas I will agree in an urban area large parking lots are not needed for transit, I'll disagree and state that parking lots are needed in suburban and rural areas. How many skyscrapers in downtown Fort Worth have parking garages? Are there many grocery stores in your neighborhood without a large parking lot? As long as 98% of the transportation users within the city refuses to use public transit, parking lots will be needed. 

I guess a counterargument could be, so long as we cater to the free large parking lot fetish that 98% will never seek an alternative to their autocentric ways.

#774 PeopleAreStrange

PeopleAreStrange

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:32 PM

If you remove free park-and-rides for commuter lines and charge for parking, that removes a lot of incentive for people to take transit into the urban core.

- Dylan

#775 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:36 PM

Here's a nice article on the project

https://www.midwesth...cc-1b5d224dddd7

#776 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:20 PM

If you remove free park-and-rides for commuter lines and charge for parking, that removes a lot of incentive for people to take transit into the urban core.

Here are the parking numbers for each TEXRail station

T&P (Existing) ..........................................350
ITC (Existing) ...............................................0
North Side ...............................................164
Mercantile Center ..................................... 318
North Richland Hills/Iron Horse .................. 376
North Richland Hills/Smithfield ..................559
Grapevine/Main Street ............................... 137
DFW Airport North ....................................208
DFW Airport Terminal B .................................0

#777 PeopleAreStrange

PeopleAreStrange

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 10:02 PM

One parking space for every four projected passengers... yikes.

They're either optimistic about how many passengers will find an alternative to driving, or they're optimistic about ridership projections.

I'm thinking several TEX Rail parking lots will need to expand in the future. Several TRE parking lots were expanded after it opened.

- Dylan

#778 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:38 PM

March will see TEXRail trains begin testing on a 7 mile stretch, probably around Grapevine or the EMF. The EMF should open in May. The SW leg needs $400 million, which they want to raise half in local efforts. This from the most recent T board meeting.

#779 txbornviking

txbornviking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:49 PM

March will see TEXRail trains begin testing on a 7 mile stretch, probably around Grapevine or the EMF. The EMF should open in May. The SW leg needs $400 million, which they want to raise half in local efforts. This from the most recent T board meeting.

I assume the $400milllion would be to bring TexRail to the original Summer Creek terminus? Any talk or cost estimates of maybe a Phase 2a to only the TCU/Berry location?

#780 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:52 PM

I assume the $400milllion would be to bring TexRail to the original Summer Creek terminus? Any talk or cost estimates of maybe a Phase 2a to only the TCU/Berry location?

Should be the whole thing.

#781 Electricron

Electricron

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:04 PM

Just as a reminder why the southern TexRail corridor has half the construction costs of the northern half, it involves mostly double tracking the FWWR corridor, installing positive train control, and building four new stations. They are not going to need to tear up the existing tracks and relay them from the roadbed up because the FWWR and the Santa Fe before them maintained the existing tracks far better than DART maintained the ex-Cotton Belt corridor. Most of the expensive construction items already exist or just need expanding, and there's no flyovers required. I believe the biggest headache for construction will be where the FWWR crosses under I-20. The rest of the corridor should be relatively simple to build.

The easier something is to build the cheaper it is. :)

#782 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:18 PM

I'd imagine getting the train going southbound just south of 30 before the Mistletoe Station is going to be tricky as well since I don't see a bridge there yet?

#783 PeopleAreStrange

PeopleAreStrange

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:25 PM

The SW segment is actually projected to be slightly more expensive per mile than the NE opening segment.

NE segment: $1 billion (1,000 million) / 27 miles: $37 million per mile.

SW segment: $400 million / 10 miles: $40 million per mile.

- Dylan

#784 PeopleAreStrange

PeopleAreStrange

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:41 PM

One parking space for every four projected passengers... yikes.

They're either optimistic about how many passengers will find an alternative to driving, or they're optimistic about ridership projections.

I'm thinking several TEX Rail parking lots will need to expand in the future. Several TRE parking lots were expanded after it opened.

I'm an idiot- didn't take into account that many passengers will ride twice a day.

There will be roughly one parking space for every two people. That's a bit more realistic, though I still think they will need to expand parking in the future.

- Dylan

#785 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:44 PM

I've been looking and asking for a projected number of TEXRail passengers who are originating at the airport as visitors. I've never been able to find any. These people obviously won't have cars, but I have no clue the expected numbers.

#786 PeopleAreStrange

PeopleAreStrange

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:51 PM

The FEIS has 2035 ridership estimates. See page 26: https://docs.google....ew.pdf&hl=en_US

If my interpretation of their data is correct, 200 visitors a day will board at DFW station. However, I'm skeptical of / confused by their data.

-----------------------------------------------------

Took me a while to figure out the difference between "Station Activities" and "Originating Boardings." The prior is double the latter, so I'm assuming the latter is where people board to start their trip, and the prior adds in where people board to return home. If you subtract the latter from the prior, you get a sense of how many people use each station as a destination.

Destinations (from northeast to southwest) -

DFW Airport: 4,128
DFW North: 637
Grapevine: 250
Smithfield: 162
Iron Horse: 379
Haltom City: 96
Beach Street: 223
North Side: 154
Fort Worth ITC: 1,116
T&P Station: 582
Medical District: 874
Berry Street: 232
Granbury Road: 217
Summer Creek: 4

Do they really expect DFW to be twice as big of a destination as downtown?! :o That does not sound realistic.

EDIT: It says 180 "original boardings" would arrive at DFW station by rail, and 20 by bus. It doesn't seem to take into account people flying in.

EDIT 2: It also doesn't seem to take into account passengers who are dropped off at any station by someone else.

- Dylan

#787 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:31 AM

According to this DART's orange line has ~900 weekday riders at the DFW stop, much lower than TEXrails's projections there. I'm skeptical as well. 

Edit - Can't copy paste for some reason but page 85 here says the majority of DFW riders would be connecting to DART's system or employees of the airport. DFW is listed as having 60,000 employees, more than DTFW.

#788 redblock

redblock

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:55 PM

I noted that Gordon Dickson, in his Star-Telegram article about the people mover proposal, mentioned that the TexRail opening date is now December 31, 2018.

#789 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:01 PM

Yeh they mentioned at the meeting that the first revenue service will be 1/1/19.

#790 redblock

redblock

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:44 PM

Will TexRail have Sunday service?

#791 Electricron

Electricron

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:57 PM

Will TexRail have Sunday service?

That will depend upon how many riders ride it. If there is not as large a drop off on Saturday as compared to Monday-Friday, there's a possibility they will try to provide a Sunday service. If the drop is as large as it is for the TRE, then Sunday service will probably be in doubt. If they expect many to ride this train to DFW International on Friday evenings, then they should provide some services on Sunday evening. If not, there's little point providing a Friday evening service. :)

Ridership cures all ills when it comes to transit. Whether they do or do not provide Sunday service initially can change once the ridership reports come in. No one likes running trains that are empty. The trains TexRail is buying will always be four cars in length, they can't be any smaller.  Unlike the GTWs operated by DCTA, where a single GTW consists of just two cars. People will comment upon seeing mostly empty trains, just like they do with mostly empty buses. 

#792 PeopleAreStrange

PeopleAreStrange

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:59 PM

Sunday service may also depend on whether Trinity Metro receives additional sales tax revenue.

They say the TRE doesn't run on Sunday because it's "track maintenance day," but I suspect the real reason is Trinity Metro's limited budget.

- Dylan

#793 txbornviking

txbornviking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:59 AM

If you care about funding for FWTA, or even how that funding is derived, PLEASE email your council-member and the mayor this weekend to let them know your thoughts.

#794 Electricron

Electricron

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:22 PM

Interesting videos from the recent TRE2018 convention.

Paul Ballard speech (FWTA)

Kevin Feldt speech (NCTCOG)

Tim McKay speech (DART)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mx_6YQF5G4

Tim Keith speech (Texas Central)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLuOMhFgV9o

There are more speeches with videos posted at youtube for those interested for more.

#795 txbornviking

txbornviking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:29 AM

Here are the parking numbers for each TEXRail station

T&P (Existing) ..........................................350
ITC (Existing) ...............................................0
North Side ...............................................164
Mercantile Center ..................................... 318
North Richland Hills/Iron Horse .................. 376
North Richland Hills/Smithfield ..................559
Grapevine/Main Street ............................... 137
DFW Airport North ....................................208
DFW Airport Terminal B .................................0

Speaking of parking spots for our rail lines, 

Hoping this image works,

Should be showing ridership by station for the TRE 2013-2015 (most recent figures I have).

Curious how these numbers compare to parking spots for TRE.

https://t.co/36hVhtz4tu
(https://twitter.com/...0876897281?s=03)

#796 Electricron

Electricron

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:33 AM

I would like to point out that there are blocks upon blocks of paid parking lots near the ITC, and garages upon garages of paid parking near DFW Terminal B. So the zero (0) reported parking from TexRail publicity isn't telling the whole truth.

If you're going to post a link of the reported ridership at TRE stations for comparison purposes with TexRail, how about listing them side by side? TexRail projected weekday ridership per EIS, and TRE weekday ridership '15.

TRE

T&P  620

ITC  790

Richland Hills  610

Hurst/Bell  480

Centerport/DFW 1090

West Irving  300

South Irving  530

Medical Market Center 700

Victory 1300

Union  1380

TexRail 

DFW Airport 4,128
DFW North 637
Grapevine 250
Smithfield 162
Iron Horse 379
xxxHaltom City 96xxx (Not being built)
Beach Street 223
North Side 154
 ITC: 1,116
T&P 582
-----------------------(?To be built later?)

Medical District 874
Berry Street 232
Granbury Road 217
Summer Creek 4

#797 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:59 PM

The recently proposed federal budget cuts the Capital Investment Grant fund (AKA New Starts) down from $2,413,000 to $1,000,000. Without the New Starts program the first leg of TEXrail could not have happened as it payed $499 million of the $1 billion project. 

Does anyone know how these cuts could effect the SW leg? 

#798 PeopleAreStrange

PeopleAreStrange

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:55 PM

Trinity Metro is hoping the federal New Starts grant will cover half the cost.

However, federal grants require a local match, so I don't expect Trinity Metro to apply for TEX Rail phase 2 funding this fiscal year.

The current budget proposal (if identical in future years) could prevent TEX Rail's phase 2 from happening, or delay the project for many years.

It's worth noting that the president's proposal is... a proposal. Congress can (and often does) modify it.

Edited by PeopleAreStrange, 12 February 2018 - 10:06 PM.

- Dylan

#799 txbornviking

txbornviking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:48 AM

I noted that Gordon Dickson, in his Star-Telegram article about the people mover proposal, mentioned that the TexRail opening date is now December 31, 2018.

Yeh they mentioned at the meeting that the first revenue service will be 1/1/19.

FWTA President/CEO Paul Ballard is quoted as saying " We are planning a special service run on New Year’s Eve, with regular service beginning January 1, 2019."

He also mentions they "will begin testing our trains in March" so who knows what we may see at that time.

http://www.metro-mag...or-airport-link

#800 Electricron

Electricron

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:28 PM

The recently proposed federal budget cuts the Capital Investment Grant fund (AKA New Starts) down from $2,413,000 to $1,000,000. Without the New Starts program the first leg of TEXrail could not have happened as it payed $499 million of the $1 billion project. 

Does anyone know how these cuts could effect the SW leg? 

Will the SW leg ever get built, and would it ever qualify for FTA "New Starts" funding? Don't forget, there's a reason why it was dropped  in the first place. I don't think that reason was the absence of local matching funds. 

Remember, cuts in programs like these affect future projects, not existing projects already promised funding. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users