4 replies to this topic

#1 GenE

GenE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:History, photography,

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

Back in the late 70's, I had a temporary assignment at the Federal Records Complex in Fort Worth. I thought that it was somewhere around 8th or Hemphill.

I looked at google-maps and couldn't find anything recognizable. On the west side of the complex, there was also a huge steam locomotive.

Has the Records Complex been deactivated? Any clues?

Thanks,

GenE Shockley

#2 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,437 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

If you are talking about the complex at Felix and Hemphill, I believe it is now owned by the city. If I'm not totally mistaken, the city service center formerly located on Harley at the Will Rogers complex was moved to that property and there are preliminary plans to build the fire and police training center on the property. As for the archives, they relocated to a smaller facility in the business park behind the Miller brewery.

#3 elpingüino

elpingüino

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

JBB is right, the Fort Worth Federal Records Center is on John Burgess Drive, back behind the brewery: http://www.archives....frc/fort-worth/
The National Archives Southwest Region is at the same location, and also has a research center in Montgomery Plaza: http://www.archives.gov/southwest/

#4 GenE

GenE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:History, photography,

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

If you are talking about the complex at Felix and Hemphill, I believe it is now owned by the city. If I'm not totally mistaken, the city service center formerly located on Harley at the Will Rogers complex was moved to that property and there are preliminary plans to build the fire and police training center on the property. As for the archives, they relocated to a smaller facility in the business park behind the Miller brewery.

Thanks. What happened to the locomotive?

#5 Ghost Writer in Disguise

Ghost Writer in Disguise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

Texas & Pacific 610 is long, long gone, moved to Palestine where the Texas State Railroad has kept it in storage all these years as it is too heavy for their track.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users