• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 detail larry

detail larry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

there was a bar named 7th haven on 7th street and carroll , it just closed , does anyone know why ? my detail shop is right around the corner from it.

#2 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

Seems that bars never really close, they just change locations add paint and new signs, same people.

...but for 7th Haven specifically.

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#3 detail larry

detail larry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

so your telling me that 7th haven has opened some where else ? i find that strange , they had one of the best locations in town.

#4 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

so your telling me that 7th haven has opened some where else ? i find that strange , they had one of the best locations in town.

The last location was the 3rd in a decade.

The most recent location has had an alcohol license which means it's very likely the next business there will have something to do with alcohol.

Owners of pubs are like everyone else, the negatives fade with a little time so with nothing but fond memories it's very likely they'll be attracted to try a new idea, in a new way, in a new location but more than likely with all the same players.

Questions:

What makes a good pub?
  • Owners with a good idea and the ability to implement it.
  • Great managers implementing owners ideas via wait staff.
  • Wait staff and all the variables they bring to the equation.
  • Good location.
  • Good patron base.
So if you have a great pub downtown and change nothing but the owner, managers, wait staff, does anything change?

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#5 Ron Payne

Ron Payne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, architecture, hot rods, stormy weather

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

I noticed Taco Heads was gone, but 7th Haven is still updating the clever sayings on their sign each week, so I assumed they were still there... Guess not?
"People only ask you how you're doing, 'cause it's easier than letting on how little they could care" - Jackson Browne

Hear my original music (and other stuff) at RPQx2 Music

#6 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,325 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

As the article that David linked to states, 7th Haven is shutting down for good.

#7 detail larry

detail larry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

yes i talked to some of the customers and they said it wont be re opening.

#8 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

I think pubs / clubs have to evolve or they wither and die, the entire process of attracting then maintaining customers makes them a limited venture, the one exception are places that have a solid restaurant base to rely on.

#9 Russ Graham

Russ Graham

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

There's a greek food place called "The Vine" that opens today, next door to where 7th Haven was.

I've only lived here 11 years and I talk like an old-timer - "It's in the same building as The Shamrock yoostabe".

#10 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

7th Haven, incidentally, has re-opened as The Gold Standard. Along with being a dive bar, they're trying to get food trucks to stop there. I haven't seen any trucks there at night, not sure if they are having any success getting food trucks during the day.
My blog: Doohickie

#11 mmiller2002

mmiller2002

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Interests:Born 1959
    HS Grad 1977
    1982 BSEE Penn State

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:00 AM

I thought I read that it was going to be a food truck park of sorts with the indoor eating and drinks.

#12 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

That's what they said. At night it's a dive bar; I haven't seen it during the day. They originally sought permission to park up to nine food trucks there and the city rejected it. I think under existing ordinance, they can have up to four trucks there at a time. I went there when they had their soft opening (on a Sunday night) and they had four trucks there. I haven't seen food trucks there since.

#13 mmiller2002

mmiller2002

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Interests:Born 1959
    HS Grad 1977
    1982 BSEE Penn State

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:05 AM

Food truck parks need plug-in power so that customers don't hear, smell, and feel the heat of the running engines...I wasn't impressed with that park behind Target because of all the running engines. Has it's appeal waned?

#14 youngalum

youngalum

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:20 AM

Food truck parks need plug-in power so that customers don't hear, smell, and feel the heat of the running engines...I wasn't impressed with that park behind Target because of all the running engines. Has it's appeal waned?

Unless it is quirky Austin Texas or you think riding a bicycle to/from work in 100 degree heat is no big deal, I would say it is getting close to yes.

#15 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

I dunno about that... we'll see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users