• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 detail larry

detail larry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

i remember famous hamburgers , the guys name was nick and i think he was greek.they tore him down for a chineese place. then there was the richelieu grill, 415 main street and 700 pennsylvania , it was owned by j c fletcher , he was a car dealer too. terrys grill was down by the convention center. ok its your turn.......

#2 ejstinson

ejstinson

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

Nick's was Great. Everyone just called him Nick the Greek because no one could pronounce his last name. If you were close by at lunchtime you couldnt resist the smell of onions and burgers grilling in the open air.

I used to always get the "Blackjack" cheeseburger which was jalapenos grilled pressed right into the meat.

I made a special trip there with a friend one super-hot afternoon in 85-56, actually went in and sat on those old stools and took a good look at the inside of the place.

It had the old old pressed pattern tin sheets on the ceiling and I had to fight the flys that day but that Bud was colder than a you know what in a brass bra.

Famous Hamburgers should have re-opened in another location too bad it didnt happen.

Oh and you gotta mention Angelo's BBQ & Joe T. Garcias in this thread. The old Mexican Inn too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users