• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 detail larry

detail larry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:46 PM

ON DECEMBER 23 , 1974 THREE YOUNG GIRLS WENT TO SEMINARY SOUTH SHOPPING CENTER , THEY NEVER RETURNED HOME. SOMEONE SOME WHERE KNOWS SOMETHING. THIS CRIME HAS GONE ON TO LONG , WITHOUT SOMEONE COMMING FORWARD ! LETS PUT OUR HEADS AND SOURCES TOGETHER , AND SEE IF WE CAN SHED SOME LIGHT.IF YOU HAVE ANY THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS , GET BACK TO ME.

#2 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

ON DECEMBER 23 , 1974 THREE YOUNG GIRLS WENT TO SEMINARY SOUTH SHOPPING CENTER , THEY NEVER RETURNED HOME. SOMEONE SOME WHERE KNOWS SOMETHING. THIS CRIME HAS GONE ON TO LONG , WITHOUT SOMEONE COMMING FORWARD ! LETS PUT OUR HEADS AND SOURCES TOGETHER , AND SEE IF WE CAN SHED SOME LIGHT.IF YOU HAVE ANY THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS , GET BACK TO ME.

I always think it is the most underrated crime in the Metroplex. Seems like it would still be on the front burner. A very puzzling crime for sure. One girl. Yes. Maybe two. But three girls. That crime is very unsettling. Are we shopping at Kroger next to that killer. Does some horrible person have 3 girls tied up in their basement? He must not have told a soul. Don't you wish these guys had just enough humanity in them for a death bed confession. Or even when they turn 80 as they would likely not be locked up with the worst at that age. I also keep thinking with all the "Whodunits" on TV that the crime would be revisited. Tragic loss. And the guy that did it may be on government assistance. (We could be feeding him and providing his medical care. That drives me nuts to think.) Of course he could be a College professor that many respect.
www.fortworthview.com

#3 detail larry

detail larry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:02 PM

I always think it is the most underrated crime in the Metroplex. Seems like it would still be on the front burner. A very puzzling crime for sure. One girl. Yes. Maybe two. But three girls. That crime is very unsettling. Are we shopping at Kroger next to that killer. Does some horrible person have 3 girls tied up in their basement? He must not have told a soul. Don't you wish these guys had just enough humanity in them for a death bed confession. Or even when they turn 80 as they would likely not be locked up with the worst at that age. I also keep thinking with all the "Whodunits" on TV that the crime would be revisited. Tragic loss. And the guy that did it may be on government assistance. (We could be feeding him and providing his medical care. That drives me nuts to think.) Of course he could be a College professor that many respect.

#4 detail larry

detail larry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:06 PM

WELL BRIAN , LETS TAKE IT ON OURSELFS TO KEEP IT OUT THERE BEING TALKED ABOUT. SOMEONE KNOWS SOMETHING . AND I KNOW BETWEEN ALL OF US ON HERE WE KNOW LOTS OF PEOPLE.....WHAT DO YOU THINK ?

#5 detail larry

detail larry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:47 AM

#6 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:50 AM

Detail Larry: When you post in all caps on the internet, it is generally received by others as SHOUTING. Please DO NOT SHOUT. Thank you.
My blog: Doohickie

#7 detail larry

detail larry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:50 AM

AFTER FURTHER RESEARCH , THERE IS LOTS OF INFO OUT THERE. AMERICAS MOST WANTED HAS A LINK TO THIS CRIME. I THINK IF WE START TALKING ABOUT THIS TERRIBLE CRIME , WE CAN TURN UP SOMETHING ..... WHAT DO YALL THINK.

#8 detail larry

detail larry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:43 AM

Detail Larry: When you post in all caps on the internet, it is generally received by others as SHOUTING. Please DO NOT SHOUT. Thank you.

#9 detail larry

detail larry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

sorry i didnt know thgat , thank you for pointing that out to me, and you have a great day.

#10 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:The city of FORT WORTH

LOWRIDERS

TRUE CLASSICS CAR CLUB

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:48 AM

TTT post the link to the story on AMW
TRUE CLASSICS CAR CLUB
Fort Worth Texas

United Lowrider Council

#11 Phil Phillips

Phil Phillips

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:50 PM

www.missingtrio.com

www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=69919

www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/trlica_mary.html

One of the articles states that the only thing missing from the car was three $50 bonds. I assume they were US Savings Bonds. I wonder in whose name they were issued and if records indicate whether someone ever cashed them in.

#12 detail larry

detail larry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

www.missingtrio.com

www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=69919

www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/trlica_mary.html

One of the articles states that the only thing missing from the car was three $50 bonds. I assume they were US Savings Bonds. I wonder in whose name they were issued and if records indicate whether someone ever cashed them in.

#13 detail larry

detail larry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

phil , thats a good question . i think someone in that family or one of those families. isnt that information public knowledge after this long ? get back to me

#14 Phil Phillips

Phil Phillips

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:31 PM

No, this is an active police investigation. There is no statute of limitations on murder. It is not public information. If the savings bond idea is new, turn it over to FWPD or the FBI. They have the resourses, we don't. If you don't mind my asking, why the intense interest?

#15 Phil Phillips

Phil Phillips

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

Report number: 74-A-205
Victim: Carla Walker, 17 years old

Synopsis:
On February 17, 1974, Carla Walker was kidnapped while she sat in a car with her boyfriend at the Ridglea Bowl parking lot. Carla’s body was found three days later in a culvert near Lake Benbrook in Tarrant County. It was later determined that she had been strangled. Carla Walker was a student at Western Hills High School.

Source: FWPD cold cases

Report number: 78018772
Victim: Lecia McGee, 17 years old

Synopsis:
On January 22, 1978, Lecia McGee went to visit some friends. She left a few hours later and did not return home. Her family reported her missing. The next day, Lecia’s body was found in her car, which was parked at 2300 S.W. Loop 820. She died as a result of being stabbed several times. She resided a few miles from where she was found.

January 30, 1974: Cheryl Ann Callaway, 18, is stabbed to death with an ice pick in a parking lot in Forum 303 mall in Arlington. Did the perp graduate to kidnapping and killing three girls a couple of months later?

#16 detail larry

detail larry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:41 PM

No, this is an active police investigation. There is no statute of limitations on murder. It is not public information. If the savings bond idea is new, turn it over to FWPD or the FBI. They have the resourses, we don't. If you don't mind my asking, why the intense interest?

#17 detail larry

detail larry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:43 PM

i remember growing up about this case, and it seemed like no one realy cared,i find it hard to believe that three people can just dissapear and noone know anything.

#18 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,672 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:23 PM

I was in high school at Paschal at the time the girls were abducted. Later on, my mother worked for a while with the mother of one of the girls. It's really a shame that this case was never solved, but I'm not real sure this forum could help solve the case.

#19 detail larry

detail larry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:45 PM

I was in high school at Paschal at the time the girls were abducted. Later on, my mother worked for a while with the mother of one of the girls. It's really a shame that this case was never solved, but I'm not real sure this forum could help solve the case.

#20 detail larry

detail larry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:46 PM

yea john , your right ,maybe it got some people thinking about it.

#21 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,672 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

Believe it or not, I do think about it from time to time. I spent a lot of time there as a kid and a young adult.

#22 detail larry

detail larry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

I started this topic a while back , there was a little activity on this forum about the missing girls , within the last few weeks some one has sent word to me through phone calls that she has information about this topic.the calls have stopped , the only place i can think that this person could have put me together with this topic is on this forum. So if you are on this forum , please get back to me , i promise your name and info will never be published or given to anyone. You can trust me , i am only interested in the facts of this story.You can contact me the same way you did before.

#23 mssuzieq

mssuzieq

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:14 AM

Report number: 74-A-205
Victim: Carla Walker, 17 years old

Synopsis:
On February 17, 1974, Carla Walker was kidnapped while she sat in a car with her boyfriend at the Ridglea Bowl parking lot. Carla’s body was found three days later in a culvert near Lake Benbrook in Tarrant County. It was later determined that she had been strangled. Carla Walker was a student at Western Hills High School.

Source: FWPD cold cases

Report number: 78018772
Victim: Lecia McGee, 17 years old

Synopsis:
On January 22, 1978, Lecia McGee went to visit some friends. She left a few hours later and did not return home. Her family reported her missing. The next day, Lecia’s body was found in her car, which was parked at 2300 S.W. Loop 820. She died as a result of being stabbed several times. She resided a few miles from where she was found.

January 30, 1974: Cheryl Ann Callaway, 18, is stabbed to death with an ice pick in a parking lot in Forum 303 mall in Arlington. Did the perp graduate to kidnapping and killing three girls a couple of months 

My mother was married to one of Carla's brothers, years later. Unfortunately one of the gentlemen still fervently investigating this passed last year. I have spoken with her brother Jim recently. He, Carlas sister, and mother are all that remain of the immediate family. I wish they could get some answers before Mrs. Walker passes. http://justiceforcarla.webs.com/

Sometimes it takes more than one tank of gas in your bike to clear your head....

#24 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:The city of FORT WORTH

LOWRIDERS

TRUE CLASSICS CAR CLUB

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

TTT SOME ONE KNOWS SOMETHING!!!

(I am aware I am shouting)