• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:11 PM

On the eve of the Iowa Caucasus, which I find insanely complex and misleading.

I didn't see this when it came out in 2009, but is well deserving of more air time within the next year.

I stumbled on this documentary while loading free documentaries into my Netflix queue so I could watch them on Roku, was just going to put this on for background noise then realized there appeared to be some serious content here, and content that's stood up to some serious backlash when you consider it's points are leveled squarely at the media:

Part 1: free

Part 2: free

Part 3: http://youtu.be/QYR0wWUlYYg free

Final Part: http://youtu.be/xfDCMyKNqEU free

-a film by John Ziegler

I'd recommend the netflix option if you have it, I've not watched through part one on YouTube to see if it leads you to a part 2, but the stats at the end of the film are rather scary and the fact that Ziegler offered to cover all expenses for any news organization to perform the same surveys and prove his findings inaccurate yet not one took him up on the offer.

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#2 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:04 AM

Any predictions who the top 3 will be today in Iowa?

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#3 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:44 AM

Regarding the first post... Short Attention Span Summary, please?
My blog: Doohickie

#4 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,842 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

Groucho, Zeppo and Harpo with Yosemite Sam of Texas 4th to last.

Keep Fort Worth folksy

#5 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

I stumbled on this documentary while loading free documentaries into my Netflix queue

If you're paying for a Netflix subscription, they're not exactly free. :)

Netflix has a suprisingly impressive selection of documentaries. I've watched a few that I probably would have never seen otherwise.

Romney, Santorum, Paul. It's amazing how fluid the primary race has been. 5 candidates have enjoyed front-runner status at some point (although I'm not sure Romney ever really relinquished it) and Santorum is surging when he's was probably left for dead just a few months ago. I suppose that's a symptom of the ever extending length of the primary cycle. It's turning into a close sporting event at this point: the last team with the ball will win the game.

#6 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:01 PM

Regarding the first post... Short Attention Span Summary, please?

...it summed up the blatant bias the press displayed in the last presidential election, I saw a lot of day to day examples of answers taken out of context or answers cut off to change the tone on sound bites, none of which were in this documentary, then they sum it up by having an Obama supporter hand pick exiting Obama voters and polled them on multiple choice questions, they scored in the bottom third on actual political questions like "Which party controls Congress?" but 90% could tell you who spent $150K on their wardrobe. ...the kicker was that some scored below the %25 you could get if you just guessed.

#7 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:06 PM

I stumbled on this documentary while loading free documentaries into my Netflix queue

If you're paying for a Netflix subscription, they're not exactly free. :)

Netflix has a suprisingly impressive selection of documentaries. I've watched a few that I probably would have never seen otherwise.

Romney, Santorum, Paul. It's amazing how fluid the primary race has been. 5 candidates have enjoyed front-runner status at some point (although I'm not sure Romney ever really relinquished it) and Santorum is surging when he's was probably left for dead just a few months ago. I suppose that's a symptom of the ever extending length of the primary cycle. It's turning into a close sporting event at this point: the last team with the ball will win the game.

The links are for free youtube.

I wonder if Iowa voters really take it serious, their tallied votes are "guidelines" which is clearly stated on their gov site, so when it comes down to the delegate "in AUGUST" the vote could be cast for anyone they want, if I'm reading it correctly, which is what caused some issues the last time around.

I think a lot of Iowans enjoy the attention and purposely stay "undecided" all day and I wonder if some are just gaming Santorum and voting something else when the time comes, guess we'll find out in a couple hours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users