6 replies to this topic

#1 101Partner

101Partner

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:23 AM

A rumor is circulating in our workplace that XTO Energy has purchased the Oil & Gas Building. Has anyone on this forum heard something similar?

#2 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:31 AM

A rumor is circulating in our workplace that XTO Energy has purchased the Oil & Gas Building. Has anyone on this forum heard something similar?

I am not familiar with the "Oil and Gas Building". That is not the same as the "Petroleum Building" on Throckmorton that XTO bought 6 years ago, right?
www.fortworthview.com

#3 101Partner

101Partner

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:24 AM

I am not familiar with the "Oil and Gas Building". That is not the same as the "Petroleum Building" on Throckmorton that XTO bought 6 years ago, right?

Correct not the same, the Oil & Gas Building is at the corner of 7th and Taylor. It shares a common entrance off 7th with the adjacent Commerce Building. The lobby of the Oil & Gas Building is home to the Trinity River Vision project.

#4 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:38 PM

The Trinity River Vision office is in the Commerce Building, not the Oil & Gas. If this is true, and XTO did not purchase the Commerce Building, then I guess the lobbies would have to be separated again.

#5 101Partner

101Partner

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:40 PM

The Trinity River Vision office is in the Commerce Building, not the Oil & Gas. If this is true, and XTO did not purchase the Commerce Building, then I guess the lobbies would have to be separated again.

Thank you Mr. Roberts. I always get the two switched in my mind for some reason. The completely unverified rumor only sites the Oil & Gas Building

#6 cberen1

cberen1

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:28 AM

I wouldn't count this as verification, but I asked a friend of mine who would know with certainty if the building had been sold or not. He asked me where I heard about it. We talked about XTO's other purchases downtown. After a while I said, "by the way, you didn't answer my question". He just smiled and turned away.

I smell a pending sale.

#7 ron4Life

ron4Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:17 PM

Ooooooh so exciting. I wonder, I wonder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users