Photo
- - - - -

What's happening with the realignment of Harley, demo of the Health Dept. Bldg, New Arena?

Cultural District New Arena Public Works Harley Avenue

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#51 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:59 AM

....but is it really needed? I'm not sure what is truly gained from this other than causing traffic and pedestrian concerns on game nights trying to get to Farrington Field from what I guess would be a parking lot east of the new road.....

This is much needed. This will hopefully relieve the traffic that is approaching the W7th area from northbound University Drive.

I agree with the concerns held by RRJ7.  I don't really understand the Trail Drive Extension unless there is something yet to be announced about developing the FF property.  Of course, this corridor would be an ideal route for some sort of transit that would connect DA and W7.

The probable cause of increased traffic at University@7th is the increase in automobiles as a result of the increase in population in general. 

Connectors are, by their design, a quick/fast shortcut.  So building connector roads are more likely to have spill over into the local streets and create more pedestrian v. motorist conflicts. 

#52 rriojas71

rriojas71

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:17 AM

This is much needed. This will hopefully relieve the traffic that is approaching the W7th area from northbound University Drive.

I'm not sure if putting a small road that runs about a 16th of a mile that connects to another congested area is going to relieve traffic. It's not much of a difference than driving to Lancaster and turning right. It just sounds unnecessary, but I could be proven wrong.

#53 PeopleAreStrange

PeopleAreStrange

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:34 PM

The plan looks nice on map, but Currie Street will likely see an increase in traffic.

- Dylan

#54 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:46 PM

Whether it does or not, I don't mind this either way...

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#55 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:53 PM

.... It just sounds unnecessary, but I could be proven wrong.

You may add risky also -

Just wait until the first "Friday Night Football" prep school fatality caused by a student or fan darting across this busy bypass.  I don't believe that you will be proven wrong as of a number of reasons; aside from the slicing through a potentially prime chunk of land for development.

#56 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:12 AM

You may add risky also -

Just wait until the first "Friday Night Football" prep school fatality caused by a student or fan darting across this busy bypass.  I don't believe that you will be proven wrong as of a number of reasons; aside from the slicing through a potentially prime chunk of land for development.

There will be police directing traffic on game nights I'm sure.  If they can handle Concerts on the Green and all the people crossing University, they can handle this.

My blog: Doohickie

#57 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:25 AM

You may add risky also -

There will be police directing traffic on game nights I'm sure.  If they can handle Concerts on the Green and all the people crossing University, they can handle this.

And what makes you sure; there will be the funding for additional police?  When and where do police patrol crossings along University or any where else?  But, maybe these issues have already been thought out and a determination has been made that intersecting school kids and automobiles is a low risk.

"What could possibly go wrong?"

#58 rriojas71

rriojas71

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:47 AM

You may add risky also -

I think if we have to add police to help with crossing this nothing of a street then that makes the case that there is no need for it and that it is the wrong solution.

#59 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:06 AM

You could, but regardless the police will be there to control traffic. They probably already control traffic on that side of the stadium.  (It's been a while since I've been to a game there.)

My blog: Doohickie

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cultural District, New Arena, Public Works, Harley Avenue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users