#51 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (Papaw @ Nov 16 2008, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like a great day for it. Might try to make it for some closer shots. Monee, is that 400 your using a prime or 100-400 tele?

It's my new (July) Canon 400 5.6L prime. My only prof. lens and my only EF (Not EF-S) lens. What a sweetheart of a lens. (And, as I already told my wife, it was only 200 bucks!)

BTW, I call it my Titan. (Nissan Titan has a 5.6L engine. And gets 3 mpg less than equivalent HP Chevy) I ramble.
www.fortworthview.com

#52 Papaw

Papaw

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:22 PM

If it was only two hundred bucks it would have melted your camera by now but I won't tell her any different. It is a great lens and better IQ than the 100-400. It is the longest I will ever be able to afford as at that length it takes megabucks going any faster than 5.6. The 1.5 extender works pretty well with it also and then you have an effective 600.
Really enjoy your pics and envy your viewpoint.

#53 Papaw

Papaw

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:32 PM

A couple of SCCA at ground level:

Oops

#54 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:35 PM

Great shots Papaw!

I sure would like to get in that mini Formula racer and take a few spins around the course. They sure could not have asked for a better day for such activities. On November 16 it could have been 43 with rain.
www.fortworthview.com

#55 Papaw

Papaw

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:03 PM

Thanks, yes, this time of the year mother nature can serve up anything here. After looking at these I see where the shutter speed was too fast, as they say you should have it slow enough to show wheel motion and in the case of prop driven planes, have blurred prop motion. Going to have to start shooting more action.

#56 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 06:56 PM

6:40 PM Saturday Evening. Northbound I-35 at the downtown 280 split. It looks like they expected this cleanup to take a while.

www.fortworthview.com

#57 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:37 PM

There are accidents here almost every day. That I see. I-35W northbound splitting to 121 North. Was an accident there last night for example.
Have not sorted this one out. (they are still working it this Sunday evening at 9:35pm) I see the firefighter watering the street, so more than a fender bender likely. Dangerous curve, I surmise. When they check their cell phone records they will see all parties were on the phone. (I know, I am only 85% likely to be right on this count.)

www.fortworthview.com

#58 Okie-JR

Okie-JR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:22 AM

I hate that section of highway. I used to drive it for 6 years. Lots of lane changing for several people required withing about a 1 1/2 mile stretch of road. Makes for an easy wreck if your attention wanders a little. Thank goodness I don't have to do it anymore.

#59 dustin

dustin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:47 AM

I drove by this last night on the way home at about 9 pm. There was a little black sports car that was nose-against-the-guardrail and looked in pretty bad shape. There were a couple of other fender benders behind that. Up ahead, there was a semi with its flashers on that looked to be involved somehow.

#60 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:43 PM

11:45 pm. 12-31-08. Was wanting to take fireworks pics tonight. (AA Center in Dallas from my perch in Fort Worth) Could not see Dallas well at all. Seemed strange as it was a pretty clear day. Stepped out on my balcony and I could hardly breath with the smoke. (Wife is about to run me into the shower as I now smell like a firefighter... I told her to run with it and we will do some role-playing.) I looked to the right and figured out why I could hardly breath. Smoke alright.
Looks like it is coming from Southwest Downtown. Took a shot for your review. Anybody now of a fire? And if so, could you ask them to put it out before midnight were I can get my fireworks pics?

www.fortworthview.com

#61 Papaw

Papaw

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:58 PM

Probably fireworks would be my guess (or a fire as the result of them). I'm starting to see some noise at ISO 1600 from that Rebel, guess you will have to trade it in on a new 50D or 5d Mk II. rolleyes.gif
I have really enjoyed your pictures this past year and look forward to many more in 2009.

Happy New Year

#62 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (Papaw @ Dec 31 2008, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Probably fireworks would be my guess (or a fire as the result of them). I'm starting to see some noise at ISO 1600 from that Rebel, guess you will have to trade it in on a new 50D or 5d Mk II. rolleyes.gif
I have really enjoyed your pictures this past year and look forward to many more in 2009.

Happy New Year

Thank you.
And indeed tons of noise at 1600. And I am toying with the idea of a new full frame camera (5d Mk II would be at the top of that list.) I have already committed to buying my last EF-S lens (For lower end SLR's) for making a move. 360 warned me about the EF-S's but a long time ago (May) I could not see buying a new camera ever again. That was before I started phase II of my simple life. Obsession with photography.

Have not really made up my mind about having video in my camera again. (like my toys from my ancient past, like 2007) If I could get that same 5d camera for 200 bucks less without the video, I would. I plan to get a good all digital HD camcorder soon as soon as they figure out the software issues. (I have a toy HD camcorder now that is pretty good and keeps me patient waiting on a good one.)

I expected something in this morning's Star Telegram on the smoke. Could it actually be just fireplaces? I have learned I can take no pictures on Christmas Eve through the incredible pollution of fireplaces. I guess it is the same thing on New Years Eve. Personally, I have a new Blu Ray fireplace disk that is just like having a ripping fire. Fun. And I am not hauling insect ridden logs into my home. wink.gif
Happy new year, Papaw
www.fortworthview.com

#63 Papaw

Papaw

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:14 PM

Ahh, that "crop - full frame" debate keeps going. Most of the photographers that came to digital from film tend to want nothing but full frame and I think anyone needing wide angle shots are pretty much sold on them also. As I have mentioned before, I spend a lot of time on the P.O.T.N. http://photography-o...forum/index.php and there are thousands of interesting threads on this very subject. I have been tempted by the 5D and the prices have really dropped since the 5D MK II has been introduced but my style is much tighter shots. I really enjoy candid shots and find myself cropping a lot to bring out the expression on a persons face rather than their surroundings. The thing that really makes me want to upgrade is the improvement of noise reduction in the newer cameras, as I have a long way to go to perfect flash photography and non-flash, properly exposed, just seems to help give the real feel of mood to the observer.

Maybe sometime the forum could have a walking photo excursion in or about the downtown area and post some of their shots, similar to what John did with the bike lecture thing - that I unfortunately missed out on. I 'm afraid the current economy might slow up some of the architectural developing this next year and we might be discussing and photographing more of what we have than what we will be getting new in the future.

#64 dustin

dustin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:02 AM

there was a huge column of black smoke rising from over in that direction around 5:30/6 pm on NYE. Hard to imagine that it was still burning at 11:45, unless it was a tire fire or something like that. It looked to be coming from around the rosedale and beach area.

#65 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:38 AM

Ouch! I-35 and 121. 6:45am this Jan 6 morning.
I hate to have to quote Smokey and The Bandit, but this clearly violates the "keep the shinny side up and the dirty side down" principle.

www.fortworthview.com

#66 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:08 PM

Stayed home today (for nothing, weather wise) and then at 7pm tonight the highways have shut down.
I guess several hours of 26 and a good rain does not mix well. I saw this happen last year on a Sunday night where all at once the highways are not passable.
There really is nothing but accidents out my windows but I grabbed these 5 shots. All at the same time. I never really knew this until I lived here, but it is always the 18 wheelers that shut down the overpasses. They just get so far and can't continue. And now I am cold. But a reporter has to get the story. So here is my first round...

www.fortworthview.com

#67 Papaw

Papaw

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:23 PM

Your definitely on the right side of the lens to be on tonight. It looks like people would learn that icy conditions and driving on elevated roadways are an invitation to disaster. We have a a police scanner that is a lot of fun to listen to on nights like this.

#68 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:33 AM

10:30am this Wednesday. Nice bright sunshine. Streets more dangerous than earlier this morning when people were going 5mph.
Also, when you look at this pic you can be reminded that the overpasses are the first to freeze and could be the last to thaw. (It is still 25 on the bottom of these overpasses even if the bright sunshine is melting the rest of the streets.)

Injury accident.

www.fortworthview.com

#69 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:39 AM

First thing I do when I wake up (OK, Maybe the second thing) is walk to my windows and check my backyard. (My backyard goes to Kaufman)
Saw the emergency lights so I grabbed my 400, screwed on my 2x and bolted to the window. (I think there is a song in there somewhere.)

Sure enough. An overturned truck as you get off of I 30 to go North on Sylvania. (Not really positive on the location, but think so.) A few shots.
BTW, I just looked and there is another truck that says FARMERS MARKET on the side of it that appears to be receiving the cargo from the overturned truck. If you see a few bruised apples at The Farmers Market today, don't say I didn't warn you...

www.fortworthview.com

#70 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:51 AM

My beat. (Downtown, downtown.) 12:02am. this morning. Police chase ended right in from of my lens with an big accident. I caught it all. I first heard the sirens that sounded like a police chase. (I have lived downtown long enough now to know the difference.) Heard the loud crash (was not looking in that exact direction at that moment so I did not actually see it happen) and bingo I am looking at the end of the short chase and an overturned car and at least one other car involved. I took 40 good pictures. Narrowed them down to 14 that tell an obvious story. As I don't want to bog the Forum down with 14 pictures of this I am going to disseminate in this fashion... post them all to my FLICKR account and give you a link if you are interested in them. If you are not that interested, I am posting 7 of them here in TV Land.

The link is a slide show. A slide show sounds a little to festive for a crash scene but it is the only way for non FLICKR account holders to see larger image sizes. (I could be wrong here.) You can stop the slide show to look in more detail. I have looked a lot. Believe me, there is a story to every one of these 14 shots.

For example. Crash just occurred. Cop checking on the driver. (alleged bad guy) . Cop point a gun at the guy getting out. Giving him a sobriety test. Cuffing him. Questioning him in the car. Putting driver on stretcher. Clean up.

Here is the link. As always, click the arrows button in bottom right to fill your screen.

http://flickr.com/ph...213470799/show/

For those that don't want to divert to my FLICKR account, here are 7 shots.

First minute after end of chase. (Crash one) Cops checking on guy.

In front of Blackstone. (Corner Bakery)

Come out with your hands up. (Back side of car)

You're in a heap of trouble buddy!

You are headed downtown pal! (wait, I am already downtown?)

After 20 minutes, the bad guy decides he is injured. Away he goes. (Still cuffed) here is the blurry one I need not mask.

Clean up on isle 5

www.fortworthview.com

#71 Sam Stone

Sam Stone

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:46 AM

How on earth do you flip a car on Main St.? Even in a chase it doesn't seem like there would be room to get a car going fast enough. Nice pics, Monee.

#72 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (Sam Stone @ Feb 22 2009, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How on earth do you flip a car on Main St.? Even in a chase it doesn't seem like there would be room to get a car going fast enough. Nice pics, Monee.

Thanks. And I don't understand the physics at play here. Main street is not even long enough in Fort Worth to go very fast. I think the fact that I could never find the front wheel of this car probably tells the story. He was going faster than we thought.

I now know, he was drunk and hit 9 (NINE) cars.

I am going to be on the Channel 11 news tonight. A news crew asked if they could come to my condo and interview me about my taking pics of events from up high. I told them three words. (FORT WORTH FORUM)

BTW: The rest of the world knows me as Brian Luenser as opposed to Monee9696.

And because I am a dork, here is the news crew in my condo 20 minutes ago.

www.fortworthview.com

#73 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,672 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:54 PM

I will be watching the 10 PM news on Channel 11 tonight.

#74 360texas

360texas

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Interests:Digital photography, computers since 1980, Panorama imaging, world travel. After 37 years retired Federal Service 1999.

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:14 AM

Hey Brian, we WERE watching the NEWS last night - long 'white' lens pointing down towards the street, tripod, black camera and 34th floor balcony view and all the pieces fell into place... . I turned to my wife and said LOLLLL I KNOW who that is !!! He's on the Fort Worth Forum - "If I was a News Reporter" AND NOW YOU REALLY ARE ONE !!!! WOW and ON TV !

I did notice something peculiar... Just behind the camera a reflection of a very bright light ! Yeah my hair is thinning too !

Another 15 minutes of fame !! Congratualtions - Monee ! Job well done

Dave still at

360texas45x145.png
Visit 360texas.com

#75 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:36 AM

Thanks!

And you know what they say about cameras... They take 95% of your hair away! newlaugh.gif

Hang off of your 400' balcony long enough with a big enough lens and your going to get some stuff...

My next direction? I want very high quality video, 24 hours a day from my place. Mostly as a crime fighting tool, but for whatever. (Crooks beware.) I am thinking about having this video feed on the internet with like streaming video. I even secured a web URL (fortworthview.com) which I have as of yet done nothing, but stand-by!

Can't find a link to the good Channel 11 invterview in my condo yesterday, but here is a link to the short Channel 21 (Sister station)

Channel 21 link

http://cbs11tv.com/video/?cid=11 click on right side of their site (overnight chase, crash in Sundance)

www.fortworthview.com

#76 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:15 AM

And my fame mounts. (About 2 hours ago I sent them my pics.) Star Telegram. All the pics are mine but of the guy. I guess I need to change the name of this thread to "Pics that may or may not be in the newspaper!"

http://www.star-tele...ry/1224193.html
www.fortworthview.com

#77 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:17 PM

Was watching TV tonight at 10pm and noticed I-35 was stopped. As I was watching and photographing several accidents in that general area tonight I just figured it was still backed up. But there were no emergency lights. Got my 20x80s and realized there was a fresh accident without emergency help. It was apparent it was a motorcycle. Emergency vehicles finally arrived and are still on the scene and hour later. Interstate has been closed. If I was a guessing man, I would see it was a fatality as the ambulance left slowly without emergency lights.

Here are 3 pics. First one is annotated to show the wreck. The last pick was 45 minutes later as several workers were dealing with the motorcycle. (I never will post blood and guts so do not worry.) I post these accident pics mostly to serve as a lesson to Forum members. (Put your phone away, pay attention, etc...)

www.fortworthview.com

#78 Nitixope

Nitixope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (monee9696 @ Feb 25 2009, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And my fame mounts. (About 2 hours ago I sent them my pics.) Star Telegram. All the pics are mine but of the guy. I guess I need to change the name of this thread to "Pics that may or may not be in the newspaper!"

http://www.star-tele...ry/1224193.html

I like how they credited you as "Special to the Star-Telegram" and had a link to your Flickr set.

#79 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (Papaw @ Jan 1 2009, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Happy New Year

Took your advise. (5D MK II) and ISO range is amazing. To like 24k ! YO.

Took this shot last night. (this morning) at 2:15 am. The cops were way excited about something. Besides 6 cop cars, there were like 25 bike cops or security. Who knows the diff. So many handcuffs were used down here on Houston Street that my compass started pointing East. newlaugh.gif I took 40 pictures and 4 HD videos. (Another night like last night and I am going to have to spring for that 64gig chip for my camera...)

www.fortworthview.com

#80 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:14 PM

There was a fire this morning at the Cotton Depot apartments on the East end of Downtown. It was at 9:30 and I was at work. Mrs. monee9696 was at home sick and called me. I told her she must grab my camera gear and get to work. It was like the pilot of an airplane dying and the tower talking a plumber down safely. A. Grab the camera carefully. B. Remove the wide angle lens by... C. install the 70-200 by... D. Change the ISO to... E. Get out on the balcony (She doesn't do that) and start shooting. E. Check your altitude and pull up on the stick. (whoops wrong scenario.) She did a pretty good job. Here they are. The best three.

Flames showing

www.fortworthview.com

#81 Lori

Lori

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:49 AM

I really enjoy your photography, but having looked through the pictures on here from January to now...I will NEVER stay at the Omni Hotel, I noticed in at least one photo that you guys can see RIGHT into the rooms!

Great job with the pictures, and good for you, getting the wife to go out on the balcony, I am sure I wouldn't have done it.

#82 360texas

360texas

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Interests:Digital photography, computers since 1980, Panorama imaging, world travel. After 37 years retired Federal Service 1999.

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:58 AM

Yes, great view of building with the fire. UGGGgggg is that a fireman up on a multi storied building with no roof hand rails or fall protection. The hair on the back of my neck just raise up.

At least the fire truck ladder is able to reach to the roof top.

Dave still at

360texas45x145.png
Visit 360texas.com

#83 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:42 PM

At 8pm this evening there was a small fire in the elevator shaft (electrical) of the Star Telegram Building. The most emergency equipment in one spot I have ever seen. I didn't know I owned that much equipment. Story has it that any confirmed high rise fire, or even smoke, brings in multi-alarms and extra equipment. Here are some shots from the ground, the Tower Parking garage and the 25th floor in the Tower. (Friends place) Take a peek.

www.fortworthview.com

#84 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts
  • Interests:Restaurants. Golf. Garlic. FIESTA. Beer ME.

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:21 PM

Saw that earlier before dinner in downtown. I noticed the BOMB SQUAD truck pullin in along Taylor St. Exciting stuff.

But I hope no one was hurt or even worse, became a SOONER. biggrin.gif

Great shots. As always.
COWTOWN! Get your TIP ON!
www.iheartfw.com

#85 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE (safly @ May 4 2009, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Saw that earlier before dinner in downtown. I noticed the BOMB SQUAD truck pullin in along Taylor St. Exciting stuff.

But I hope no one was hurt or even worse, became a SOONER. biggrin.gif

Great shots. As always.

When you drove by that Bomb Squad Unit did you see a handsome, distinguished looking man with a camera?
(no, I didn't either)

But I will have to say, even more disturbing than seeing the Bomb Squad was what I saw around the corner.
I couldn't believe my eyes... apparently the Fort Worth Firefighters Union won't let them even start fighting the fires without being paid first! madgo.gif

www.fortworthview.com

#86 Papaw

Papaw

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:32 AM

Great shots. The exposure is so perfect you wouldn't ever guess 3200 ISO was used.

#87 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (Lori @ Apr 30 2009, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really enjoy your photography, but having looked through the pictures on here from January to now...I will NEVER stay at the Omni Hotel, I noticed in at least one photo that you guys can see RIGHT into the rooms!

Those are the condos, not the hotel rooms. You can see into them because they aren't finished and there aren't blinds and curtains up yet.

#88 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (Papaw @ May 5 2009, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great shots. The exposure is so perfect you wouldn't ever guess 3200 ISO was used.

Thanks Papaw. (What's a flash?) This new full-frame is pretty sensitive. BTW, I don't even own a flash anymore . Inside I use my 50 1.2 or my 70-200 2.8 with IS.

And even though the Star Telegram had plenty of photographers on hand, look at the credit for for these pics! tongue.gif

http://www.star-tele...ry/1357191.html
www.fortworthview.com

#89 360texas

360texas

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:00 AM

Thats GREAT Monee9696.

Whats the going rate for "ACTION" imaging from the 34th floor ?

Hope its enough to pay off the camera.

Dave still at

360texas45x145.png
Visit 360texas.com

#90 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (360texas @ May 5 2009, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats GREAT Monee9696.

Whats the going rate for "ACTION" imaging from the 34th floor ?

Hope its enough to pay off the camera.

As far as what I tell my wife it is about break-even! newlaugh.gif

In reality I have never made a penny. (or anticipate making a penny, unless I can get that UFO to land on top of the Christmas Tree in Sundance Square.)

www.fortworthview.com

#91 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:12 PM

Saturday afternoon accident on 280 coming into downtown.

www.fortworthview.com

#92 lens314

lens314

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Airplanes, Cars, Computers, LEGO

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:32 PM

I drove from North FW to Aledo, then to McKinney and back to North FW on Saturday, there where A LOT of wrecks, im guessing the rain. I saw at least a half dozen, probably more.
-Doug

#93 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:19 PM

I have not posted much here since I broke my new camera. But life must go on. Grabbed the wife's Kodak and took this shot. Now and then I see a big fire some place and then wonder what the heck it was. (And yes, if I had my full frame Canon and 400 5.6L I might know)
I looked around on KRLD and WFAA etc... looking for my answer. Could not find it. There was another big condo fire in N.E. Dallas yesterday but this seems to be in Arlington, best guess. Could just be a car fire and not made the news I guess, but a lot of smoke for 30 minutes. (I guess a few burning tires could account for that.) Take a look.

www.fortworthview.com

#94 cbellomy

cbellomy

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:45 PM

That smoke makes me think they had a fire drill at the old Naval Air Station. I'm not sure if the line is quite right for that, though.

#95 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (monee9696 @ Jul 19 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have not posted much here since I broke my new camera. But life must go on. Grabbed the wife's Kodak and took this shot. Now and then I see a big fire some place and then wonder what the heck it was. (And yes, if I had my full frame Canon and 400 5.6L I might know)
I looked around on KRLD and WFAA etc... looking for my answer. Could not find it. There was another big condo fire in N.E. Dallas yesterday but this seems to be in Arlington, best guess. Could just be a car fire and not made the news I guess, but a lot of smoke for 30 minutes. (I guess a few burning tires could account for that.) Take a look.

Notice that pyramid building on the right hand side of this shot?

That's Here

Now zoom out and notice where the stadium is...

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#96 longhornz32

longhornz32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Architect, photography, woodworking, jazz, guitar/bass/saxophone, sculpture.

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:14 AM

Notice that pyramid building on the right hand side of this shot?

I think that's officially the ugliest building in DFW. When I moved to this area years ago my friend, that I was going to meet for lunch, worked in that building. His directions to me were "Go West on 30 to Arlington and I'm in suite #@@@ in the ugliest building you can see from the interstate."

I had no trouble finding him.

#97 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:16 AM

Nice Google image of the stadium. Interesting to see sitting in Arlington.

I only wish I could see it from my perch. But it is just behind the Carter Burgess building for me. It is JUST behind that building, so it is possible that you (David) can see the stadium from your place as your place is 30' North of my place. A real shame for me. Of course I can easily see Texas Stadium, even without optics. (Besides those glasses on my face anyway.)

I got my new Telescope last night. (Putting it all together right now.) Have a new camera adapter for this one on the way in case I ever get my camera out of the repair shop.
www.fortworthview.com

#98 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:04 PM

I got my Scope mounted today. I am very happy with it. Waiting on my camera adapter for some good distant shots. (And of course my camera to come out of the repair center.)

This is a Refractor scope. A big one. (6") My others have been Schmidt-Cassigrain (Fancy mirrors allow them to be fat and short. Not unlike my mother-in-law.)
Refractors have a sharper image if you give it light. (Objective lens size dictates its light gathering ability.) I am going to get great shots with this scope. Will be my best scope for the Moon and Planets. And shots of Dallas etc...

You might think I am plotting my course for a big comparison between this scope, my 10" Schmidt-Casigraing and my Canon 400mm or 400mm plus 2X. And you would be right. I want to now the true beast in my Fort Worth Optics nest. (I have some huge binoculars but cannot attach a camera to them. But they cannot be as good as this scope as they are also Refractors, just much smaller. (80mm) Heavy enough where my wife can't lift them. Perfect.

www.fortworthview.com

#99 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:57 PM

Okay, I'm officially jealous. rollwink.gif

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to see the lights from the stadium, think it's mostly obscured due to a slight depression, at least from my vantage point anyway. Will know for sure 21 and 27 August for the Tennessee and San Francisco games.

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#100 Papaw

Papaw

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:43 AM

Beautiful scope. I guess it has the capability of moving with time. I didn't realize just how fast a planet or the moon moved until my first telescope - a much cheaper Meade model.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users