#51 courtnie

courtnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:History, Historic Preservation, Art, Antiques

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:18 AM

I know the owner of Margies and have known him since I was a baby. He also owns several other joints in town. Margies is still pretty good but not what it was. I use to go to Sardines alot till they got a really bad heath review and got shut down. They had great cheese sticks. I havent been back in a while. My personal favorite and im sure everyone will make fun of me is Olive Garden. Im not much of a meat eater and I dont like when they trick up the alfredo sauce. Just plain jane for me and im happy. I also liked the Italian inn as well but again if they trick up the sauce i dont like it!!

#52 learsfool

learsfool

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Atomic Glee @ Jun 9 2008, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (txsloth @ Jun 8 2008, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe I'm missing out, but I just can't order pizza at restaurants like this--so many other interesting menu items & Rocco's is just a phone call away!

I don't know - the pizza at Taverna is also interesting, and darn tasty. I love the pear & gorgonzola pizza there.

The pizza at Taverna is done in a very traditional Italian style wood-fired pizza oven, so if you have never had that before, you should check it out. Sometimes they are done in brick ovens as well - those puppies can get up to 600 degrees, I believe, and they produce a crust that you just can't duplicate in any other fashion, unless you build your own.

#53 txsloth

txsloth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE (learsfool @ Jun 9 2008, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Atomic Glee @ Jun 9 2008, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (txsloth @ Jun 8 2008, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe I'm missing out, but I just can't order pizza at restaurants like this--so many other interesting menu items & Rocco's is just a phone call away!

I don't know - the pizza at Taverna is also interesting, and darn tasty. I love the pear & gorgonzola pizza there.

The pizza at Taverna is done in a very traditional Italian style wood-fired pizza oven, so if you have never had that before, you should check it out. Sometimes they are done in brick ovens as well - those puppies can get up to 600 degrees, I believe, and they produce a crust that you just can't duplicate in any other fashion, unless you build your own.

Rocco's uses a 7000 lb. brick wood-fired oven -- their crust is excellent -- check it out!

#54 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts
  • Interests:Restaurants. Golf. Garlic. FIESTA. Beer ME.

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:16 PM

Planet ZOLON had a wood fired brick oven too, and their crust was INSANE!

Where is this ROCCO'S?
COWTOWN! Get your TIP ON!
www.iheartfw.com

#55 txsloth

txsloth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (safly @ Jun 10 2008, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Planet ZOLON had a wood fired brick oven too, and their crust was INSANE!

Where is this ROCCO'S?

www.roccosfortworth.com

Located next to Szechuan off Camp Bowie. They only have delivery (to limited zip codes) & take out, but their next-door-neigbhor just moved out and I have my fingers crossed that they'll expand and have dine-in too.

#56 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts
  • Interests:Restaurants. Golf. Garlic. FIESTA. Beer ME.

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:13 PM

Great! I know where that Szechuan is, easy to find. Thanks!
COWTOWN! Get your TIP ON!
www.iheartfw.com

#57 mmiller2002

mmiller2002

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Interests:Born 1959
    HS Grad 1977
    1982 BSEE Penn State

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:00 PM

Any recent Fortuna experiences? We've never been there. Love Piola, and tried the re-born Aventino's a couple weeks ago.

#58 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

None worthy of mentioning...

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#59 CleanBarber.com

CleanBarber.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

The chicken canaloni at Zio's by Western Center Blvd. is very good. Check out my favorites at Yelp.com for good eats and where to stay away from -Sorry the Barber.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users