Photo
- - - - -

Old stone building NW of Long Ave. & Beach Street.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stoutimore

stoutimore

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 09:21 AM

There's an old stone building northwest of the intersection of Long Avenue and Beach Street. It's at MAPSCO 50-S, south of where the UP railroad tracks cross the Long/Beach intersection at a 45 degree angle (southwest/northeast). You must be westbound on Long to see it, and even then it's largely obscured by weeds. It's obviously abandoned. What is it?

#2 texastrill

texastrill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 09:33 AM

Ive always wondered about it too.I remember a long while back it was abandoned and there was a "rave" type party going on there.I also wondered about the pile of dirt on either side of the tracks,like a bridge is going to be built above the tracks.I wish they would.That part of the road is rough on my tires!
T E X A S T R I L L - G O C O W B O Y S

#3 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:32 PM

Are you talking about this one?
Www.fortwortharchitecture.com

#4 stoutimore

stoutimore

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 05:06 PM

Yes, that's it! (I incorrectly said it was on the SOUTH side of the UP tracks. I was going from TAD maps; but you have the real thing). I agree with TexasTrill on the separating road there (on Long)--there were obviously big plans for an overpass or something that never materialized, sort of like the "bridge to nowhere" that we read of in the news. Thanks for replying. What was it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users