T E X A S T R I L L - G O C O W B O Y S

#202 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 02:27 PM

I really love this building. (907 Houston St.) A real classic.
Wish that was my Corvette parked in front of it!

www.fortworthview.com

#203 whitetino

whitetino

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (Scott Dorn @ Nov 9 2006, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is aview from the Fort Worth Convention Center

I heard somewhere that the building on the bottom right was the last place JFK had spent the night before he went to Dallas... Im not sure how true it is though.

#204 whitetino

whitetino

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:33 PM

I found this photo taken by "jrodp50" thought it looked cool. When i get a digital camera, Ill be taking my own...

#205 360texas

360texas

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Interests:Digital photography, computers since 1980, Panorama imaging, world travel. After 37 years retired Federal Service 1999.

Posted 15 February 2008 - 05:09 PM

Yes, someday I need to take a flight and take some images of downtown.... sounds like an interesting trek. With a bit of photoshop rendering ... here is what I probably would see.

Dave still at

360texas45x145.png
Visit 360texas.com

#206 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (whitetino @ Feb 15 2008, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Scott Dorn @ Nov 9 2006, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is aview from the Fort Worth Convention Center

I heard somewhere that the building on the bottom right was the last place JFK had spent the night before he went to Dallas... Im not sure how true it is though.

Is definitely true. (Was Hotel Texas, I believe) Gave his last speech outside in the rain. Slept on the 8Th floor because SS said presidential suite was too hard to secure. (And had threats already)
www.fortworthview.com

#207 whitetino

whitetino

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 05:40 PM

Ahh, nice n clear now...

#208 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 06:48 PM

This evening sitting on my balcony after a rainy day, the sun came out. Really like the clean air mixed with evening sunlight. (Cue the rainbow!)

www.fortworthview.com

#209 ramjet

ramjet

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:26 PM

Looks like that puts a pot 'o gold somewhere on East Lancaster! (Really nice pics once again, btw...)

#210 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:14 AM

This last weekend had some nice pretty skys. Pics from Saturday and Sunday, including Sunday morning.
Morning pic shows Jupiter over Fort Worth Convention Center. (Warning, this may be bandwidth abuse.)

www.fortworthview.com

#211 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,042 posts
  • Interests:Writing, music, photography, games, sci-fi.

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:22 AM

Heh. My unit is the brightest window in the Sanger Building. smile.gif

- Architecture/urban planning/transit blogger, Fort Worth Weekly

Fort Worth District 9 Zoning Commissioner

#212 DustinAskins

DustinAskins

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 09:55 AM

Hola, new to the forum. I'm enjoying all the insider news here, plus these photos are great. monee9696, love the shots from your vantage point.

I'm into photography a bit and have a few Fort Worth photos to share. I look forward to seeing more from this thread. cool.gif

First up, Bass Towers:

#213 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:31 PM

Saturday Afternoon from Henderson Ave. (First Methodist... what a great church!)

www.fortworthview.com

#214 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:11 AM

Main Street Arts Festival.

The Stage is set! (Monday Morning with several days to go)

www.fortworthview.com

#215 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:36 AM

Friday night as thousands of people gathered in Sundance Square for the concert etc... Hand held shot.

(and new camera and lens... )

[
www.fortworthview.com

#216 Bernd

Bernd

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:18 PM

Wow. I'd buy that postcard.
The future "best blog" in Fort Worth.

#217 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,751 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:35 PM

Monee9696, I'm somewhere in that photograph you took on Friday Night!

#218 Papaw

Papaw

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 02:06 PM

Which camera and lens did you choose?

#219 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (Papaw @ Apr 24 2008, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which camera and lens did you choose?

Was a very tough decision... But the winner was -------

The Canon EOS Rebel XSI (Announced in January and Introduced this month) 12.2 mega pixel, 3" LCD live view screen (Rare on SLR) and the Digix III processor like some of their really expensive cameras.

The lens (My only lens until I decide on my next) is the Canon 10-22 mm EF-S USM. I am loving it. And it is specially made for the bottom end SLR's with the less than 35mm sized optics like the Rebels. (And Nikon D40/D60?D80's etc...)

My next lens will likely be, the Canon 50mm 1.4 or the Canon 60mm (EF-S) macro. Unless some good photo guy with his ears on can recommend a great lens. (Like under $1500. and between 40 and 80mm) I am also wondering if one of these smart folks in the know have an opinion on non-Canon/Nikor lenses like Sigma or Tamron etc...

BTW , I have always bought my cameras and everything else online. No more cameras on-line for me. Got screwed 3 times in a row by these big places out of New York and then found out that Fort Worth Camera on Camp Bowie had everything I was looking at at a similar great price. (Yes, I know I had to pay sales tax... it was way worth it.) That is my new Photo source. (They are not my cousins or friends)

Attached is a pic I took on Saturday (Thus the long row of porto-potties). Took at 10 mm hanging over the 5th floor deck on the Tower. There is distortion in it yes. But I love the effect. (I think there is always distortion around 10mm)

www.fortworthview.com

#220 longhornz32

longhornz32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Architect, photography, woodworking, jazz, guitar/bass/saxophone, sculpture.

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:59 PM

The Canon EOS Rebel XSI (Announced in January and Introduced this month) 12.2 mega pixel, 3" LCD live view screen (Rare on SLR) and the Digix III processor like some of their really expensive cameras.

The lens (My only lens until I decide on my next) is the Canon 10-22 mm EF-S USM. I am loving it. And it is specially made for the bottom end SLR's with the less than 35mm sized optics like the Rebels. (And Nikon D40/D60?D80's etc...)

My next lens will likely be, the Canon 50mm 1.4 or the Canon 60mm (EF-S) macro. Unless some good photo guy with his ears on can recommend a great lens. (Like under $1500. and between 40 and 80mm) I am also wondering if one of these smart folks in the know have an opinion on non-Canon/Nikor lenses like Sigma or Tamron etc...

BTW , I have always bought my cameras and everything else online. No more cameras on-line for me. Got screwed 3 times in a row by these big places out of New York and then found out that Fort Worth Camera on Camp Bowie had everything I was looking at at a similar great price. (Yes, I know I had to pay sales tax... it was way worth it.) That is my new Photo source. (They are not my cousins or friends)

[/quote]

Ahhh I'm jealous. I have the old 300d. The 10-22 EF is my next big purchase. You will love the Canon 50mm 1.4. I rented one from Fort Worth Camera for a trip to New Orleans and honestly it was almost too much for me. The 1.4 gave so much control over depth of field that I should have practiced quite a bit before my trip. For my interests though I found the 50mm was very limiting as most of my vacation pictures consists of buildings. I could never get a wide enough angle to get a whole building in one picture. Therefore my next lens will be the 10-22m. Fort Worth Camera is awesome. I just can't bring myself to spend $600+ on anything I can't hold before I buy. I'm about to go to Europe for 6 weeks and I'm trying anything I can to work in the 10-22mm into my budget. If you know anyone that wants to get rid of theirs let me know.

I have tried different Sigmas and Tamrons but the quality of lens in the upper level Canons combined with IS blows these other brands out of the water.

#221 Papaw

Papaw

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 09:35 PM

Excellent choice of camera and lens. I think the Digix III Processor is the same used in the new MK III with brilliant results and the 10-22 is the reason I kept a 20D as a second body - I wish it would fit my 1DMKIIN as it would make the perfect wide angle on the 1.3 crop.
I usually use B&H on line and have had no problems, and they usually have the best price and of course - no tax. Having said that, Ft Worth Camera is the best local shop and great people to deal with.
If you would like to road test the 60 macro (or a 35L, or 85L) before you buy your next lens just PM me. As mentioned above, the Cannon 50 1.4 is probably the best bang for the buck. The 85L 1.2 is the cream of the crop but $2,000 is a lot for a lens and it can become a little tight on a 1.6 crop.
I have linked to the Canon Forum http://photography-on-the.net/forum/ before but if you are using Canon gear and not familiar with this forum, you are really missing out.

#222 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 12:55 PM

Surely, nobody has ever photographed a Hot Air balloon before, so here it is. (Over the Susan G Komen race this morning)

www.fortworthview.com

#223 360texas

360texas

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Interests:Digital photography, computers since 1980, Panorama imaging, world travel. After 37 years retired Federal Service 1999.

Posted 26 April 2008 - 02:44 PM

Yes, we too have the Canon 10-22mm EFS. It works on our Canon Rebel XT and 20d. However, it will not work on our Canon 5d. So from now on I won't buy any more EFS mount lenses. Only EF lenses.. they fit all 3 of our cameras.

Check the Canon lens specification called MTF [Modulation Transfer Function] it is a good measure of the lens quality. MTF charts are shown on the Canon Website. Essentially the MTF is sharpness and contrast lab test results. The left scale is 0 to 1. The horizonatal axis is the measurement from the center axis of the lens to the outer glass optic rim.

Notice the 2 solid red [sharpness] blue [contrast] lines. What is being measured? The light passing from front to back of the lens and the ability to see 10 lines per millimeter. The dotted lines are seeing a chart with 30 lines per millimeter. [guess thats why the test is done under lab conditions]

Lenses performance rating .8 to 1 are excellent.

Lenses with values .6 to .8 are rated Average.

Knowing a little bit about technical lab performance tests, makes for a better purchasing decision.

Do a little more reading at the Luminous Landscape web page plain talk about technical stuff.

http://luminous-land...nding-mtf.shtml

Dave still at

360texas45x145.png
Visit 360texas.com

#224 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (360texas @ Apr 26 2008, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, we too have the Canon 10-22mm EFS. It works on our Canon Rebel XT and 20d. However, it will not work on our Canon 5d. So from now on I won't buy any more EFS mount lenses. Only EF lenses.. they fit all 3 of our cameras.

Check the Canon lens specification called MTF [Modulation Transfer Function] it is a good measure of the lens quality. MTF charts are shown on the Canon Website. Essentially the MTF is sharpness and contrast lab test results. The left scale is 0 to 1. The horizonatal axis is the measurement from the center axis of the lens to the outer glass optic rim.

Notice the 2 solid red [sharpness] blue [contrast] lines. What is being measured? The light passing from front to back of the lens and the ability to see 10 lines per millimeter. The dotted lines are seeing a chart with 30 lines per millimeter. [guess thats why the test is done under lab conditions]

Lenses performance rating .8 to 1 are excellent.

Lenses with values .6 to .8 are rated Average.

Knowing a little bit about technical lab performance tests, makes for a better purchasing decision.

Do a little more reading at the Luminous Landscape web page plain talk about technical stuff.

http://luminous-land...nding-mtf.shtml

Thank you for the info and link. I am amazed how many photo resources there are out there.

I never quite figured out if an EFS lens was a better match for the Rebel or an EF lens would do me as well. I did figure there was not likely an expensive SLR in my future so I did not have the disadvantage you do with your big boys. I sure do love my 10-22. (Not that I have another lens to compare it to.)

My biggest surprise with my new camera is how sensitive it is. I can take hand held pics in my dark condo without a flash with great results. In fact I love not using the flash. Much prettier picture to me. I still don't know why I have been able to take a pic with a full 1 second exposure, handheld, and it be very clear. (Without an IS lens)... It's witchcraft I tell you.
www.fortworthview.com

#225 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:18 PM

And speaking of the Susan G Komen race, here is a pic of the start of that. (Please do not attempt to adjust your screen, there was a lot of pink down there.) Such a nice event, with so many nice people. Refreshing. A wonderful event. They didn't litter, didn't ride in on loud choppers and were united for a great cause.

www.fortworthview.com

#226 360texas

360texas

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 08:43 AM

Canon EF or EFS lenses, or Nikkor, Sigma etc lenses - no matter. Any lens manufacturer should be able to provide lens MTF information. If the manufacturer does not have a public MTF information.. I would find a creditable lens manufacterer that does before buying the next lens. You really can spend as much for your glass as the cost of the camera (s). So make a wise purchase decision based on as much performance as you can find.

Dave still at

360texas45x145.png
Visit 360texas.com

#227 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:51 PM

Sinclair Building on Main.

Sunday night. I had a bad case of Mustang envy. wub.gif

Transport Life... (XTO, do your magic!)

www.fortworthview.com

#228 360texas

360texas

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:38 AM

While looking through some of our images I ran across this .. might explain the MTF chart in relation to the lens

Measurement begins on the lens center axis... and the curve data is plotted from center to lens outer rim edge.

Dave still at

360texas45x145.png
Visit 360texas.com

#229 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:06 AM

Three recents:

#230 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:24 PM

I have always liked this building. (Star Telegram Building)

www.fortworthview.com

#231 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:30 PM

The first in another series of movies from Sundance Square. A really nice event downtown.

Here they are getting ready to start.

www.fortworthview.com

#232 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:42 AM

And then the cruelest twist of irony. I go to bed with families enjoying a nice outside movie with families gathered and children laughing, and I wake up to workers setting up for Fight Night. The one time I am ashamed of Fort Worth. Let's pay men (and women) to beat each other unconscious.

I do not believe in promoting violence. Violence breeds violence. Let's outlaw it all and evolve from these crude, inhumane unacceptable "Sports". There should be nothing enjoyable about blood or pain. Shame on Sundance Square and all those that support this.

For Fight Night, my wife and I stay at Grandma's farm in Arlington. (We will be watching "The Long, Long Trailer" Lucille Ball/ Desi Arnez.)
In the morning after they wash the blood and vomit off of Sundance Square we will come home.

www.fortworthview.com

#233 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:02 PM

Sunday evening walk. Crazy big building. But interesting.

www.fortworthview.com

#234 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:13 AM

Random photos from yesterday:

#235 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:41 PM

Just before dawn this Saturday Morning. All alone in town.

www.fortworthview.com

#236 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:59 PM

I got a new lens today I have been dreaming of. (Canon 400mm 5.6L)
Here is my first shot off my balcony. It is almost 8pm. They are laying concrete on the highest current floor of the Omni. As I posted too many pics of the Omni as a result of my tour there today (in the commercial OMNI HOTEL thread) I thought one more and I would be locked out of the Forum for excessive bandwidth abuse. (EBA)

So here is pic 1 from my new lens. (which I am WAY happy with) this is 8 blocks away.

www.fortworthview.com

#237 WTx

WTx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Buildings of the 20's - 40's.

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:25 PM

Here are a few I got this evening...

Standard shot from Amon Carter

One from a little different angle.

#238 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:43 AM

WTx, your shot from Amon Carter is fantastic! I would like that wall size in my office. You obviously have a better tripod than I do as mine was blowing around in the wind last night rendering my new lens useless. (Got mine at Target for $39.99 and now I'm thinking I need to shell out at least 150.)

Good stuff!
www.fortworthview.com

#239 WTx

WTx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:09 AM

Thanks! Funny you mention a tripod. My tripod is actually a freebie I got with my video camera 6+ years ago. The reason I went out to take some pictures was to try a new remote trigger cord so I would not shake the camera on long exposures when I hit the button. When I was in San Antonio last week some of my pictures had a shadow effect from the slight movement of the camera when I would hit the button. I think the remote trigger solved the problem. BY the way, I have enjoyed your views from the Tower. Keep it up!!

#240 WTx

WTx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:02 PM

Well, I got the photo bug and went out tonight again...

Lets start with the T&P Lofts.

Downtown from Greenway Park on the levee. I think I like the view from Amon Carter better!

#241 cajunmike

cajunmike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Golf, hunting, geneology

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:00 PM

Thanks for the great shots !
Mike

#242 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:25 PM

The Simpson Building on 8-14-08 at 7:40pm. I love sunlight that gets to a building second or third hand after bouncing off other buildings.
The restoration on this building is a miracle. XTO. God Bless them. I would do volunteer work for them. The City has thousands of examples of magnificent buildings that were "Restored" at one point or another. But went down-hill. Not the XTO buildings. I thought I was going to cry when they bought the Transport Life building. (Cry with Joy) I knew that building would be treated with the respect it deserved. For the "Down on Gas" crowd, think about our big companies in this town. Radio Shack. Pier One. DR Horton. Etc... Without gas money we would be looking at Fort Worth in 1983. And heading South. Tarrant County in general would hardly be recognizable.

P.S. Not an XTO/Chesapeake stockholder. Wasn't smart enough to get on those rockets.

www.fortworthview.com

#243 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:22 PM

I surely don't approve of this kind of thing at all... but curious why this truck has been parked at Barnes & Noble this afternoon.
Surely they're not researching "How to film unsuspecting girls" volume III on their way to Billy Bobs? tongue.gif

www.fortworthview.com

#244 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (monee9696 @ Aug 21 2008, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I surely don't approve of this kind of thing at all... but curious why this truck has been parked at Barnes & Noble this afternoon.
Surely they're not researching "How to film unsuspecting girls" volume III on their way to Billy Bobs? tongue.gif

Yech. I'd say they're probably there at City Streets, if they're actually on that block and not just parked there. City Streets seems like their kind of vapid crowd.

#245 longhornz32

longhornz32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Architect, photography, woodworking, jazz, guitar/bass/saxophone, sculpture.

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:25 PM

I just heard on the news that the Bass bros. looked down and saw the same GGW bus. Needless to say it was gone very soon afterward.

#246 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:59 PM

From my trip to Cisco TX (posted elsewhere) I enjoyed this wall sign discovered when they tore old stucco off of the side of this building.
Guess it had a bit of cocaine in the syrup at that point.

www.fortworthview.com

#247 longhornz32

longhornz32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:49 AM

Sorry to hog up a few posts but I had some time to kill with my camera this weekend and was able to see the Kimbell. It's been too long since I have paid it a visit.

What a delicious building.

How could Renzo get rid of this lawn?

#248 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:12 PM

I really like this corner of Downtown. St. Andrews, Electric Building Etc...

Out in the dark last night. I think the bats recognize me now.

www.fortworthview.com

#249 360texas

360texas

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:10 AM

Morning Monee9696

From your vantage point you should be able to get a really great image set of Ike's smiley face as the storm passes by tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing what a 4" rain does to the downtown area... or how about a 'daytime' time lapse set of Trinity River flood stage "rise crest and fall" near the TCC uncompleted structures and levees at work.

Dave still at

360texas45x145.png
Visit 360texas.com

#250 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (360texas @ Sep 12 2008, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Morning Monee9696

From your vantage point you should be able to get a really great image set of Ike's smiley face as the storm passes by tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing what a 4" rain does to the downtown area... or how about a 'daytime' time lapse set of Trinity River flood stage "rise crest and fall" near the TCC uncompleted structures and levees at work.

Roger that. Ike will not catch me asleep on my watch this weekend. I have turned my living room in the the house of optics in preparation. (you have to know my wife loves that!)
Time series of Trinity over weekend. When I say "I had a good idea" don't say anything.
Great idea.

Not to be a huge dork, but I actually consider this picture I took before sunrise this morning to be my Ike #1 pic. It is actually a tail of Ike in the far Southeast.

www.fortworthview.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users