• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#101 Eric_T

Eric_T

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:28 PM

Although I've never met Johnny Rutherford, I remember watching him win the Indy 500 on TV some years ago. I enjoyed reading his auto-biography, _Lone Star J.R._ He talks about going to North Side High School and his adventures driving in some of the race tracks around the Metroplex in his youth.

Johnny Rutherford would have attended Castleberry High School, but it didn't exist at that time. People in River Oaks and Sansom Park like Rutherford and Bob Schieffer attended North Side High.

By the way, Johnny Rutherford's personal car in the 1970's was a Jensen Interceptor. And i saw him a couple of times at a Nautilus health club on Camp Bowie Blvd at Wellington. One time an ABC sports crew was there taping a segment with him.

Former NBA player, coach, and general manager Mike Dunleavy also worked out at that health club. I think he was with the Houston Rockets at the time and his wife is from Fort Worth so that's why he spent time here.

I'm only saying what I saw. I didn't know these guys.

#102 cincyvid

cincyvid

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:50 PM

Wikipdia entry has been moved to:
http://en.wikipedia....rt_Worth,_Texas

#103 rollerdude

rollerdude

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:45 PM

I mentioned him in another post, but the mention is most appropriate here: Jerry Fuller was born and began his career as a musician in Ft. Worth. He has written many well known songs, including "Young Girl", "It's Up to You", and "Traveling Man" in addition to producing the music of a fairly long list of recording artists. He has a web site that I found quite interesting and informative. One can locate it by simply Googling Jerry Fuller.

#104 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:The city of FORT WORTH

LOWRIDERS

TRUE CLASSICS CAR CLUB

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:04 PM

Has anyone said Dan Jenkins yet?
TRUE CLASSICS CAR CLUB
Fort Worth Texas

United Lowrider Council

#105 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

Surrounding Cities Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:27 PM

Might be good to merge this and the other thread on famous people.

I found a quote mentioning a doctor who might should be on the list, if we knew who he or she was...?

"In Fort Worth, Texas there is a drug clinic which takes people off the streets and helps them get over bad LSD trips. They don't use any traditional medical treatment whatsoever. All they do is play the patient our Smiley Smile album and apparently this acts as a soothing remedy which relaxes them and helps them to recover completely from their trip." Carl Wilson, (1970)

#106 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:26 PM

This interesting opinion piece by Don Woodard Sr. appeared in the Fort Worth Business Press recently.   Woodard shares his memories of Jim Wright.  During the period of 1950s to 1970s he rose from being mayor of Weatherford to U.S. congressman, and House Speaker.  Though not a Fort Worth native, Wright is best known for representing our city in Congress.

http://www.fortworth...0e37d20082.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users