4 replies to this topic

#1 beverly

beverly

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 07:15 PM

Can anyone tell me if the Sinclair Building is still up for sale? Just curious.
What buildings in downtown Ft. Worth are empty and for sale? I check the commercial web sites for sales and searches but I thought someone may have information in their hip pocket pertaining to commercial buildings for sale?
Beverly

#2 DJASONMILLER

DJASONMILLER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, Sailing, Exotic cars, Aviation, My family, Travel<br />My Personal website www.jasonmiller.com

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE(beverly @ Apr 12 2006, 08:15 PM) View Post

Can anyone tell me if the Sinclair Building is still up for sale? Just curious.
What buildings in downtown Ft. Worth are empty and for sale? I check the commercial web sites for sales and searches but I thought someone may have information in their hip pocket pertaining to commercial buildings for sale?
Beverly

The Sinclair is sold, Myself and a partner have an offer in on it if it falls through but it doesnt look as if it is. I am told they have many other offers including one cash offer.

I do know of another historic building for sale that hasnt been listed yet, I am putting together an offer at the present time with my partner (Robert Bell), if you might be interested in joining us feel free to PM me.

Thanks
Jason Miller
Let me help you with your Real Estate needs
Jason Miller
Coldwell Banker
817-437-7878

#3 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts
  • Interests:Restaurants. Golf. Garlic. FIESTA. Beer ME.

Posted 18 April 2006 - 04:40 PM

Yeah, I heard too that some cash offers ($6.45 million?) were sent their way, from an ENERGY GROUP out of St. Louis in particular. Owners pondering.

More money than God these people have.

They want to bridge a catwalk across 5th? street and develop the parking lot across there, which the Sinclair owners will have. More retail facing Main and 5th?, and multi level parking.

Building was listed at $7million at one time. Just about that much was put in for improvements and maintenance. Very nice building.
COWTOWN! Get your TIP ON!
www.iheartfw.com

#4 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:36 PM

An Urban CVS Pharmacy for Downtown.  How did this exciting news get by us?

https://www.dfwi.org...ll-be-different

(Oh, it was posted under the "Sinclair Building is Sold"). :unsure:

#5 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:56 PM

Again, not a rebuttal to anything you said, IMO, the emphasis being placed on competing with Dallas for businesses needing office space is going to be daunting. Fort Worth doesn't have an available pipeline of speculative new, cutting edge office space that businesses will be demanding. 

It seems that 1 or 2 realty groups control the Downtown Market.  Until Downtown becomes less of a monopolistic district and more open to where speculators like Jetta can come in with the willingness to build 21st Century office spaces,  there will be a revolving door through which office space will be largely under the management of Sundance....

To a VERY large degree your correct in this statement, while I don't know I would say it is those two families/companies, but one of the biggest differences between Dallas and Ft Worth when it comes to land is in Dallas, everything has a price and at the end of the day, usually a reasonable one depending on what your buying. Ft Worth on the other hand is much the opposite, land in downtown and even surrounding areas in many cases have been in families for generations and many times quite frankly .... there is no price, or at least sensible price. I remember looking at a nice piece 5 years or so back about 2 acres vacant, hasn't been anything on it in decades and when we approached the owners, "not for sale" I mentioned, "everything has a price", the guy looked at me quizzically and said well, that's true, but I don't think your going to be willing to pay 10 mil for it and that's what it would take. D vs FW .... totally different worlds when it comes to buying land and doing developments.

Your impression about Downtown is both eye opening and confirming. 

(1) Why Fort Worth land is held to be so pricey in comparison to Dallas does not seem to make sense; and

(2)  it is confirming that land in Downtown is too concentrated in the hands of a few. 

Those with the holdings are apparently not very interested in growth, but rather holding on to their parcel of land for whatever reason.  IMO, land in Downtown Fort Worth should be available at similar pricing in Dallas. These landholders have hampered a building boom that other Texas cities have now experienced twice over the last 4 decades. 

At last, a Fort Worth boom seems to be surfacing and our frustration is coming to an end.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users