3 replies to this topic

#1 djold1

djold1

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:16 AM

I had some time yesterday so I spent a few minutes updating my Fort Worth & North Texas Website.

There are several new maps, some additional images including the NTT Interurban and streetcar lines, some new railroad information and other Fort Worth related additions.

I finally got a few captions in place and improved some of the images and placement. It's still pretty raggedy, but some of you might find it interesting...

Fort Worth & North Texas

One note: As has been mentioned previously, many of the maps are hard to see in any detail. There's not much I can do about it since they are the very large hi-res images that use with the AMoT CDROM and my large format printed maps.

Also, some of you might be interested in Fort Worth's Oakwood Cemetery website. This is a work in progress. It's a beautiful place with some great views of downtown Fort Worth. Oakwood will be at the very north end of the Trinity River Vision project when it is completed.

Pete Charlton

Pete Charlton
The Fort Worth Gazette blog
The Lost Antique Maps of Fort Worth on CDROM
Large format reproductions of original antique and vintage Texas & southwestern maps

#2 seurto

seurto

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Interests:FW, TX, history, cooking, party planning/giving (Par-Tays Plus), vino! My dogs, chickens and duck!

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:46 AM

It's been a long time since I've been to Oakwood, but may have to plan a day to go again. Thanks for the link; the map will be very helpful. I'm a little spooked by the line "There's a special place in history awaiting you..." rotflmao.gif

#3 djold1

djold1

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:43 AM

"There's a special place in history awaiting you..."

Seurto..

Look at it this way:

If you chose one of the less lovely & more industrial places in the area then an appropriate description might be:

"There's a 144 cubic foot hole in an historically barren, flat treeless field awaiting you"

Is that better? biggrin.gif

Pete Charlton
The Fort Worth Gazette blog
The Lost Antique Maps of Fort Worth on CDROM
Large format reproductions of original antique and vintage Texas & southwestern maps

#4 seurto

seurto

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Interests:FW, TX, history, cooking, party planning/giving (Par-Tays Plus), vino! My dogs, chickens and duck!

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:26 AM

Certainly I would PREFER a nice historic spot, but it's the part about it "waiting" for me that got me a little spooked happy.gif . Actually, the place that really is waiting for me is out in the very barren, very boring Laurel Land off Crowley Rd. Absolutely not my first (second or third choice) but when my husband died somewhat suddenly, we did the best we could. tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users