6 replies to this topic

#1 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 04:19 PM

What's become of the old mansion??? Anyone know?? When I returned to FW after not seeing the city for 10 years, I was impessed with what had occured downtown, but it was Hulen St. that was the most changed part of town to me. I remember driving down Hulen from I-30 in the early/mid 80's with my mom on a business trip to FW to see the infamous mansion. I was about 14 y/o but I can remember vividly what the street look liked. I'm still amazed at how the street has changed. It's still the most changed innercity street in FW to me. Has the mansion been empty since that horrible restuarant concept.??

#2 hooked

hooked

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 04:27 PM

See the "Infamous Fort Worth Locations" thread. Last time I was by there (about nine months ago), it was a church.

#3 johnlp

johnlp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE(vjackson @ Mar 21 2006, 04:19 PM) View Post

What's become of the old mansion??? Anyone know??

It is now a church. The last time i was in it, it was a resturant. The time before was a month prior to the shootings (the summer of 76). I was a friend of Andrea Wilborn.

#4 bailey

bailey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE(johnlp @ Mar 21 2006, 04:29 PM) View Post

It is now a church. The last time i was in it, it was a resturant. The time before was a month prior to the shootings (the summer of 76). I was a friend of Andrea Wilborn.

It's so surrounded by apartments and other construction, you can barely see it from Hulen anymore if at all. I think I read some of the apartments were converted to low income housing replacing the units that were torn down when they built the new Radio Shack building. Last time I was there, it was a restaurant.

#5 JulieM

JulieM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE(johnlp @ Mar 21 2006, 04:29 PM) View Post

Do you know what has happened to Jackie, Andrea's older brother? I've heard he has fallen on really hard times.

#6 DrkLts

DrkLts

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE(hooked @ Mar 21 2006, 04:27 PM) View Post

See the "Infamous Fort Worth Locations" thread. Last time I was by there (about nine months ago), it was a church.

They made a church where a famous murder took place? blink.gif
What kinda cult made it a church???
devil.gif

#7 hooked

hooked

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 08:56 AM

Lance McCune, pastor of the Faith and Power Church, helped organize relief efforts in the Fort Worth area after hurricane Katrina. Sounds like the kind of cult that believes in helping the homeless.

I think Bob Ray Sanders had a column about his work not too long ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users