6 replies to this topic

#1 Liz

Liz

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 01:09 PM

I am trying to find the original location of the Coca-Cola Bottling Company in Fort Worth. I'm not sure that it was called that originally - but I do know for certain that it opened in 1906 in Fort Worth. Does anyone know where that structure was located, if it is still standing today, and on a secondary note, what day it actually opened in 1906?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!!
Liz

#2 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 01:48 PM

My wife's grandmother retired from Coca Cola and I've heard her talk about working in a building on Hattie before they moved out to the Fossil Creek area. I don't know if that helps, but it was just something I remembered.

#3 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 02:00 PM

I bet you could look up the address in a 1906 or 1907 city directory at the local history section of the Fort Worth Public Library.
Www.fortwortharchitecture.com

#4 johnlp

johnlp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 03:26 PM

I thought it was at Hatti and S. Main or Hatti and Hemphill....or maybe Hatti and Jennings...smile.gif

#5 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,666 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:38 PM

Coca-Cola Bottling Company was located on the southwest corner of Hattie and S. Main. Pennsylvania has now been connected through, so the street name has now been changed. The building is still there, only it has been covered over with a metal facade. According to the Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps, the building has a cast iron structure, so the 1906 date is certainly feasible.

#6 Liz

Liz

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE(John T Roberts @ Feb 9 2006, 07:38 PM) View Post

Coca-Cola Bottling Company was located on the southwest corner of Hattie and S. Main. Pennsylvania has now been connected through, so the street name has now been changed. The building is still there, only it has been covered over with a metal facade. According to the Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps, the building has a cast iron structure, so the 1906 date is certainly feasible.

Oh my gosh, that helps sooo much! Now if I can find what day the plant really opened I'm set! Thank you again - everyone who has replied has helped a bunch and I really appreciate it!
Liz

#7 Funkdoobiest

Funkdoobiest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:16 AM

Yeah, my mom and dad confirmed that it was on south Main and that they thought it was still there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users