12 replies to this topic

#1 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 01:41 AM

The old gym at St. Mary's in Fort Worth South is planned to be renovated into loft apartments. Not much info is available yet, but there is a rendering showing the redesign. The design is being handled by Ames Fender, and is a radical makeover for the building. Here's a low-res rendering - hope to have a high-res one soon:

Posted Image

--

Kara B.

#2 AdamB

AdamB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Living in the city

Posted 21 December 2006 - 11:25 AM

Wow... that is interesting to say the least.

#3 jmilam

jmilam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 11:51 AM

I wonder if you get a wood floor with a basketball foul line painted on it.... smile.gif

#4 DrkLts

DrkLts

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:45 PM

interesting

#5 fwnative54

fwnative54

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:44 PM

I attended St. Mary's school from 1961-69. Played many basketball games in that gym. I think the church was still using the gym up till about a year ago, it was called St. Mary's Hall. Lot of history in that gym. I'm happy to see it being renovated to a good use. The last time I was inside the building, about 1 year ago, it was in pretty sad shape.

#6 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 21 December 2006 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE(jmilam @ Dec 21 2006, 11:51 AM) View Post

I wonder if you get a wood floor with a basketball foul line painted on it.... smile.gif

One of my favorite sayings…. “what a waste of perfectly good wood.” I did find a place near Dallas that sold reclaimed court wood.

I think we’ll be seeing more and more loft conversions; the cost to convert can’t be beat and I’m sure a good number are tired of the 9 x 9 and 12 x 12 standard sets of boxes, all arranged in the same predictable patterns.

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#7 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE(David Love @ Dec 22 2006, 01:23 AM) View Post

I think we’ll be seeing more and more loft conversions; the cost to convert can’t be beat and I’m sure a good number are tired of the 9 x 9 and 12 x 12 standard sets of boxes, all arranged in the same predictable patterns.

I hope to see more on the southside. There are so many vacant and industrial structures that could be utilized for some really cool, unique conversions.

#8 texastrill

texastrill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 08:53 AM

Man,the memories I have there go back a while.Weddings,fifteens,birthday parties.I only know it as St.Mary's Hall,glad something is being done.Hope the n'hood shapes up though.A few times we were there partying,someone got their car broken in to.
T E X A S T R I L L - G O C O W B O Y S

#9 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:57 PM

Two better-quality renderings:

IPB Image

IPB Image

--

Kara B.

#10 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:58 PM

Those large, horizontal panels on the right side of each loft is actually a garage door for a small (I assume one-car) garage. I talked to the developer the other day and I understand that these might go more in a mixed-use direction with less lofts than originally conceived and the addition of some commercial spaces.
Www.fortwortharchitecture.com

#11 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:38 PM

Lofts of St. Mary's is still a go, and is going to be half office space and half live/work lofts. New rendering:

--

Kara B.

#12 bhudson

bhudson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

Was wandering around Magnolia last night. I didn't see any signage indicating what the final result will be, but work has started. Partial demo of walls and such, from what I could tell.

#13 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

I'm not sure what it's going to be, but it's all owned by the same guy who owns the rest of the block now (including the buildings that Live Oak, Ryan's, Brewed, etc. are in).  Whatever it is, the plans are definitely different from the old days.

--

Kara B.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users