707 replies to this topic

#1 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 11:26 PM

I'm hearing rumors now that Ken Schaumburg has sold his "Left Bank" property on the west bank of the Trinity off 7th to N3 Capital, and a project is in the planning (being led by Crescent Real Estate ex-CEO Jerry Crenshaw) that would be a $3.5 billion upscale development.

That is literally all I've heard, so take it with a huge grain of salt.

--

Kara B.

#2 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:57 PM

Also heard the deal went for between 80 and 82 million dollars. Again, grain of salt and all that.

--

Kara B.

#3 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Swimming, Soccer, Spanish

Posted 26 August 2007 - 12:10 AM

Grain of salt or no, $3.5 billion would make it more expensive than Victory. eek.gif

#4 AdamB

AdamB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Living in the city

Posted 26 August 2007 - 05:19 PM

3.5 is A LOT of bones....

#5 hannerhan

hannerhan

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:17 AM

Am I nuts, or does $3.5 bln seem WAY too high for that amount of land? You could build a small city for that (or 3 of the new Cowboys stadiums).

Does anyone know exactly how many acres we're talking about? I didn't think it was all contiguous either...maybe they've been able to acquire more land along with this.

Even if it's $350 million, this would still be a continuation of the move in the right direction for West 7th.

#6 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,363 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:40 PM

On April 9th, the FW Weekly had an article on Schaumburg selling the property and the dreams that didn't materialize. Here's the link:

http://www.fwweekly....sp?article=6843

#7 guest

• Guests

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:12 PM

Sounds more like a good "three stooges" episode.

#8 redhead

redhead

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:51 PM

Anyone know of any other Ousley projects? His name is familiar, but I can't place it...

#9 dustin

dustin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:20 PM

what does chesapeake plan on doing with that land i wonder?

#10 redhead

redhead

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:13 AM

drill site more than likely---great access to downtown, and I understand that the Bass family has already made a deal with Chesapeake.

#11 Bart

Bart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:04 PM

Buying up a bit more of that area . . .

Baker & Jares: Chesapeake subsidiary adds to holdings off Seventh St.

Tarrant FW Properties, a partnership of NCL Midstream Corp. in Oklahoma City and a subsidiary of Chesapeake Energy, has added more land to its holdings between Montgomery Plaza and the Trinity River and now has more than 30 acres off West Seventh Street on the near west side of Fort Worth.
The company has bought the Bankston Collision Center at 2400 W. Seventh, just east of Montgomery Plaza. The property, just over 4 acres, was sold by Hillard Auto Group, according to deed records.

Chesapeake assembled 26.74 acres last year in various parcels adjacent to the recent sale. All the land is north of West Seventh and just east of Montgomery Plaza. It includes parcels along Stayton and Sixth streets, and between Fifth Street on the south, Kansas Street on the north, Harold Street on the west and Greenleaf Street on the east.

A manager with Hillard Auto Group said the collision center must be out of the property by December. He referred further questions to the owner, AutoNation, but a spokesman at its Fort Lauderdale, Fla., headquarters did not respond to a request for information about the deal.

— Sandra Baker

#12 Thurman52

Thurman52

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:08 PM

Demolition of a few buildings have begun this week. Still no plans?

#13 Thurman52

Thurman52

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:42 AM

Area looks much better w/o that metal Hillard building. MW plaza looks good headed west on 7th street. I wonder if they will re-align Stayton/Muesum Way now that Hillard is gone. That intersection confuses many people

#14 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:52 AM

This is really odd - I haven't heard one word about what Chesapeake is doing with the property. Surely they're not going to try to put a gas rig right on 7th - they own so much land there that they could drill at the back and reach the 7th street properties easily. So, why are they demolishing everything?

--

Kara B.

#15 hannerhan

hannerhan

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

I hear that the Chesapeake property is about to trade and that there will be a very large multi-phase project led by a major blue chip Houston developer ramping up in the near future.

#16 Russ Graham

Russ Graham

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

Interesting, that's good news.  I guess it will remain a mystery what Chesapeake had in mind when they bought that block of land.  If you get any more details be sure and let us know!

#17 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

What area is this land exactly?

#18 ron4Life

ron4Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

What area is this land exactly?

I'm with Austin on this one

#19 Russ Graham

Russ Graham

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

Chesapeake assembled 26.74 acres last year in various parcels adjacent to the recent sale. All the land is north of West Seventh and just east of Montgomery Plaza. It includes parcels along Stayton and Sixth streets, and between Fifth Street on the south, Kansas Street on the north, Harold Street on the west and Greenleaf Street on the east.

you can see some more info on the Ft Worth zoning map tool here  (takes a minute to load)

I think this includes the big open area where the 7th street bridge spans are being assembled.

#20 dfwerdoc

dfwerdoc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:hockey, cars, architecture, photography, everything and anything apple, medicine.

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

heard that the developer paid 28 per square feet and that whole foods is looking at building there 

#21 Thurman52

Thurman52

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

Would they be giving up on the Edwards ranch location?

#22 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

heard that the developer paid 28 per square feet and that whole foods is looking at building there 

This is going to be a huge hype machine on the boards if true. Whole foods is known for bieng urban friendly.

2007_0207_wholefoods.jpg

wholefoods.jpg

It'd be cool to see more urban whole foods in FW to, like DT or Magnolia. 

#23 dfwerdoc

dfwerdoc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:hockey, cars, architecture, photography, everything and anything apple, medicine.

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

nothing is confirmed, but yes they're deciding between the two spots. on the left bank they would be busy from day one from all the apartments on west 7th and people living in downtown 

#24 hannerhan

hannerhan

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

I hear that the Chesapeake property is about to trade and that there will be a very large multi-phase project led by a major blue chip Houston developer ramping up in the near future.

It's official: http://fwbusinesspre...ArticleID=25784

#25 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

And in the Star-Telegram: Developer plans hotel, apartments, shops and offices just off West Seventh

#26 wfsmith10

wfsmith10

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

I really hope so, Edwards Ranch and other Southwest Parkway developments are such a waste of space. W7th would be absolutely perfect for whole foods. 

#27 cberen1

cberen1

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

For me, this is the most exciting project on the drawing board right now.  That whole area has some really nice natural borders (River, Lancaster, University and White Settlement) and, ideally, well-monied development would extend to all of the borders. This project is a critical piece in completing the area.

- The left bank seals up development from the center of the area to its eastern border, the river, completing the majority of the Northeast quadrant.

- The SO7 development and surrounding projects mostly have the Southeast quadrant developed all the way to the park on the east and Lancaster to the South.  Please, dear God, someone buy Caliber Collision and reredevelop that horrible wart in the middle of the area.

- West 7th is almost done filling in the Southwest quadrant.  There are a few little pieces still untouched, but I'm very comfortable we've reached the point where market forces will take care of it in due time.

That just leaves Linwood on the Northeast and the couple of blocks immediately South of White Settlement along the full Northern border.  Having Montgomery Plaza sitting so deep into the property while still being exclusively focused on 7th street makes it a little tougher to grab those last couple of blocks.  That being said, this is all exceeding my expectations greatly. 

I'm so very pleased about all of this.  Get all of this done, and it's not hard to imagine redevelopment of White Wettlement to the River, an industrial area bordered on two sides by the river which appears to be only about a third the size of the overall West 7th area.

#28 hannerhan

hannerhan

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

For me, this is the most exciting project on the drawing board right now.  That whole area has some really nice natural borders (River, Lancaster, University and White Settlement) and, ideally, well-monied development would extend to all of the borders. This project is a critical piece in completing the area.

- The left bank seals up development from the center of the area to its eastern border, the river, completing the majority of the Northeast quadrant.

- The SO7 development and surrounding projects mostly have the Southeast quadrant developed all the way to the park on the east and Lancaster to the South.  Please, dear God, someone buy Caliber Collision and reredevelop that horrible wart in the middle of the area.

- West 7th is almost done filling in the Southwest quadrant.  There are a few little pieces still untouched, but I'm very comfortable we've reached the point where market forces will take care of it in due time.

That just leaves Linwood on the Northeast and the couple of blocks immediately South of White Settlement along the full Northern border.  Having Montgomery Plaza sitting so deep into the property while still being exclusively focused on 7th street makes it a little tougher to grab those last couple of blocks.  That being said, this is all exceeding my expectations greatly. 

I'm so very pleased about all of this.  Get all of this done, and it's not hard to imagine redevelopment of White Wettlement to the River, an industrial area bordered on two sides by the river which appears to be only about a third the size of the overall West 7th area.

Remember that the TRV plans include routing the bypass channel through the area just to the North of this "Left Bank" property, so there really isn't much more work to be done assuming that happens.  This piece of property is really the link between all the current development and the new master planned TRV area.  So I really hope they do it right.  Lastly, there had better be access from the North end of this property directly on to White Settlement Road.  If 7th is the only access point, we're in for a major traffic problem due to the river and the FWWR tracks sandwiching the property in.  The TRV maps show only a small sliver of land between the tracks and the bypass channel at White Settlement, so that's going to be interesting.

#29 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

Most exciting, BY FAR. 

I was waiting to see what would happen to this area. I was thinking more bars or something like another 6th Street. I'm really hoping this comes to fruition. 

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#30 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

Just for reference of where the TRV cuts in.

8489891520_b7ce3c3250_o_zps811c972d.jpg

#31 Russ Graham

Russ Graham

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:17 AM

It looks like there will be no connection to White Settlement to the north, since the bridge starts before the FWWR tracks on the west side.  Connectivity might be a big problem for this development.

#32 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

It looks like there will be no connection to White Settlement to the north, since the bridge starts before the FWWR tracks on the west side.  Connectivity might be a big problem for this development.

Well it will be connected to the busier West 7th St....

7fwPZnE.png

#33 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

Who's to say they won't put in an at-grade crossing toward the north end of the parcel?  The crossing at W 7th is at grade.

My blog: Doohickie

#34 dfwerdoc

dfwerdoc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

this is the land they bought ... and 3 other lots from local local land owners. my guess is that those three lots are between kansas and white setllement. 

8507554750_8338caff34_o.jpg

#35 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

I hope those of you eyeing this prospective project in grandiose terms are not expecting something different, in scale if not in quality, from the other West 7th area developments. A glance at Centergy Retail's portfolio (on their website) suggests more of a mall-like chain of structures...like an H.E.B.   Nothing high rise, of course (not even the hotel).  May be wrong about this.

#36 cberen1

cberen1

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

It doesn't look like they've really done that many projects.  I didn't see anything comparable on the website, because the site was pretty light.  Will this look like "The Foutnains"? Who knows.  My hope is that they stay close to their interim namesake, left bank.  Mid-rise, mixed use, lots of residential, little to no visible parking.

#37 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

I hope those of you eyeing this prospective project in grandiose terms are not expecting something different, in scale if not in quality, from the other West 7th area developments. A glance at Centergy Retail's portfolio (on their website) suggests more of a mall-like chain of structures...like an H.E.B.   Nothing high rise, of course (not even the hotel).  May be wrong about this.

I don't think anyone's really expecting any highrises. 

But the development may still be a tad more urban than what their portfolio would suggest. At least, that's what I'm thinking. 

7fwPZnE.png

#38 Russ Graham

Russ Graham

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Who's to say they won't put in an at-grade crossing toward the north end of the parcel?  The crossing at W 7th is at grade.

You mean connect say, Kansas Street to Weisenberger?  Not bad.  What about a pedestrian / bike bridge at Kansas Street, connecting to the TRV?  Something like the Phyllis J Tilley bridge?

#39 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

The last time I sold a condo and I had to look for a place to live, I looked at Montgomery Plaza.  Mostly 6th floor facing Downtown.  The unknown future of this property between MP and Downtown kept me from getting more serious about the condo.  I thought, what if they build an 8 story building across from the Mexican Restaurant there?  I would lose my view of Downtown.   I even figured that Chesapeake would wind up putting in a big  parking garage there like next to a gas well or something.  If this development has nothing over 2 or 3 floors, the value of the MP East facing condos should move higher.  I have pretty much spent my life moving from "View to View"   One thing I do not do well any more is buying a place and then sitting around hoping I keep my view. I now have a guaranteed view. 

No doubt if they put in a Whole Foods Market I would be a happy camper.  As is, I have to go to Arlington once a month for many items I can find no place else.

www.fortworthview.com

#40 dfwerdoc

dfwerdoc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

brian i hear you about views but this is texas and the views of the city skyline are everywhere. the best view of the dallas is from south oak cliff and here's a view of our great city from a run down part of town 

8515413110_eaaccc66ea_b.jpg

#41 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:31 AM

brian i hear you about views but this is texas and the views of the city skyline are everywhere. the best view of the dallas is from south oak cliff and here's a view of our great city from a run down part of town 

What makes this a "run down" part of town?  It appears to be a very nice riverfront with walking paths.

#42 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:37 AM

What makes this a "run down" part of town?  It appears to be a very nice riverfront with walking paths.

... I think he's talking about the industrial area the behind this photo. 

7fwPZnE.png

#43 BlueMound

BlueMound

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

It would be nice if developers would build a railroad crossing that connected the Montgomery Plaza retail parking lot to the Left Bank development. Perhaps a railroad crossing next to the Luxury of Leather store or a crossing next to the Dollar Tree.

I think it would help traffic congestion and move customers between both developments more easily.

So7 has its own railroad crossing that leads from the Stayton to the townhomes in back

#44 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

A DMN blog piece reporting that this development is attempting to draw Neiman Marcus away from Ridgmar:

http://bizbeatblog.d...on-7th-st.html/

Included with the story is the first rendering I've seen of the project.  Not bad.  Very similar to the West 7th development.

#45 ramjet

ramjet

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

A DMN blog piece reporting that this development is attempting to draw Neiman Marcus away from Ridgmar:

http://bizbeatblog.d...on-7th-st.html/

Included with the story is the first rendering I've seen of the project.  Not bad.  Very similar to the West 7th development.

That would be a smart move by Neiman Marcus in my opinion.  I always thought they should move to Museum Place.  But this development would be just as good.  Last time I was at Ridgmar, it had become a bit sad.  Off topic, but Ridgmar should tear down the mall part, keep the department stores and connect them with greenspace and outward facing retail.  And tear down all those crummy satellite structures.  And Whole Foods is ridiculous not to already have a store in Fort Worth.  Glad one may pop up on the Left Bank.  (OK, back on topic.)

#46 Tacoma

Tacoma

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

The rendering looks like it provides a nice facade to 7th.  Hopefully there is some interaction with the river other than just the faces of those taller buildings. 

And I know Neimans and Centergy are Dallas companies but this article has been on the DMN blog since this morning and the Star-Telegram still hasn't put anything up.  Way to go local paper.....

#47 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

^ I agree, very interested in seeing the interaction with the river. Very few parts of FW are developed directly on the river. The only example really coming to my mind are TCC and The Woodhouse. I hope we can get some san Antonio-esque restraunts and walkway along the levee.

I did some digging and found an additional rendering and some higher res of the pictures from the article.

lb1_zps43fa9833.jpg

lb2_zps58a06fc9.jpg

lb3_zps5e37578f.jpg

#48 hannerhan

hannerhan

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

If they can land Neiman Marcus, this really does represent a major shift in perceived future retail dynamics within Tarrant County.  Only 20 years ago Hulen Mall was being expanded and it seemed like the suburban mall/retail concept was as strong as ever.  Amazing how things have changed in that time.

I still repeat my earlier comments in this thread that there needs to be an traffic outlet other than 7th Street for this project, and it's going to be interesting to see how they manage the traffic flow issues that come with a 1.5 million square foot development that is hemmed in on 3 sides.

#49 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,363 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

This project could be a great asset to Fort Worth.  I am also concerned about the amount of space being added and only one way in and out.  From the images that have been posted, it doesn't look as if there is enough room for access to White Settlement Road, even if Left Bank purchases the remainder of the property.  Whole Foods would make a great addition to the area, but I do wonder if this is a better location than Edwards Ranch.  Of course, it could be the Fort Worth Flagship Whole Foods.  I like the looks of the buildings from the renderings and the area along W. 7th looks similar to the development down the street.  I also wonder if this is going to make the residents of the upper floors of Montgomery Plaza very mad that their downtown view is blocked.  Can this area support all of the retail, commercial, office, hotels, and residential?

Do you really think Neiman Marcus would move?  I have mixed emotions.  First off, it seems that Neiman's is really close to the heart of their clientele where they are now.  Would their patrons move with them, or would this more urban location be a big bust for Neiman Marcus?  Their leaving Ridgmar also poses some problems, with that end of the mall being really dead and even the addition of the Rave Theater didn't help.  If you put another anchor in there, what would take Neiman's place?  We are not seeing too many new department stores being built, and with the e-Macy-ating of regional chains, there aren't too many new stores to come into Fort Worth.  There have been examples of portions of malls being demolished and then being rebuilt as "lifestyle" centers.  It could be Ramjet's idea would be the best solution, or maybe that hybrid that I was referencing.  Maybe the mall would end at Macy's and everything to the south would be outdoors.

#50 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:35 PM

Does the Left Bank site really go that close to the river?  It looks like it overlaps the current Trinity Trail.

As for access... maybe they could build a bridge over the Trinity.

My blog: Doohickie

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cultural District, West 7th, Mixed-Use, Retail, Hotel, New Construction

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)