Photo
- - - - -

Waterside (LMRA property being developed by Trademark)

Southwest FW LMRA

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#151 youngalum

youngalum

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:48 PM

Yet they have no problem with the Valero station with the lights there from flooding into those homes.  Always thought it was odd that people would spend any amount of $ on something that would light up their homes from dusk to dawn like living under a heating lamp.

#152 Thurman52

Thurman52

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:09 PM

Valero was there prior to the development. Eventually highest and best use will win out and it will be replaced.

#153 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:02 AM

I was one of the three votes for the hotel, but of course, it did not end up with the required votes.

It will be interesting to see what the City Council decides.

--

Kara B.

#154 Thurman52

Thurman52

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:20 PM

Looks like some townhouses on the way. https://homesofchara...com/coming-soon

#155 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:51 PM

Looks like some townhouses on the way. https://homesofchara...com/coming-soon

That should be a good fit for this area.  

#156 Cody C

Cody C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 08:52 AM

Fascinating to see two Fort Worth heavyweights squabble. Will be interesting to see what the city council decides. 

http://www.star-tele...e210938104.html

#157 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:26 AM

Interesting that the developer is using the HOA they control to wage war against the other one.

My blog: Doohickie

#158 txbornviking

txbornviking

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:18 AM

NIMBY gonna NIMBY

#159 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:34 AM

Whoever is in charge of writing online headlines for the Star Telegram should be publicly flogged.

I get that the case is going to ultimately go before the council, but the article reads like one zoning commissioner is throwing up her hands and saying the case is too complicated for them to handle on their own.  That's crap.  If you can't discern and make tough decisions, it's time to move on.

This sounds more like the HOA digging in on behalf of the bitter developer and asking them to stick to the original plan when the changes and concessions sound more favorable in the end.  Cutting off their nose to spite their face.  Throwing the baby out with the bathwater.  Any clichés I'm missing?

#160 txbornviking

txbornviking

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:59 PM

Whoever is in charge of writing online headlines for the Star Telegram should be publicly flogged.

I get that the case is going to ultimately go before the council, but the article reads like one zoning commissioner is throwing up her hands and saying the case is too complicated for them to handle on their own.  That's crap.  If you can't discern and make tough decisions, it's time to move on.

This sounds more like the HOA digging in on behalf of the bitter developer and asking them to stick to the original plan when the changes and concessions sound more favorable in the end.  Cutting off their nose to spite their face.  Throwing the baby out with the bathwater.  Any clichés I'm missing?

maybe "Penny wise and pound foolish," but you seem pretty on point.

#161 ramjet

ramjet

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:59 PM

It's the Star-Telegram, which has become an alien in our midst.  It really needs to get run out of town.

#162 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 01 June 2018 - 07:40 AM

Waterside owner sues Houston developer over incentives.  Here's a link to Sandra Baker's article in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram:

http://www.star-tele...e212214219.html

#163 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:12 AM

Sounds like, after over an hour of debate, the hotel was approved at the Council meeting last night, only by a 5-4 vote.

#164 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:53 PM

Here the Business Press article: http://www.fortworth...2a514d4b76.html

"Developers promised to restrict construction of hotels in the area to no more than two hotels. They also promised to put a full-service table-dining restaurant open to the public in the approved hotel, with no low-to-moderate restaurants"

#165 arch-image

arch-image

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:Gary Morgan - Historical preservation, zoning and growth issues, Serious but not professional photographer, been in construction and design since late 70's

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:16 AM

Originally Raymond Development was doing the hotel in question, are they still on board and going forward, I heard the other day they may have pulled out. 

#166 Thurman52

Thurman52

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 08:02 AM

Developer is now asking for permission for 81 townhome lots inside the oxbow.

http://files.constan...4d38cbda6db.pdf

#167 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 01:46 PM

The new FitWorth Bridge has opened, connecting Waterside to Bellaire Drive and extending the Trinity Trails. Fort Worth Magazine article, http://www.fwtx.com/...-trinity-trails

#168 txbornviking

txbornviking

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:50 AM

interesting indeed.

So many of these recent developments (Westbend, Clearfork, West 7th, Left Bank, etc) completely ignore all ownership opportunities. So this could be a positive...

#169 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:55 AM

I think I liked the initial proposal for this area better.

#170 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:02 AM

interesting indeed.

So many of these recent developments (Westbend, Clearfork, West 7th, Left Bank, etc) completely ignore all ownership opportunities. So this could be a positive...

Are these the same townhomes indicated in the original plan (to the left end of the site plan)?   Is this new?  Or is it just asking formal permission to do something that was planned previously?

CzvU5uaUUAArW8r.jpg

My blog: Doohickie

#171 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 02:22 PM

No, the townhomes from the original plan shown on the left of the drawing are currently being built.  These newly proposed townhomes are going in place of the office area within the bend of the oxbow (original river channel).  Right center of drawing.

#172 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:44 PM

I wonder where all the folks moving to these fancy new townhomes and apartments are working

#173 M2guy

M2guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:17 PM

I wonder where all the folks moving to these fancy new townhomes and apartments are working

Agreed, near by at the Kelton where my girlfriend is currently living in a studio apartment, they raised the rent to $1250 a month, which to me anyway is ridiculous. She is moving in with me at the end of the month so not a huge deal but it makes me wonder how people afford it.

#174 Big Frog II

Big Frog II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:59 PM

I have been wondering that myself.  I do believe that a lot of people work from home and only have to report into their office once a week so that can be anywhere in the DFW area.

#175 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:17 PM

Lockheed Martin is ramping up. https://www.star-tel...e221712370.html

#176 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 08:32 PM

Play Street Museum, an educational play space with interactive exhibits and kids activities, is opening at Waterside. https://ftworth.playstreetmuseum.com/

#177 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 12:38 AM

$1250/month is not a lot in monthly rent, even for a 1BR for a new apartment in an urban location. 

Who can afford that?  People usually use the test of max 33% of gross income should go toward housing (rent) so that would work out to $45,500/yr, which is less than a teacher earns.   So, most people who are single and employed can comfortably afford that. 

#178 M2guy

M2guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:40 AM

$1250/month is not a lot in monthly rent, even for a 1BR for a new apartment in an urban location. 
Who can afford that?  People usually use the test of max 33% of gross income should go toward housing (rent) so that would work out to $45,500/yr, which is less than a teacher earns.   So, most people who are single and employed can comfortably afford that. 

A studio is not a 1 bedroom. Its overpriced but people keep paying so it justifies the price I suppose!

#179 panthercity

panthercity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:12 AM

We pay 1265 for a 1200 sq. ft. 1 bedroom with a den. We'd really like to move into a urban neighborhood but we cannot bring ourselves to pay that much for such a small space.

#180 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 02:05 PM

A Residence Inn by Marriott is in the plans for the development along Arborlawn Dr.  This is being reported by the Fort Worth Business Press.

http://www.fortworth...b05778d0ed.html

#181 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 07:03 PM

A Residence Inn by Marriott is in the plans for the development along Arborlawn Dr.  This is being reported by the Fort Worth Business Press.

http://www.fortworth...b05778d0ed.html

They're not very specific on exactly where this is supposed to be.  

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#182 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 07:32 PM

It's on the south side of Arborlawn: https://www.watersid...912-colored.pdf

#183 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 07:52 PM

It's on the south side of Arborlawn: https://www.watersid...912-colored.pdf

Oh. 

Didn't really seem to be room for it at first glance. 

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#184 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 05 August 2019 - 11:40 PM

That’s a shame because the site is where the oxbow restaurants were going to be... nice having a hotel but losing the opportunity for restaurants alongside the oxbow would have been cool

#185 ramjet

ramjet

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 09:26 PM

I was in Fort Worth this evening.  I've been wanting to try Piattello and had the chance.  It was just me, and I sat at the bar (and watched TCU lose to WV :( ), but the food was terrific! Among the best Italian food I've ever had.  And the place was beautiful and didn't smell like a garlic nuclear explosion.  When I first got there around 6:30 the place was pretty empty, and I wondered why.  By the time I left around 8pm, it was packed.  A really good restaurant.  And great service.  Great service is not something we get in Austin very often.  FWIW, I really recommend this place for a nice dinner in a beautiful surrounding.

#186 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 10:21 PM

Thanks for the recommendation Ramjet... I have been wanting to try it out and have inly been for coffee

#187 roverone

roverone

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Modern Architecture, City Issues

Posted 30 November 2019 - 10:48 AM

Piattello is a great place -- I go there for dinner with friends just about every other week.  The food is really good (sister restaurant of Clay Pigeon).

One other thing I will add about it is that the bar kind of divides the space into a main dining room and a smaller space with a few tables and bar seating.  With friends we always try to be on that side either at the bar or those tables -- it makes you feel like you have your own space while still being able to look through the bar toward everyone else.  Plus, special bonus is the thoughtful inclusion of another rest room on that side.

Great food, great service.

#188 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:22 AM

I've seen Whole Foods in both Vancouver and Portland downtown. Neither have acres of parking.

Good observation.  I looked up the one in the Pearl District of Portland, OR.  It appears it has ZERO parking aside from street parking. 

Also, you'd think that for them to do that, the immediately surrounding blocks would need to be loaded with 12+ story residential highrise, as is common in NYC.  From Google Maps it appears there are several within 4-5 blocks but wouldnt seem like enough by itself to sustain a grocery store (even with the offices which probably also use it).   

It appears there aren't too many parking lots right around it, making me think that it is more a matter of options and alternatives than anything. 

That is, if there is demand for a grocery in a dense, wealthy neighborhood and there are NO options for parking, they might choose to go without vs not open a store. 

I'd wager that if a site were available that DID have a parking lot or garage they would choose that one, since they have do sell a high volume of products to sustain a store. 

IMO, in most parts of Fort Worth I'd like to see the stores oriented better, so that it is pedestrian friendly, not necessarily devoid of parking lots entirely

PS I'm sure the developers, Trademark, would LOVE to have Whole Foods require no parking since it would save Trademark a boat load of money to buy land, design/engineer, build, maintain, and pay taxes on a big parking lot.   I'll bet that Whole Foods is the one who pushed or "required" a large surface parking lot right in front of the building b/c their experience tells them most customers will arrive by car, especially those buying high volumes, (even in more walkable urban locations). 

#189 roverone

roverone

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Modern Architecture, City Issues

Posted 17 January 2020 - 07:24 AM

I noticed that this week the construction site for the hotel on the south side of Arborlawn has become active.

#190 Thurman52

Thurman52

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 08:24 AM

Proposed replat of the oxbow area for town home single family 

https://files.consta...91a0157e25c.pdf

#191 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 01:38 PM

Cookie Dough Bliss is opening next to Steel City Pops. YogaSix, Club Pilates, Pinspiration art supplies, and Blo Blow Dry Bar also opening at Waterside. No dates yet.

https://www.watersid...enant-openings/

#192 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 03:39 PM

"insertsweetsoundingnamehere" will be a walkable shopping, leisure, office, hotel and residential district .."

Gee, how many of these do we have or are planned in FW right now?  Given the short attention span of residents to patronize the latest restaurants, don't these dilute the developments in the more established areas?  (i.e. several along 7th, Magnolia, other southside areas).

I'm also a little worried about an oversaturation of urban developments. With so many of them, I have to imagine demand will be stretched thin....

Waterside is going to be very close to Clearfork, just on the other side of the river and new parkway under construction.

We now have over five years to reflect upon developments like this one and we can now say that the urban developments are exactly what is needed and will be successful in the future.  We can have a really wonderful city with more of these kinds of development across every part of the City.  

#193 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 11:28 PM

It's funny how I was concerned about there being too much urban development 5 years ago. Now, I think Fort Worth could stand to build much more urban development.

Also, this project isn't even all that urban. There is a ton of surface parking and few surroundings places to walk to.

-Dylan

#194 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 08:57 AM

Dylan, I agree with you in that I wouldn't call Waterside all that urban.  I do like having the REI store between my home and office.  I was there this weekend getting a to go pizza at Blaze and I saw the construction site for the hotel.

#195 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 12:18 PM

It's funny how I was concerned about there being too much urban development 5 years ago. Now, I think Fort Worth could stand to build much more urban development.

Also, this project isn't even all that urban. There is a ton of surface parking and few surroundings places to walk to.

I agree that it is not truly urban, but what did you truly expect. It is not really in a very Urban part of the city so for what it’s worth it just creates another small area to congregate in and also become a destination. However, it does not feel like a suburban development either because of the Trails and River running next to it.

#196 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 12:21 PM

It is definitely a hybrid feel. The Grove area is a lot of fun and unique area in Fort Worth, especially with the apartments directly attached. 

#197 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 12:19 PM

2 story medical building at 4000 Bryant Irvin

https://www.tdlr.tex.../TABS2021001816

#198 Nitixope

Nitixope

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,868 posts
  • Interests:Biking, Photography, Music, Bass Guitar, Architecture, Construction

Posted 06 October 2020 - 03:39 PM

I didn't realize the bridge was open along Watercourse Dr.  Last weekend, I was able to travel the east bank from the low water crossing by Press Cafe all the way through to Bellaire toward Art's Park.  Nice alternative for those with mountain or gravel bike tires from the usual busy side of the trail.  Theoretically, you could travel the east bank all the way from Colonial to Oakmont Park bridge.

PGj9ROQ.jpg

RvRPN3z.jpg

0TP49AQ.jpg

iravbSO.jpg

J655jQr.jpg

(I cut through Cera's parking lot but could have stayed closer along the river on the gravel through the public parking instead)

V6NmBkX.jpg

(Lovely bridge makes the big connection and not having to even get close to traffic from Bryant Irvin.)  Anyone know the finish date on this construction?  I shouldn't have waited this long to figure out this route.)

G7lZTZ6.jpg

Xx2kFU0.jpg

mKuI2Rr.jpg

(These new townhomes have a high quality feel to their design and construction.  Nice to see them up close in-person vs from across the river.  Wonder what these are selling for?)

#199 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 05:12 PM

V6NmBkX.jpg
(Lovely bridge makes the big connection and not having to even get close to traffic from Bryant Irvin.)  Anyone know the finish date on this construction?  I shouldn't have waited this long to figure out this route.)

It's the FitWorth Bridge, opened about two years ago. https://fwtx.com/new...trinity-trails/

#200 Nitixope

Nitixope

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,868 posts
  • Interests:Biking, Photography, Music, Bass Guitar, Architecture, Construction

Posted 06 October 2020 - 06:00 PM

Thanks for the info and link. Nice that this bridge is not just for emergency vehicles.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Southwest FW, LMRA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users