Photo
- - - - -

Photo Challenge: Fort Worth or Dallas skylines.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 max1979

max1979

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:39 AM

Photo Challenge: How far away can you see/get a photo of the Fort Worth or Dallas skylines?

I was curious to see how far away you can see and/or get a photo of the Fort Worth and Dallas skylines. Anyone who has photos can post them. I know I have been able to spot the Fort Worth skyline it seems from I-30 while in Parker County and from northern Johnson county. I have been able to spot Bank of America Plaza (the green-lighted building) and the light on top of Renaissance Tower in Dallas for instance from the parking garage of John Peter Smith hospital in Fort Worth and even some spots on I-35W. (Approximately 30 miles away). You are free to also mention other buildings/landmarks in the area such as Denton, Arlington, Plano, or even Waco buildings.

Please post photo and description of location taken and approximate distance away. As long at the moderators are okay with it, you can post the location without a photo also if you do not have a photo.

#2 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:48 AM

There's a thread regarding a photo of both skylines from the same location here:

http://www.fortwortharchitecture.com/forum...+Skylines\

And here's the photograph taken in 2005:

I think there is also another thread where we discuss the actual location of the photograph.

#3 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (max1979 @ Jun 16 2009, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Photo Challenge: How far away can you see/get a photo of the Fort Worth or Dallas skylines?

I was curious to see how far away you can see and/or get a photo of the Fort Worth and Dallas skylines. Anyone who has photos can post them. I know I have been able to spot the Fort Worth skyline it seems from I-30 while in Parker County and from northern Johnson county. I have been able to spot Bank of America Plaza (the green-lighted building) and the light on top of Renaissance Tower in Dallas for instance from the parking garage of John Peter Smith hospital in Fort Worth and even some spots on I-35W. (Approximately 30 miles away). You are free to also mention other buildings/landmarks in the area such as Denton, Arlington, Plano, or even Waco buildings.

Please post photo and description of location taken and approximate distance away. As long at the moderators are okay with it, you can post the location without a photo also if you do not have a photo.

Your query is the essence of my several year long obsession.

I first want to make sure you saw these Forum sections... This is not exactly what you are asking for, but in the neighborhood for sure. (and there are several sections of this Forum that have skyline pics, but...)

http://www.fortworth...?showtopic=3244

http://www.fortworth...?showtopic=3130
www.fortworthview.com

#4 Sam Stone

Sam Stone

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:17 AM

John, your photo of the two skylines never ceases to amaze me. I wonder if there's another spot in the southeast (Cedar Hill?) where this might be possible.

#5 cbellomy

cbellomy

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:12 AM

The hill where I-20 meets 408 affords a view of both skylines, I think, but because the location is so close to the line between the two it would take a panoramic shot to pull it off. I bet the big hill out by Flower Mound would offer a good view of both skylines.

#6 max1979

max1979

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:33 PM

Thank you all for the links to the other threads. That picture above is very neat. I have seen it before, and I liked it a lot. Did anyone ever figure the exact location this was taken at?

#7 cbellomy

cbellomy

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:18 PM

Max, yes. It is very near the intersection of White Settlement Road and Cattle Baron Drive in far eastern Parker County.

#8 Volare

Volare

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Interests:running, cycling, geocaching, photography, gardening, hunting, fishing...

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:18 PM

This one is only about five miles away, but it's five miles straight up:

Downtown Dallas is in the bottom of the photo. You can see Love Field to the left, and the Trinity Ditch along the bottom left to right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users