218 replies to this topic

#51 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:14 PM

All in all, further good news for the Lancaster Corridor.

If I have any concerns, it would be in the naming rights of the project and that the city is recommending "Pinnacle Bank Place" over "Pinnacle Place". 

Remembering "Ameriquest Park in Arlington" and "Enron Park" in Houston, would not the city be smart to take a lesson from the risks associated with corporate+municipal naming?

The safer bet is in my opinion, "Pinnacle"

#52 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:28 PM

I really hope we don't just see the garage built and then the rest of the project goes south.

Isn't it funny how projects get approved with lots of promises only to have a very different and much less appealing net result. 

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#53 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:35 PM

I really hope we don't just see the garage built and then the rest of the project goes south.

Isn't it funny how projects get approved with lots of promises only to have a very different and much less appealing net result. 

Funny sad, not funny ha-ha, yeah.

--

Kara B.

#54 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:57 AM

Perhaps so.  But, in this case, I'm more sanguine First of all, being a public-private funded project, the city would insist on terms of completion once construction has begun.  Can't image a half-way performance (e.g., garage only) that the council would tolerate.  And second, Pinnacle Bank has already committed to retail space ($1.28 million) and the council has approved the bank's financing plan to the tune of $16.5 million.  Too much money at stake here to start up, then abandon.  Could be wrong, but that's my opinion.

#55 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:52 PM

I think the Mercado project showed that the city has plenty of history with half baked private-public partnerships.

#56 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:59 AM

I think the Mercado project showed that the city has plenty of history with half baked private-public partnerships.

I hope you are not correct in that assessment.  But the S-T article below has me a bit confused.  Prior news about the Pinnacle Bank construction plans at this site aren't even mentioned.  Could be Sandra Baker's oversight as a journalist.  Now the city wants to retain a "master developer."  To me, that' sounds like "it's back to the drawing board."  If the master developer is hired this summer, he or she is going to want to take a good deal of time to do the drafting, etc.  I don't believe construction is going to start this fall.

http://www.star-tele...-developer.html

#57 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:46 AM

I believe the master developer is for the entirety of Lancaster, this 3 building mixed use project is something already planned.

#58 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:24 AM

I believe the master developer is for the entirety of Lancaster, this 3 building mixed use project is something already planned.

Austin, walking to the P.O. this morning I noticed a yellow ribbon around the old covered parking lot structure.  Wonder if this is preliminary to commencing the 3-building project?

#59 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:11 PM

^It may be.

I heard today through the grapevine that TCC is really vulturing Radioshack for more office space and wants to completely get out of the May Owen Center. Perhaps that building could be implemented or maybe even demolished and be implemented into a better Lancaster.

#60 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:05 PM

I had been hearing that getting out of the May Owen Center was part of the plan since the RadioShack campus was purchased.

#61 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:31 PM

I think it was part of the original East campus before it was scaled back.

#62 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:59 AM

The May Owen building is pretty terrible, so I wouldn't be sad to see it go for better development to benefit Lancaster.

--

Kara B.

#63 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:47 AM

The May Owen building is pretty terrible, so I wouldn't be sad to see it go for better development to benefit Lancaster.

I couldn't agree more.  And ditto regarding the T&P Warehouse.  I re-read the S-T article about the master developer's mission to "compliment the historical structures."  Not sure what that means.  Similar historical building designs?  Wow! 

But I have to chuckle over the article's reference to the T&P Warehouse.  Historical yes, but obviously anything new built across the way on Lancaster will be a dramatic improvement over this dilapidated structure.

#64 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:58 AM

Additional thought, as now I'm still confused.  If the master developer's mission is to "compliment the historical structures" then one must assume that any new projects along Lancaster in that particular area should have an historical-looking façade.  If that's a correct assumption, then what about the 3-building project that includes Pinnacle Bank?  I didn't think these particular structures (as previously announced) to be located directly across from the historical buildings will, in any way, be complimentary.  Someone help me out here.

#65 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:43 PM

Presumably, "complement the historic structures" in scale, massing, and general materials & "feel," not in "only able to use historic facades."

And I completely disagree re: the warehouse.  It may be neglected, but it has an inherent goodness to it - it has interesting architectural details, it is genuinely historic, it has great street interaction (well, it would if anybody else owned it and restored it), it has grand presence.  Demolishing it would be a terrible mistake - its inherent goodness would make it a beautiful addition to the street when it's restored (presumably by another owner).  The May Owen building has basically zero of the inherent goodness of the T&P Warehouse - it has no interesting architectural details, it is not historic, it has awful street interaction, it has zero presence.  It is just a generic, crappy little '70s box with no redeeming characteristics to anybody outside of its tenants.  It could vanish tomorrow and nobody would blink.

--

Kara B.

#66 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:45 PM

Additional thought, as now I'm still confused.  If the master developer's mission is to "compliment the historical structures" then one must assume that any new projects along Lancaster in that particular area should have an historical-looking façade.  If that's a correct assumption, then what about the 3-building project that includes Pinnacle Bank?  I didn't think these particular structures (as previously announced) to be located directly across from the historical buildings will, in any way, be complimentary.  Someone help me out here.

Look back to post #26 and the renderings there. 

#67 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:59 PM

Unless the new buildings are going to literally be yelling across the street to the old buildings, "Hey, bro, looking nice!", then the correct usage is "complement" with an "e". Not sure how a seasoned reporter like Sandra Baker and her editors missed that.

I take complement to mean "not clash" rather than be a mirror image. Along the lines of the look of the rendering or the new Sundance buildings. The look of the Cantey-Hanger building would be the opposite of complementary in my opinion.

The fact that the T&P Warehouse was built more than 80 years ago, has largely been vacant for more than 30, and has held up as nicely as it has is a testament to its greatness and the fact that it is exceptionally well-built. The shear cost of demolition would greatly hurt the ability to redevelop the land. Go find a Wal Mart that's sat vacant for a year and see if it looks 1/10 as good as the T&P Warehouse.

#68 Dismuke

Dismuke

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts
  • Interests:Late 19th/early 20th century history, popular culture architecture and music. Collecting 78 rpm records from the 1900 - 1930 era.

Posted 24 May 2014 - 02:31 PM

I will take run-down grandeur over pristinely maintained mediocrity any day.   And "grandeur" is something the warehouse has, especially in today's context.  Warehouses with such attention to aesthetic beauty and detail will never be built again (and it is even rare in high-end buildings).  So the ones that we still have are literally irreplaceable - and this one is especially nice even given high standards of its era.   And the structure is extremely memorable and even famous given its proximity to both the old and new route of I-30 through downtown - I have actually had several people who are not from Fort Worth and have only passed through describe it to me and ask about it.  Even in its current condition it is still one of Fort Worth's more iconic buildings.

Radio Dismuke
1920s & 1930s Pop & Jazz
24-Hour Internet Radio
www.RadioDismuke.com

#69 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:05 AM

I think you guys misunderstood my point about the T&P Warehouse.  I wasn't saying it's a badly done historical building.  Of course not, since it was designed and built circa the time of the depot and (I believe) the post office.  All these structures are tributes to early 20th century architecture.    But unless it's renovated, it remains a dilapidated shell.  So no one can convince me that building a new building across the way would not be an improvement over the warehouse in its current condition.

Yes, I, too,  know the difference between complement and compliment, but I was quoting Baker directly.

#70 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:21 AM

Which is why I ripped her and not you.

#71 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

Pinnacle Place has filed with the TDLR for their accessibility review and that lists the construction start date as October.  So, it looks like this project is moving forward.

#72 cberen1

cberen1

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:58 AM

I still think the T&P warehouse would make a great data center.  Won't need much parking.  Built like a bunker.  Close to the business center.

#73 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:32 AM

I still think the T&P warehouse would make a great data center.  Won't need much parking.  Built like a bunker.  Close to the business center.

In an ideal world, I can see the T&P Warehouse as a great tech incubator center - the bunker-like part for a data center, other sections for small startup companies, co-working spaces, etc. with ground-floor retail.  Something to boost urban Fort Worth's employment with something other than oil & gas companies.

On-topic - I deeply look forward to seeing this project start to roll.  I'm hoping it turns out as well as we hope it does.

--

Kara B.

#74 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:50 PM

In an ideal world, I can see the T&P Warehouse as a great tech incubator center - .....

I think this the T&P Warehouse is an ideal location for such a center.  We have UT and A&M in Tarrant County, would love to have Texas Tech here using the T&PW for a learning and research center.

#75 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:06 AM

Not meaning to express impatience on the "pace" of this project, but I frequently check it out when I walk to and from the Lancaster post office.  The most recent FWBP article stated that construction would begin in either late August or early September of this year.  Walked by there Friday and not even preparatory site work yet. 

#76 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:30 AM

Hopefully there is a reevaluation of the setback from Lancaster that would allow streetcars to run east-and-west someday. Placing one building close to the street would render that route useless for the future.

#77 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:50 AM

Hopefully there is a reevaluation of the setback from Lancaster that would allow streetcars to run east-and-west someday. Placing one building close to the street would render that route useless for the future.

Sounds like you have inside information about this, or is it just conjecture?  If the former, are you informing us that the city and developer are holding up this project in order to re-configure the setback on the site design plans in order to accommodate street cars should they be installed in the future?

#78 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:27 AM

There were never any plans to run streetcars on Lancaster.

If there were, they'd run in the traffic lanes.  Whatever is delaying the project, if it is delayed (I'd wager it's just the usual Fort Worth pace), it isn't that.

--

Kara B.

#79 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:38 PM

No, no inside info, just "hoping" that was what was holding up the project.

#80 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:30 AM

Let's wait till November

Pinnacle Place has filed with the TDLR for their accessibility review and that lists the construction start date as October.  So, it looks like this project is moving forward.

#81 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:04 AM

More reviews of the development will be heard by the Downtown Design Review Board at their meeting in October.

#82 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:06 AM

No significant "new" news, but a few more bits of info from the FWBP. No mention of constuction start date. Completion is said to be Spring 2016. So hopefully soon. 

MIXED-USE DEVELOPMENT DUE ON LANCASTER
JQ civil and structural engineering firm has confirmed its role in the Pinnacle Place development, a 157,000-square-foot mixed-use property along Lancaster Avenue between Throckmorton and Jennings streets in Fort Worth.
When complete, the site will offer 32,000 square feet of retail space on the ground level, with four levels of residential space above totaling 125,000 square feet. Also planned is a five-and-a-half level, 455-space parking garage with pedestrian bridge to the residences. 
Design architect is Ibanez Architecture, with JHP Architecture as residential architect and Bennett Benner Partners the architect for the parking garage. Lancaster Corridor Redevelopment LLC is developing the property.

Maybe BBP can make that garage look nice. 

#83 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:50 AM

Project should start January next year

http://www.star-tele...or-parking.html

May 2014

Construction on the project is expected to begin at the end of August, or early September

http://fwbusinesspre...e.aspx?aid=5265

Yesterday

If the financing closes before Christmas, construction could begin in January or February, Chapa said. Completion would be in summer 2017. 

http://fwbusinesspre...g-forward-.aspx

BAHHHHHH.

#84 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:58 PM

I love the dichotomy of posts on here.  One minute someone complains about the slow pace of development in FW, the next they act surprised when the dirt doesn't turn the day after an announcement or it doesn't follow the exact timeline stated in the initial release.

This project is a complicated public-private partnership.  I would rather the city take the time to get their ducks in a row on the private side of the partnership than blindly plow forward and put themselves in a position to assume all of the risk.  (ie The Mercado on N. Main)

#85 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:50 PM

It if were physically possible, I would love to invite everyone on this forum to follow me around and observe everything that design professionals have to deal with when working on construction projects.  I think this forum would have a much better understanding of all of the dynamics that are present in a construction project. 

#86 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:05 AM

Not meaning to toot my own horn, but for years (long ago)  I was a news reporter in the Norman-Oklahoma City area and followed the course of project development involving rezoning applications, site plans, possible board of adjustment hearings, necessary planning commission hearings, and the planners' recommendations to the city council.  I have great respect for architects and developers and an appreciation for the steady but sometimes sluggish pace of construction,  One thing I never liked was a false alarm on a grandiose building proposal that generated and then doused land speculative expectations (e.g., Normanites for years thought IBM was going to build a huge plant there, and it never happened).  The Forum tour invitation sounds good, though.

#87 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:32 PM

"Tear Down This Wall: Water Gardens....Back on the burner: Mayor Betsy Price wants to explore removing the south wall of the Fort Worth Water Gardens, opening it up to West Lancaster. The Water Gardens “is just such a terribly underutilized asset,” says Price, who envisions events like concerts if the enclosure were opened up.....The idea: It came up 7-8 years ago in planning discussions for Lancaster; Price asked the city staff on Dec. 9 to resume exploring it.....What’s next: Fort Worth Housing and Economic Development Director Jay Chapa said he expects the Lancaster TIF board will discuss the idea at its January meeting, and the mayor and council will hear options during a broader February staff briefing on Lancaster". - FWBP

So we have concerts in Sundance Square, The Botanical Gardens, The Stockyards, West 7th, Near South, the planned New WRMC Arena, so on, so on... and the Mayor believes the Water Gardens is a vastly under utilized venue that is just ideal for concerts. I suspect that she dreams of a day when the Gardens will have a skateboard area and bike trails crisscrossing it. Of course next will be her assault upon the Botanic Gardens. Mayor Price seemingly does not appreciate a masterfully designed work of public architecture.

I pray that the Amon G. Carter Foundation will step in an put a stop to her moronic idea.

#88 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:38 AM

It was my understanding from 7-8 years ago that the Water Gardens property would be extended into the vacant excess land from the old Lancaster/I-30 layout.  This extension would feature some openings to allow access, but the park would still be, more or less, walled off. 

#89 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:26 AM

So we have concerts in Sundance Square, The Botanical Gardens, The Stockyards, West 7th, Near South, the planned New WRMC Arena, so on, so on... and the Mayor believes the Water Gardens is a vastly under utilized venue that is just ideal for concerts. I suspect that she dreams of a day when the Gardens will have a skateboard area and bike trails crisscrossing it. Of course next will be her assault upon the Botanic Gardens. Mayor Price seemingly does not appreciate a masterfully designed work of public architecture.

I pray that the Amon G. Carter Foundation will step in an put a stop to her moronic idea.

"Moronic"!?!?!

Opening up a deadening, unappealing blank wall in an urban setting for better pedestrian access is not a "moronic" idea.  Especially now that the street outside said wall is being fixed from its old days of being a pedestrian-unfriendly wasteland, and said wall is just another element that hurts the street.

This isn't the '70s.  Blank, unaccessible walls keeping out nasty, unpleasant streets aren't what urban spaces are about.

--

Kara B.

#90 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:12 PM

I do not like the idea of having concerts at the Water Gardens.

You're supposed to listen to water when you're at the Water Gardens, and I prefer the Water Gardens when there are only a few people there.

-Dylan

#91 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:21 PM

"Moronic"!?!?!

Opening up a deadening, unappealing blank wall in an urban setting for better pedestrian access is not a "moronic" idea.  Especially now that the street outside said wall is being fixed from its old days of being a pedestrian-unfriendly wasteland, and said wall is just another element that hurts the street.

This isn't the '70s.  Blank, unaccessible walls keeping out nasty, unpleasant streets aren't what urban spaces are about.

Evidently, neither Mayor Price or you viewed the documentary produced by KERA commemorating the 10th anniversary of the Water Gardens.  If so, you both seem to have failed to understand that the design of the WG was purposefully laid out by Mr. Johnson who wanted to create a sort of "Alice in Wonderland" affect about the garden.  He hoped that one would be drawn through the garden in such a way as to discover magical features of water and mountains hidden around each turn. I do not feel that he believed that the affect he sought could be properly experienced if the WG resembled swiss cheese.

Both the overhead and the avenue were not then or now factors in the orientation or concept of the gardens. There are ways to enhance the appearance of the wall from the avenue without tinkering with the artistic integrity of the gardens. Instead of tearing down the wall, line it with public art. [Nude Nymphs..hehe]

http://keranews.org/...0th-anniversary

#92 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:23 PM

I do not like the idea of having concerts at the Water Gardens.

You're supposed to listen to water when you're at the Water Gardens, and I prefer the Water Gardens when there are only a few people there.

I think some Handel would be very appropriate for this setting, maybe an annual event...

#93 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:54 AM

The pros and cons, of course, were discussed in another thread.  But, in response to the mayor's published opinion on the Water Gardens, I would concede to some renovations on the West Lancaster side so long as the Gardens' retains its aesthetic values of exclusivity and serenity.  I do believe it was not intended to be a "public playground."   With the exception of being more concrete than flora and fauna, the Water Gardens shares similar characteristics to the Botanic Gardens.  The occasional low-profile music or visual arts event may be a welcome addition, but a cautionary note:  With the planned mixed-use project nearby, West Lancaster will likely experience increased commercialization.  I hope the commercialization doesn't spill over into the Water Gardens...no pun intended.

#94 prideftw

prideftw

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Interests:men, reading, music, and development

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:30 PM

So when they actually start building the apartments on Lancaster?

#95 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:17 PM

From Austin's post 3 days ago:

Yesterday

If the financing closes before Christmas, construction could begin in January or February, Chapa said. Completion would be in summer 2017. 

#96 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:57 AM

Pinnacle Bank and the city of Fort Worth’s Local Development Corp. closed out two agreements, and construction of the five-story Pinnacle Bank Place on West Lancaster Avenue downtown will begin early this year.

Pinnacle committed to loan the LDC $16.5 million to build the 160,000-square-foot mixed-use builiding, and agreed to buy the 8,500-square-foot west side of the ground floor. The bank will open a street-level, full-service branch in the retail space, and completion of the building is expected in the first quarter of 2016.

The building, on West Lancaster between Jennings and Throckmorton streets, is planned to have retail space and apartment management offices. The four floors above will have 130 apartments. Total project costs are expected at about $19.7 million.

Behind Pinnacle Bank Place will be a parking garage that will include parking for residents and tenants. Pinnacle has a 50-year lease for a drive-thru for the bank on the first floor of the garage.

“Pinnacle Bank is excited about the opportunities that abound in Fort Worth, including the burgeoning development of Lancaster Avenue,” Peter Bennis, CEO of Pinnacle Bank’s Texas locations, said. “Our heritage and long-term vision fit perfectly with the most dynamic Central Business District in Texas.”

JHP Architectural/Urban Design is the project architect, with Ibanez Architecture as consultant. Jordan Foster is the general contractor.

http://fwbusinesspre...for-launch.aspx

Sounds like things have happened. I didn't realize there would a drive through bank which is a bit disappointing (don't we already have about 5 of those laying around, abandoned?) but eh. I'm curious if the garage will take this shape, 

lancaster.jpg.728x520_q85.jpg

or if it will be different. Seems like an odd layout. I've also noticed that small stretch of 15th street is no more, and the sidewalks have been placed at curb level where the road formerly cut through. 

Another thing I'm wondering about is if the building in front of the ZIpper mural between Jennings and Monroe is still a part of it, or if that one has been dropped. (On the left)

#97 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:24 AM

Project should start January next year

http://www.star-tele...or-parking.html

May 2014

Construction on the project is expected to begin at the end of August, or early September

http://fwbusinesspre...e.aspx?aid=5265

Yesterday

BAHHHHHH.

Add to this post. Should start in two weeks.

Oh and Nishimura shared elevation. 

NFI5ZRA.jpg

#98 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:56 AM

This is a quite good reflection of the surrounding architectural style in the Lancaster Corridor.  I hope that it will be repeated along the stretch of the avenue.

Oh and Nishimura shared elevation. 

NFI5ZRA.jpg

#99 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:48 PM

It will depend a lot on the quality of materials used. Even though these are essentially background buildings I worry about the them looking a bit cheap.

#100 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:09 PM

It will depend a lot on the quality of materials used. Even though these are essentially background buildings I worry about the them looking a bit cheap.

Me too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Downtown, New Apartments, Lancaster Corridor, New Construction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users